South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #16  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Debbie - safe travels. Hope there's some quiet space in the trip. Did you and Karen get to meet?

Cottage - If you are out of things there I've always got more here. No point wasting all that expertise
Maybe you will get a break in the rain.

So the kitties always need one weekend morning to be up at a ridiculous hour and run around like idiots. Today was the day. Now I get to head over the mtns for a work morning. It's that time - 11 more regular work days and probably one more weekend day I'm already planning my underemployment days. There will be lots of dehydrating, cleaning and decluttering. I might start with a massage though

Happy Sunday
Old 08-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Cyndi! What do have for processing? I'm waiting for more tomatoes to ripen, and in a few days I'll have more peppers. I usually freeze the peppers, but I may try drying some for a change. It sounds like you're in a good place about leaving your job, and I know that with that attitude, it's the right choice.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #18  
Working on healthy

I can always get more produce at my favorite little local stand I've been going there for years. The couple that owns it has toddler now and set up a whole play area for him behind the stand. It really adds the local flavor to it Their peppers are so plentiful they are down to $1/lb so I'm drying as many as I can. We always run out in March. I haven't even started the squash or eggplant yet As for the freezer I just put the last of the blueberries in (I can get more but there's no more room in my little chest freezer!) and want to switch to peaches, plums and cantaloupe. This time of year I could use a full size freezer, two dehydrators and about 12 more hours a day

Switching from FT to consultant is the right choice in so many ways. Even without the added pressure of medical stuff it's just too many hours and too much pressure. I'm confident I can put together enough work from different places to do what I need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Morning, Cyndi! What do have for processing? I'm waiting for more tomatoes to ripen, and in a few days I'll have more peppers. I usually freeze the peppers, but I may try drying some for a change. It sounds like you're in a good place about leaving your job, and I know that with that attitude, it's the right choice.

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-14-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: maintaining

Okie - Good for you! Rather than luck I'll wish you willpower and determination

Debbie - Yep... tomorrow. Sigh. I hope I can be as sane! Have a safe, zen drive.

Cyndi - I haven't gone past Debbie yet and now it looks like we'll be taking a different route

We leave for CA tomorrow morning so not sure if I'll make it here then or at all during the week. I'll try to pop in though. Teen is still not packed and I suspect it will be a rough day here. Of course, I need to pack for myself for 6 days too, and I always hate packing. Something possessed DH to iron lots of our son's clothes yesterday. Maybe it made him feel paternal, like he was doing something towards the send-off. My older son is getting a laugh out of everything going on, probably feeling quite mature and forgetting he got a lot of help from his parents 3 years ago.

I'm looking forward to the day on campus, believe it or not. Then I just want to be back home again and get back to routine.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've been up a while and am pretty sure I posted already but

It's raining, darn it! That means the lunch after the Anniversary service will be in the tent rather than on the lovely lawn at the Church. I'm glad we got the tent though.

I now live in a "kennel" with four dogs and just love it! The howling didn't happen during the night and all is calm this morning. The two youngest are doing lots of play wrestling while the dowagers, Bailey and Disney observe. Little Jazz tackles Casey and chases him a round the diningroom table - Casey outweighs him by at least 35 pounds but nobody gets hurt. I wish people got along as well as this pack.

After the service and lunch today, I'll tackle a financial report and make a batch of salsa with tomatoes and coriander from the garden. This week I'm hoping to strike a balance between domestic and community activities. I also intend lots of deck relaxation time and have a stack of books all ready.

Did I mention I'm enjoying my dog pack?

Wishing you a Sunday with "sunshine" and smiles.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning all! Not much on plan today but chores but I had a wonderful day yesterday at a spin-in (making yarn on spinning wheels). It was at a preserved farm in Newburyport MA, gorgeous day and lots of fun.

Ruth I love my five pack too )) Got good news yesterday, they did a biopsy on one of my cocker's glands and she doesn't have cancer. Crazy as we are, we are adding a quaker parrot to our menagerie. She will be ready to go in another month, we go and visit her at the pet store.

Karen, safe travels to you. Senior year and going off to college are such emotional events. We've done it twice and don't look forward to our youngest and only girl going off in three years. On the bright side, a lot less laundry

Cyndi, glad to hear you are going into Boston for an opinion. We unfortunately are all to familiar with that drive, we lost our oldest child to cancer when he was 8. Great docs there.

Cottage, glad to hear you've had a great garden this year, ours was a flop after the woodchuck wiped us out

Take care everyone.

Nancy
Old 08-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #22  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

How do you all do it waking up so early? I can't stand it! And you are all happy!!!??? It baffles me.

I think I need some coffee and to come back with a slightly better attitude
Old 08-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
How do you all do it waking up so early? I can't stand it! And you are all happy!!!??? It baffles me.

I think I need some coffee and to come back with a slightly better attitude
I am not a morning person, that's why I work evening shift (and the nice shift differential in my paycheck...) But up at 8am on a SUNDAY! I do have practice this morning at 10 so I figured I'd stay up and check in here. Hope everyone has a great day and see you on Moan-day!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Between Ruth and her doggage, and Jenn with her morning blues, y'all have me laughing this morning!

I've been up for a couple of hours, waiting (waiting, waiting) in a quiet dark hotel room for the rest of the family to wake up. They finally are!! I'm hoping we go antiquing today, but who knows what the day will bring!

Have a great one!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I waved hello from Santa Fe this morning....see it didn't post. oh well. Getting ready to leave 1st floor guests are grumpy except for me...trying to remain calm. I prepared my yoga meditation for tomorrow and managed to print it...that will help. It was on present moment...helping this morning. Take care all.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #26  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies! I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

Make it a sunday fun-day!

I will be doing the usual cleaning around the house since I was gone last week it will be a bit tougher than normal... catchin up on laundry, the works...!

I also want to meal plan for the week so I can get that done on Tuesday first thing. I now dread mondays like the rest of the world since my schedule changed... its not so bad but I still wouldn't mind winning the lottery and not have to work all together- except maybe when I felt like it!

anywho- have a great day y'all!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #27  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanjmc View Post
Not much on plan today but chores but I had a wonderful day yesterday at a spin-in (making yarn on spinning wheels). It was at a preserved farm in Newburyport MA, gorgeous day and lots of fun.
I just had to highlight this because Newburyport is my favorite place in the universe (well, Plum Island is but love the food in Newburyport). A spin-in sounds fun
Old 08-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #28  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I really hate mornings, so sorry for the crab. DW was snoring and dreaming up a storm so it was not even a good few hours of sleep. When she went to get burgers and fries, I stayed home and napped. I woke up to that delicious fast food smell though but was able to make lunch and not eat the crap.

It's getting easier and easier...
Closed Thread