South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Tuesday, August 9 (Twosday!)

Good morning. It's fairly cool outside this morning at 57ºF and I'm hoping we get the predicted rain. Just in case we don't, I have just come in from starting the sprinkler on the front bed. It's always nice to cross one thing off the To Do List this early in the morning.

Things are pretty calm around here this week. I'm glad I canceled several things this month so I can enjoy the rest of the summer. I've actually been sitting on my front porch reading for a while every day. The dogs are a bit puzzled but very glad to climb up beside me on the couch.

Today I am going to have coffee at the diner with Donna who is struggling a bit after Ted's death and funeral. Today is his birthday so it will be a hard day. After that, the day is all mine.

How does your Tuesday look? We have Moanday, Hump Day and TGIF. We need to think of a name for Tuesday.

Whatever we call it, enjoy!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and Cottage and late arrivers We all do seem a little slower in the summer. I know I get distracted more easily by bird sounds and other yard happenings.

Today I'm back on the road and traveling into the mountains at the northern edge of my turf. I was pleased to discover a pizza place that had great salads and WiFi last time I was up there and it's a beautiful drive. 15 regular work days left and probably one or two weekend days then I'm done with the full time part of the job. Not that I'm counting or anything

Not sure what we should call Tuesday or Thursday but they deserve their own nicknames. Hmmm I need more coffee first
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I'm enjoying my coffee out here on the patio where it's somewhat cool and there's a bit of a breeze. It's supposed to be another hot, humid day with T-storms expected later this afternoon. I want to get all carrots dug out of the garden before they grow much bigger, and blanche and freeze them this morning. I should harvest the rest of the beets, too, but they may have to wait until tomorrow.

Ruth, You have such a big heart and I'm glad you're able to be there for Donna, especially on this day. She's really fortunate to have you.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies...

Ruth - so sweet of you to help out Donna, she has my sympathies. Glad you are carving out some time for yourself.

Cyndi - enjoy the countdown...it'll be here before you know it!

Cottage - you sound more ambitious than me, good luck!

We just got home last night from moving all of our stuff out of the old house in NC. We keep getting nervous something will spook the buyers into not buying...like the stock market crashing! They're supposed to be signing tomorrow, we'll hold our breath until then!

Have a great day!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a beautiful morning here and sounds like it is for everyone else as well, loving it.

Ruth- that is so nice of you to be there for Donna, the world needs more friends like you.

Cottage- enjoy your porch time

Cyndi- the pizza place sounds great, but I think I would be very tempted by the pizza

Twynn- fingers crossed for the signing tomorrow.

Tonight is Awana and that is about it, this past weekend I read two books, I was so excited to finally have time to read lol.

Okay back to work for me it is. Have a great day everyone
Old 08-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! I feel as though I have been missing rather a lot lately. This summer, I am spending every minute I can with my kids, and although I do manage to get n and read every two days or so, I d not always post. Additionally, I have been eating WAY too many grain and other unmentionables, so it is better for everyone if I stay FAR away from the daily menu page until I stop the insanity!

Friday I had breakthrough with the training - jogged 9 miles and felt good! Saturday was a great day of Ultimate with DH and three kids I coached for the last 3/4 years - it is great to play with them for a change! After the games, my best friend and her DW and their 3 kids came over for swimming, playing, mexican food, and of course - ICE CREAM! Totally worth it.

Sunday was a short run - 4 miles - and then shopping and a team party here at the pool from the games the day before, so 7 pr 8 people here for dinner. Grilled burgers and dogs, AND I actually ate the bun, not to discuss the dessert AGAIN. By yesterday I truly had a food hangover - can't remember the last time I felt like that!!

So yesterday, I packed my girls up and drove off to Brigantine (just north of Atlantic City) for the day to meet friends. It was an awesome day of sun, sand, and surf - LOTS of surf! We got there about 11 am, and got home about 11 pm. PACKED day with perfect weather, and a good time was indeed had by all.

Today? Gonna see what happens if I try to get back to eating OP - REALLY - with NO goldfish crackers, NO cookies, and NO ice cream. Another Ultimate game tonight, so I am considering a short jog this am to loosen things up after fighting the waves yesterday.

RUTH - bless you for caring for others. You are awesome.

CYNDI - I am so happy for you and the upcoming job change - it sounds WONDERFUL!

LINDA - glad to hear the weather update - I hope the storms hold off for my game tonight!

TWYNN - I will do my happy and say a little protection prayer for you!

ROSE snuck in - GOOD MORNING!!!

Be VERY well -

Last edited by ultimatebea; 08-09-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A flyby check in this morning...I slept 11 hours last night...thank goodness as we leave tomorrow morning for Santa Fe. We have lots to do today, including dropping off Bing and Sophie. Bing is used to staying with his Heeling Partner friends, but Sophie will go (for the first time) to a friend who lost her old kitty over a year ago and hasn't gotten another since they're gone so much.

My yoga class went well yesterday. I'll work on my next class while we're gone this week.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I hate it that you all are such early risers!!! makes individuals such a pain Though I do get a full rainbow out of it!

Ruth - it's nice that you are such a good friend! I am sure it means the world to Donna.

Cyndi - come to visit ME with all your new found time!

Cottage - Enjoy the cool! It's a scorcher already here.

Twynn - Wishing you good luck!

Pearl - Have a great day!

Bea - I love, LOVE the beach. I miss the shores of Jersey in that regard.

Debbie
- Yay for yoga. I just can't get into it.

As for me, the landlord's realtor is going by the house today to take pics for the listing. It seems sooo invasive to me to have our stuff up on a website, you know? So we sabotaged it a bit and put boxes and books in every room!! The realtor is really not a nice person either and didn't know I was home yesterday and tried to sneak in. Tsk Tsk.

I am back at work today and prepping to send the kids (interns) away in style with cupcakes (on Thursday). I asked them to send along 2 SF/GF ones in case I cave. If not, I will bring them home for DW. My thesis was on getting the youngins MORE involved in the political/advocacy process so I started an internship program at my work. So far, so good!!

Ok, off to eat my breaky. Oh and on the topic of what to call Tuesday and Thursday, I will play and say:

Twosday (as in two days in) and Thirstday (as in, it's almost the weekend).

Last edited by jenne1017; 08-09-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #9  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hi all! Have I told you yet how much I am loving these Green Monsters? I must have one daily now! And the scale appreciates the smoothies too!!

I had to take my Dad to the hospital yesterday for a very scary procedure, to drain a cyst in his pancreas. He got very sick 1.5 years ago and it has been a battle ever since. I got very stressed during that time and put on 15 lbs. He has been doing well over the last 6 months and we were shocked that the cyst grew and needed immediate attention. He did great, I stayed OP at the hospital and he will be coming home today, only being kept overnight for observation. Fingers crossed this is the start to the road to recovery.

I went off plan a bit this weekend, but handled it well and the scale keep going down, so I like where I am at right now.
Enjoy your Tuesday! 4 work days for me and then I will be on vacation to spend time with my kids before they go back to school.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #10  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! I'm happy to report I did not go back to bed after turning off my alarm. I twisted my ankle over the weekend so instead of working out this morning I did some extra housework. I'm right there with Ruth: it feels so good to be productive early in the morning! Did my weigh in and I didn't lose but I didn't gain either. Now that I'm back in the house I'm cooking some great healthy food. Gotta keep on keeping on.
Happy Tuesday all!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good afternoon, all! I'm letting my lunch settle a bit longer before I get on the treadmill. Then off to run errands this afternoon. Almost out of fruit; I'm addicted to berries right now. I gave my teen a long list of stuff to work on this week to get ready to go so I didn't need to nag him. He lost the list already He's off washing the car now, which is one thing he remembered he had to do. DH now thinks he might want to take a different route home from CA so I need to spend some time researching that. (I'll keep you posted, Debbie.) Okay... time to stop procrastinating and start exercising. Have a great day.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all...

Guess What??

I GOT AN "A" ON MY THESIS

Old 08-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good work, Jenne. Be very proud of yourself! I know what a long hard haul it is. However, it's like childbirth: the memory fades in time!

Hey! It's finally raining in Delta and my sprinklers are still going full blast.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #14  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Jenn - That is awesome news!!! Congrats to you!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jenn
(and Imma too!)
Closed Thread