South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday August 8

Good morning from Delta, the centre of the Universe.

Would someone please tell the weatherperson to stop being a tease and let us have some rain? My garden is just like concrete and I can't even pull the weeds. Today may be the day I put out the soaker hoses.

I have odds and sods of things to do today, nothing exciting unless you like buying new guts for a toilet tank. Of course, I have to do a bank run and spend some time at the Mill but it looks like a pretty free day. I'm sure that will change.

What's happening on your Monday?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
Back from a great spa weekend with my girlfriends. Time to buckle back down to real life though. The summer is winding down and even though our beach vacation is yet to come, I have to start thinking about the fall. That's ok though - I'm not sad about the transition. This has been a difficult summer for me.

I'm doing a vegetable juice fast today - I just feel like my system was overwhelmed this weekend with food and drink. I didn't necessarily eat a lot, but I'm pretty bloated anyway as we head towards TOM. My stress level did a number on my hormones this month. That's my next project - learning to meditate.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day today...
Old 08-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Glad I'm not the only one starting slowly this morning. Apparently turning 50 was hazardous! I seem to have "put my back out" this weekend, I think it was pushing the mower when it wouldn't start. That thing is heavy! I'm not too bad but am not going to sit in the car for 7 hours so WFH and might use a muscle relaxer which = nap. Should be back to "normal" tomorrow.

Ruth - We finally had a perfect garden rain this weekend - steady and overnight. I'm sure the garden is happier but the mosquitoes are disappointed (how do they all know when I get the hose out?!)

Matilda - When is your beach vacation and what beach? We used to vacation the week before Labor Day and it was always fun to have that ahead of buckling down.

Looks like a calm week around here with a Sunday morning work event for me. I'm counting down seriously now - 2 more weeks of normal work, then one week of transition and three days of data clean-up. Next week the director will be back and we will negotiate my contract. In the meantime I've got a few jobs to apply for and need to get my Vermont health insurance paperwork in. I'm actually looking forward to a few weeks, maybe even a month, of just working 15 or 20 hours a week. I really need to refocus back on my life and the things that are important around here. The last year I've let so many things go (it's obvious in my monthly exercise challenge numbers. I'm just not taking care of myself the way I should).

Last night my neighbor managed to "lose" a 5-6 week old kitten she just brought home. I was really angry at her carelessness (really, who brings home a new baby animal and within a couple of hours allows it to wander outside) but DW and I spent an hour helping her find it. I bundled up and walked through the brambles, definitely not what I planned for my evening! Eventually the little guy did end up back in the house. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have made it through the night in our yard. Too many predators around here.

Happy Monday. Hope your week is just the right pace.

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-08-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth and Matilda!

Delta certainly does seem like the center of the Universe with so much going on for such a tiny village. I could very easily get used to living there, although I'd still need my city fix once a week or so.

I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend at the spa, Matilda. That's one of things I have yet to cross off on my Twenty Wishes list.

Well, I went to make my Green Monster yesterday, and my blender burned out. So we researched several different brands and compared prices, and went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and ended up with Vitamix!!! Did you know you can negotiate with the salespeople there? With the 20% off coupon and some discussion, we got almost $150 off. But I did have to forfeit my trip to Cape May that we planned for later in the week. And I told Jake to consider it my early birthday present, too. Woohoo! So I'm looking forward to watching the video and playing around with it this morning.

I'd better go for now, Jake is looking at me with That Look and expecting breakfast since I'm home. TTYL!

ETA-
Quickie Good Morning, Cyndi!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-08-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - The game was fun, not that I watched much. But I did eat way too much crap. Turns out I misunderstood and the tickets were for the section that includes food.

Ruth - Enjoy your almost free day.

Matilda - I had a meditation goal around the time I had surgery and couldn't workout. I am no good at it! Can't quiet my mind. Thanks for reminding me that I should really try again.

Cyndi - Ouch!

Linda - I had no idea! I've heard you can negotiate on "anything" but never thought to try there. We have spent tons on college dorm shopping lately. Good for you!

We leave for CA one week from today! I will be cracking the maternal whip this week, a bit each day, to get my son ready. Shopping is mostly done. Yesterday we brought his suit in to be lengthened. Lots of little things still to do.

Off to they gym with my mom. Won't workout at all on our long road trip next week

I ate horribly Friday night through Saturday night, worst in months, but am back on track.

Happy Monday, all.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Life is returning to normal here. Both mom and DH got alot of rest yesterday which seemed to improve everyones' mood. Today I'm teaching my first water yoga class. It will go fine. Then we need to get into gear for our Santa Fe trip...leaving Wednesday morning.

Ruth, yep, it sounds like soaker hose time. I hope your day doesn't get too busy.

Cyndi, ouch for tweaky backs. Hopefully it will improve very quickly...just keep remembering you're on the countdown.

Linda, yay for VitaMix! I didn't realize BB&B sold them. Great that you could negotiate, too. I never buy anything there without a coupon, either.

Matilda, glad you had a great weekend. A veggie juice fast sounds great. I hope your stress level stays low!

everyone yet to come! I'm going to shut the computer down and focus on my morning task.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - I know you will be great! Can't wait to hear about it
Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, just wanted to say Hello.

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend, here's to a great week.

I am back at work getting adjusted to my new office with no title.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Karen! Missed you crossposting! Glad you're back on track! This will probably be a very long week for you....take care!

Pearlrose, thx for checking in...perhaps no title is better??
Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Cyndi, I got so nervous when I read your kitten story! Glad you found the little guy. My kitties are my babies and I hate the thought of letting outside for fear of what might get at them! My youngest "baby" just turned 7 yesterday!
cottage, $150 OFF? I'm scared to see how much those things cost! I get coffee in the mail through Gevalia and just got an offer that if I sign up for their seasonal coffees I get a free blender. I might do this as the coffee flavors sound delicious- raspberry danish, german chocolate cake, pecan torte, and pumpkin spice!
And good morning to everyone else! IIt was a very busy weekend to end my week of vacation from work. I feel like I ate and drank a lot off plan the past couple of days and may plan a three day P1 detox. Maybe even start it off with something like a juice fast... Roller derby is really helping amp up my exercise but I don't want to feel as though it's a free ticket to eat pizza and ice cream...
I'm up "early" today as I am job shadowing a registered dietitian before work today. Big career change in the works for me and I want to follow some people around before I spend all that time and money to make sure this is what I want to do.
Off to get ready for what is going to be a very long Monday... hope everyone's is a good one!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all - feeling a bit under the weather here.

Ruth, we got some much needed rain yesterday and Cyn, glad to hear that the kitten was found.

to everyone this morning. Gotta jet, bathroom calls
Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #12  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!

I was out of my apartment for a few days due to termite tenting, and now all my food is still in double nylon bags! I went a little crazy at the grocery store last night and came home with fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Plums, nectarines, pears, kiwi, and 2lbs of blueberries. I ate a lot of processed foods while being out of the house, so not I'm not afraid to go on a fresh kick for a bit.

Matilda - I'd love to hear more about your fast. I've been researching various different fasts but haven't tried one yet.

Cyndi - Yikes about the kitty. That was very nice and neighborly of you to help. Hopefully your neighbor feels shamed into taking better care of the poor thing.

Debbie - Water yoga! That sounds so exotic and relaxing and fun! I must google to find out more...

Everyone - Have a fabulous Monday!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was doing!!

We are 6 days away from our due date and are starting to get antsy for our little girl's arrival. I'm still working, but am planning on Friday being my last day before mat leave if she hasn't come by then. Once she's here, I'll be back in action and working on staying SB-compliant while breastfeeding. I'll be meeting with a dietician throughout the first few months to make sure baby is getting the nutrition she needs while I try to lose the baby weight (and then some).

I hope you're all doing well! Get some rest, Cyndi!! Your back will thank you tomorrow!!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

KIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!!!!!!!!! Good luck with the baby!!! Praying for you! My BFF had her daughter on June 30, and Chris' sister had her daughter last Wed. Brother's wife is due first week of September. WOOHOO! Make sure you get on here and post lots of pics for us!!!

Everyone else - Hello! Going to face temptation tonight. Dinner at Chris' family's house. Just found out this morning, so too late to make anything to take with us, and there will be salad for me to eat, but nothing else. Sigh. Also, his sister has made a blueberry struesel cheesecake. (Her cheesecakes are to DIE for!!!!!!) I have made the firm decision to be good, especially after my hypoglycemic attack on Friday. I don't need to go through anything like that ever again. Gotta get the blood sugar under control. Sigh.

Also, everyone say a prayer for me and/or send up good vibes and energy! I have an interview at a holistic spa tomorrow night, to be a part-time Reiki Practitioner. Woohoo! I'm a little nervous, since I'll be giving a Reiki treatment to a Reiki Master, and I'm still only a Level 1 (take Reiki II on the 27th!) It feels like an audition...... I'd rather sing.

Well gotta get back to work. I hope everyone's having a great day! Be blessed!

Lisa
Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Kim,

Time flies by, only a week to go, hopefully your baby girl will not be like my firstborn and be two weeks late.

Please post pictures when you can.
Closed Thread