South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #16  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

I got on the scale and while its an analog scale- its lower than yesterday. I must have dropped a half pound which puts me up to 4 1/2 lbs since I started and this is only day 4!!! I LOVE THIS "diet"~!!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - a new washer is definately something to get excited about . (unless you and I are the only 'weird' ones!)

Cyndi - have another successful birding day! (okay, what does 'life bird' mean...)

Ruth - reading a book is a great way to spend the afternoon!

Chelby - I wonder if DH had that show on yet, he's been watching a lot of them lately.

Angie - I've incorporated root veggies and fruits back in, but no grains. I'm a grain-a-phobe right now! I remember the first time I did phase I, I was really quite freaky about adding stuff back in. Wait til you try some of these yummy recipes on here!

Karen - "port matilda" was where they shot a lot of it, but the route they described is definately not accurate. There are no towns of 750,000 in central PA! But it was such a kick to see things we knew. ANd view the eye candy!

I'm up waiting for the rest of the family for breakfast (they want waffles, what should I have?), then off to church. Hopefully, put another layer of paint in DD's room. And it's Sunday, so I get to check out all the sales and make my list! I need to browse thru the menu section and figure out what to make for the week...Hmm....

Amanda - WOO HOOO for you!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-11-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Amanda snuck in
Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #18  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A late morning here...my laptop is at my East window and dawn is breaking beautifully. I think the pool sounds good before church then home to my knitting project...pretty basic. Step one: coffee

Take care everyone.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, everyone!

I'm off today, and gf is working, so I have a nice peaceful day planned. Throw in the grocery store, but other than that nothing is on the agenda! I love days like that, they don't come often enough.

Twynn, thank you for the tips. Yeah, I am nervous about grains, so I think I'm going to hold off on them for awhile. I am most excited for root vegetables anyhow. And a Colorado peach will be divine. Your Tagine is on the menu for this week after P2 starts!

Amanda - WAY TO GO!! Isn't that such a great feeling??

I'm starting to think about apples, and curious if anyone has ever found a good sugar free caramel sauce? I see that Walden Farms and Torani have them, don't know who else. If not, a good honeycrisp apple so delicious just on it's own, so I'm not worried!

Scale hasn't budged, but I'm really expecting TOM and that herbalax to kick in at any moment so not really feeling like myself and attributing most to that. Hoping for a drop after those two things happen.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #20  

Chelby - I HATE when that happens!! (alarm) Hope you can get a nice nap in

Ruth - You're making me want to head to the library today...

Cyndi - What are life birds?

Cottage - Enjoy the new washing machine! Not weird, I would be very excited too!!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #21  

Hi Debbie
Old 09-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmplsgirl View Post

I'm starting to think about apples, and curious if anyone has ever found a good sugar free caramel sauce? I see that Walden Farms and Torani have them, don't know who else. If not, a good honeycrisp apple so delicious just on it's own, so I'm not worried!
Marzetti makes a pretty good sugar free caramel sauce. Also, if you can find the Milkmaid sugar free caramels, they're good for melting down, too. They are pretty difficult to find, though. Honeycrisps are my favorites! They are just starting to come in around here, and I splurged and paid $1.99 a pound for a few of them just yesterday. And I hid them away where only I know where they are.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #23  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to share that I started the SBD this past tuesday. I havent gone on the scale-but I feel good! my husband has and he has lost 5 pounds - and he CHEATS all the time! If i did I would be cursed for 7 days i'm sure...
the bigger news is .... I SURVIVED OCTOBERFEST last night... i didnt drink beer (my husband did) and I didnt drink wine... I had diet pepsi and water! and to eat... I had sauerkraut and hotdogs with mustard... no potatoes..no breaded pork... so pretzels and pound cake... and you know what... I had no desire for them either-- no temptation nothing... I came home and had a healthy choice sugar free fudge pop!

Today is a new day... a new week... and for a lot of us a time to remember where we were 10 years ago. we all have stories.
I was in Germany.. I had just moved there and my husband had been working at the pentagon. we lived at meade where one of the hi-jackers ran around our golf course on post everyday... in my mind.. i know I saw him daily while I would drive through the NSA parking lot to take my son to preschool. Before we moved to Germany... looking back I know they knew something was going to happen. About a month before I moved from Ft. meade all of a sudden fences were being put up.. roads being blocked off.. all of a sudden I had to show id and random stops thru the NSA. We werent suppose to move until the next year...but as usual my husband came home one day in April and said guess what - were moving to germany... like in the next few months. We had only lived at meade for 10 months. I moved to Germany the begining of Sept- labor day weekend.. Sept 11- I had just gotten my van (delivered from the states) I was driving home (to the hotel) from the PX-- I kept hearing NYC -- World Trade Center... some thing something .. in German. I called my husband who had a position and was in a meeting with the high staff-commanders.. he said dont worry-- its only a small plane.. I get to the hotel with my 3 children at the time and turn on the tv... at that moment.. within 5 mintutes I see the 2nd plane hit-- unreal... my oldest at the time was 5 years old.. he and my other son are taking this all in... Im trying to contact my husband and he is in a meeting... next we see the Pentagon get hit... My sons are crying-- that is where daddy worked..we were just there 2 weeks before. Infact many people from his office- we later found out - where in the corridor that got hit- they had just moved into their new offices.. many were lucky because they were across the hall watching everything unfold on tv and not in there office... but many that day were not. My husband called me - go to the shopette-- get bread - milk - all the basics... go to the ATM and get 500 dollars cash out ... I dont know when I will be able to get home. My son 5 asking why this is happening,,,me saying there are bad people out there and this is why daddy is in the army ... his response... im going to be in the army like daddy one day... next minute-- i dont want to be in the army mommy... i dont want to die-- yep- I turned off the tv -- a friend of mine (we had met a Ft. Meade...swim lessons for kids) who was also and the hotel in Heidelberg with me - her brothers worked in NYC one as a police officer the other a fireman. Both survived... but it was the longest 2 days of her life --- We ended up being locked down for a few months in the hotel.. because no deliveries etc.. of house hold goods... all the bases were under such tight security.. For the last ten years life as a military spouse has been interesting to say the least...7 moves- 3 continents- in the last 10 years..(we have had many more moves but that has been out last 10 years worth) and my oldest is probably the last person to join any service-- but thats ok-- because in my mind with the deployments and events that they have had to go to with out their dad or dealing with me stressing out.. new schools new homes... new everything... i think they've served! So with this day at hand- I pray for peace- I pray for the safe return of all our soldiers, sailors, marines, department of defense employees and civilians. I hope we never have to endure another day like Sept.11~ peace out
Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #24  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Desiroo: I wish there were a 'like' button on 3FC. Thank you and your family for serving and sacrificing for our country.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Marzetti makes a pretty good sugar free caramel sauce. Also, if you can find the Milkmaid sugar free caramels, they're good for melting down, too. They are pretty difficult to find, though. Honeycrisps are my favorites! They are just starting to come in around here, and I splurged and paid $1.99 a pound for a few of them just yesterday. And I hid them away where only I know where they are.
Was at the grocery store today, they didn't have Marzetti sf, at least not yet. What I got for now is the Smuckers Sugar Free Caramel Topping...Assuming it is OP, sweetened with Splenda. Will try it on Wednesday with an apple. It has 90 calories in 2 Tbsp. So, I'm assuming that means if I have that it is my sweet treat for the day, correct??

I'm proud because Honeycrisps were created by my alma mater, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities!

Last edited by southmplsgirl; 09-11-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #26  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

life birds are birds we have never seen/identified on our own. Some (really geeky) birders keep life lists - that's a list of all the birds seen and ID'ed.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
life birds are birds we have never seen/identified on our own. Some (really geeky) birders keep life lists - that's a list of all the birds seen and ID'ed.
Ahhhh, that's kinda what I was thinking. A "bucket list" for birders!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #28  

I wasn't even close to guessing that. How interesting!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #29  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!!!

Back from the cruise. Fabulous time. Did ok eating wise but not totally OP. Tracked everything, even the bad until the last day. I had a few too many drinks

We'll see what the scale says. I am hoping between all the exercise and salads, I did ok. I think I may have gained 2-3 though. Detoxing with Ph1 for a few days on Tues. But so far, even with a taste of this or that (and that's all I did was TASTE a bite of off plan items, which is a huge accomplishment in and of itself), no cravings and was back on Ph2 today!

Hope all are well...flying back tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Oh we definitely have a bucket list too - painted buntings, tropicbirds, and on and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Ahhhh, that's kinda what I was thinking. A "bucket list" for birders!
Closed Thread