South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:11 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Sept. 17-18

Good Morning

I'm still dealing with a mini cold, but nothing show stopping. It's travel day and I've had my 6 hours of rest. We'll leave within the hour and be over in time to enjoy our Saturday. Farmers Market, pool, a bike ride and, of course a healthy day with food. I'm doing great on my P1 reboot, starting day 4.

What's up in your world? Stop by and say hi

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, "rest" or "sleep"? I hope it's the latter. There's an article in the current issue of Macleans, Canadian newsmag, that says we need 7-8 hours for weightloss. That's a dream for lots of us, I think although I got 7 last night.

The poetry reading went well and there were lots of people - more than 20 is a lot for a poetry reading! Anders Carson is a fun guy but also a serious poet. He and I have been friends for years. Everyone who came was astonished to see the interior of the old Town Hall building building which looked pretty good without the exhibits despite needing major repair. It was a cold night and we served lots of hot chocolate which was much appreciated.

Busy day ahead with Open Doors at the Mill and the Church, the Turkey Fair parade where I represent Delta - not dressed as a turkey! - and then Barb's Birthday Fish Fry in her yard. I'll bundle up for that one since it's getting cold at night - 32º right now but the sun is rising.

Time to crank up this busy day. I hope your Saturday is delightful, fun and restful. Two out of three won't be bad for me.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Debbie! I visited our little farmer's stand yesterday and got cantaloupe and zucchini. I love local farmers.

Hubby's phone died that slow, loud death starting about 4:00 this morning. He got up around 5:30 to charge it up. I'll take any excuse for an afternoon nap. Not a lot planned for the weekend. I have to make a trip to Sam's Club -- Yay! Hubby and Auston are going fishing tonight, so I'll have a few hours without college football. Yay again!

I did some research on the Green Monster. I have a Kitchen Aid food processor. Do you think that will mix it up? I have a blender somewhere...
Old 09-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Another chilly one here. We broke down and turned on the heat the night before last. Allergies are bad or I'm getting a cold; I'm guessing allergies.

Big day yesterday...while going through my closet to see what pants fit, found a box of "fat" pants and for the first time in all my yo-yo years am going to get rid of them all! Unfortunately my middle-age spread is here to stay and I am also getting rid of "skinny" pants that fit everywhere but the waist. I went shopping and got 4 new pairs of pants. I love stretch denim!!

Dinner out tonight. I think I'll need to pump up with some caffeine so I don't fall asleep on our friends. And this morning the battery backup for my computer was making noises. It has apparently died. But the good news is that maybe, just maybe, that's what has been causing my computer to act wonky.

Hope you have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth, it's a super deep no one can wake me up kind of sleep. It's probably why I go on 6 hours. 7-8 hours does not happen in my world. Have fun today! I was glad to read you are not dressing as a Turkey! Brr!! 32 degrees! It's happening fast!

Chelby, I recall you bought a vita mix at the flea market several years ago...I was jealous. Did you sell it? Dunno on the Kitchen Aid. Get that nap in and hope you find something fun at Sams.

Karen, You rock! Cleaning out those clothes! I love stretch denim, too. Where are you going for dinner?

So my phone rings at 5:30am and we've just unpacked the car...it's my mom...I'm thinking, uh oh...what's happened. She wanted to know what the ambulance was doing outside my house last night. Dunno?? I went to bed at 7. So she says, ok, well I knew I could call you early since you're getting ready to go. I say, I'm already in Glenwood. No, she says, no you're not. Yes I am. I smiled.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been awake since 5 but focused on coffee. Why did I not realize until this week that I could make chai coffee? I'm in heaven - really good chai spices used with coffee instead of black tea. I bought the chai for smoothies but more is being used in coffee right now. What a perfect cool fall morning beverage.

Debbie - congratulations on your P1 success. Happy and safe travels today

Ruth - it certainly seems like turkey dress would be appropriate...

Chel - enjoy your football free quiet time!

Karen - This whole middle age thing is a challenge. Congratulations for finally letting those "fat" clothes go! Doesn't it feel great to decide you won't need them again?

I'm off to my parents tomorrow but the usual long list today. When do I get that down time I was looking forward to?? I've got a kitchen full of basil picked ahead of the potential frost, some greens to dry, lots of the usual cleaning and laundry and food prep for the week. All that and DW would like me to not bother her please. She is getting her classes all prepped so they will run well while she is out of commission for surgery (10/17) - at least one week off line and 3-4 at home. It will be hardest for the onsite class. I'll be stuck in Boston for the time she is in the hospital. If anyone has any great tips for WiFi available spots to hang out or fun things to do please pass them on. I promised her I wouldn't sit around the hospital staring at her 8 hours a day

Okay, a new cup of chai coffee in hand and time to get cracking.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #7  

Debbie, I still have the vitamix. Jeff bought it off Ebay. It's an old model and it didn't have a book with it. I've managed to make mush with it and that's all. :/

Cyndi, I was in Boston YEARS ago. I visited a place called Local's Seafood. I told the waiter that I had never been in Boston, and asked what I needed to eat. Several people around my table said, "Clam Chowdah and Labstah Roll!" It was the most delightful lunch -- the food and the company.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning everyone! The scale keeps heading in the right direction for me, I'm excited about that.

On the agenda today: farmer's market, dog park while gf cleans house, then relax, and maybe hit the movies tonight. Making the Moroccan Tagine for dinner tonight, looking forward to that, as well as enjoying a honeycrisp apple with sf caramel sauce at some point for a snack.

Have a great day everyone! Sorry, no time for shoutouts.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Angie, I love "dog park while gf cleans house". Now that's a great agreement! I haven't tried the Moroccan Tagine yet. I sure sounds good.

Cyndi, how long is Julie in the hospital? BillBlueEyes seems to know all the hot spots. He mentioned a great Vegan restaurant this morning.

Chelby, I'm sure the vita mix is your ticket to green smoothies. The smoothies need a little bit of water to move out of the "mush" stage. I'm sure you could get a manual online, but I'd be happy to chat with you about it. PM me.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Is this where I admit I've never opened the manual that's how I cook too - just keep adding things until it it what I want.

Chel - DD took me to Legal Seafood one year for my birthday. Soooo good

Debbie - 3-4 days best case, longer if the myasthenia acts up. I'm probably going to stay at DD's though I'd kind of rather stay at a hotel just so I have space of my own. Then 3-4 weeks at home for her, no lifting, driving, etc. My plan is to get the big front room as user friendly as possible so she isn't even tempted to do something she isn't supposed to do.

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-17-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - Here's the menu link. I'm planning on the quinoa; it gets great reviews online. We have a coupon deal

Cyndi - Yes it feels really good. In the past I was too scared to let go. This time I am not leaving any options to regain.

Chelby - Might that have been "Legal's" Seafood? I try to get there for lobster roll EVERY time I go back east. I grew up outside Boston.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #12  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning All!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! With four boys in lots of actvities I'm sorry I can't do kore personal shout outs.. But I love reading how everyone is doing. I'll catch up more later because I'm running to the next event. Hockey at 5 am... And now this... I did concur 2 social events of lunch Thursday and Friday - Thai and then Korean. Having people over for dinner tonight.. I made a 5 bean and meat chili yesterday for tonight... So today is day 12... Ok I'm going to make my son late... Have a great day... Keep up the good work!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Good morning!
Life has settled as much as it's going to settle I think, so I'm planning to dust off my netbook and get back to regular posting here and at my teacher sites.

I am wearing a fleece jacket and have a quilt over my lap as I type. Our furnace is 'dead' and the replacement hasn't arrived yet. Fergie picked our garden clean last night and it's a good thing he did, it was 31 when I got up this morning and the grass was crusty with frost. I'm sorry to see the end of our tomato plants but hopeful that the frost will take care of the nasty ragweed that's been making me miserable!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Last edited by Heidi58; 09-17-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #14  

Karen and Cyndi, It probably was Legal's Seafood. It was at least 10 years ago! Even if I don't have the name right, I remember the food and fun conversation well.

Debbie, I'll try the vitamix again. If it doesn't work, I'll let you know. Thank you!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Where did the time go?!

Afternoon all!

I am such a mess this afternoon. I went to bed at 10p (and those who know me know that's EARLY) and got up at 11a!!! To ants nonetheless.

But I made breakfast and soon DW and I are going to go out to explore the area and pick up some much needed apartment items and tomorrow it will be the final unpack and a clean-up. We're feeling like this isn't home yet so hopefully that won't be the case after this weekend.

Lexx - Feel better and get some rest!
Ruth - hope it warmed up!
Chelby - I need to find a local farmers stand too. Sounds like you scored!
Waisting - Yay for getting rid of them for good!
Cyn - no surgery allowed ON MY BIRTHDAY!! Have a good one.
SMG, Des and Heidi - have a good day!
Closed Thread