Torture working in a restaurant! Any tips?

• So first day on beach And boom I have to do a catering party! Nice breads, pasta Ans potatoes! I'm chewing gum like crazy. We have pasta fagoli soup, can I eat for the beans and skip the pasta or not a good idea?
  • I would skip. I am a restaurant general manager and it takes a heck of a lot of planning and willpower, but the longer you stay strong and don't dive into the things that are in the "grey" area, the easier it becomes.

Good luck!
  • I'd agree, and say skip.
  • Skip the gum and have a big ice cold bottle of water for cravings.

Gum is a good helper for stomach bloat, since you suck in alot of air while chewing gum. It's also alot of empty stuff you do't need. Water will be a much better help. Will fill you up and make you feel full, will help reduce those cravings. If you feel like you are hungry, take a big ol drink of water and wait about 20 minutes. if you still feel hungry have something to eat.
  • Skip. When I am working with food, I chew gum and wear surgical gloves. If I have not been the one to cook the food, I imagine it came from one of the most unsanitary kitchens I know. I also try to have something on plan before I work - even a glass of milk helps.
  • I work in a restaurant, too. I have to pack food and snacks in a lot of days or I go off the rails.
  • Thanks everyone. Water is definetly been my friend! And cucumbers!!