South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-20-2011, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/192/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Super newbie here! Just a couple of questions...

I started the SBD last Tuesday and I have lost 4lbs(yay! and I realize it won't be a constant thing but it's still exciting). Next week I'll be entering Phase 2 and I'm a little nervous about adding grains back into my diet. I don't crave them anymore(except cereal...so sick of eggs already). Fruit has never given me a problem in weight loss so I'll probably stick to one serving a day. But grains scare me. Should I limit my grain intake to once or twice a week? I don't want to fall back into old habits...grains at every meal. What to you think? Also, I have this super amazing nacho dip recipe and I'm at a loss on what to eat it with. I can't and don't want chips. What are some tasty options? I read celery somewhere but I don't know how great that would taste.
samalama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC and our SBD forum! Here are several links which might help you out

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...questions-115/

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...phase-2-a.html

You don't need to eat eggs for breakfast, even now. I'm personally an every day Green Monster smoothie fan, but lots of beachers have leftovers, beans and soups for breakfast.

Celery actually sounds good with a nacho cheese dip.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, salmalama! Congratulations on your successful weightloss so far, and keep up the good work! Please check out the links that Lexxiss suggested for other alternatives for breakfast suggestions, and also how to introduce Phase II into your diet.

Good luck, and we look forward to getting to know you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

celery and cucumbers as well as bell peppers make for awesome dippers. Carrots in Ph2 as well. Broccoli for those who like it raw too may work.

Green monsters are great for breakfast - they actually keep ME full! I also like cottage cheese for breakfast or yogurt. I rarely eat eggs.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with the breakfast comments; I eat beans now for breakfast every day. Great combination of protein, carbs and fiber.

As for adding grains, everyone is different, but what you said about yourself makes me think you are like me and I have found that I do best when I eat very few grains. Honestly, I don't miss them at meals anymore at all. I can't remember the last time I had grains at breakfast or lunch! I do worst when I eat them earlier in the day... leads me to eat more and more and... well, you get the idea. I find I crave grains more than anything so for me that is a red flag.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Grains are not my friends anymore. I get uncontrollable cravings to eat more when I have even one serving. I eat lots of beans, sweet potatoes and starchy veggies instead. Maybe add in fruit the first week and wait until your second week of Phase II to add in a grain.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote