South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chris, I turn 50 soon too and that prompted me to get the weight off for good and before I hit menopause. SBD is an awesome way of eating that I think I can maintain too. I am sure you will do great.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #17  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

evening all! Was on the road for 4 hours in TRAFFIC but got to podunk, VA safely. Eating was a challenge but I did well. We are here at the hotel now and will be getting up early to watch DW cross the finish line. Who knows, maybe I will get inspired!?!?

Have a good weekend!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 AM   #18  

Morning everyone!

It's getting a bit cooler here in the UK, not even August but in my back garden this morning it feel just a little autumnal. Plus I notice the caterpillars are going to town on my broc!

Been a bit of a challenge recently staying on the straight and narrow, but I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth! Today we're walking the kids up to the beach (about 45 mins walk with small legs) so I've got a good bit of excersize there, and taking a salad so I'm not tempted by the seaside fish'n'chips. Then this afternoon is visa research for the planned move to Florida and some Avon deliveries. Nice and gentle!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Obi x
Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Obi. Well, when you move to Florida you sure won't need to worry about an autumnal August! We're not very autumnal up here either and August promises to be as hot as July. Your walk to the sea sounds great. I would have a hard time resisting the fish and chips!

Today is Yankee invasion day and I can hardly wait! The PA/NJ folks are planning to hit the road around six which means they'll be here early afternoon. It'll be a fun and relaxing week which I really need. I seem to have been going flat out since Spring!

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday and realized dear Donna is not as thorough as she looks, alas. The whole house needs a "deep cleaning" which I must make sure happens before fall. The front porch is still a mess but that'll be a quickie that I can do after Church this morning.

So on I go with the day I've been thinking about for ages. I've not seen Linda since my Thanksgiving visit in 2009 and can hardly wait. I wish we could all be here.

Enjoy your day, whatever you do.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from back home in green Vermont. I had a nice visit with the folks and an old friend and it was great to not think about work for a week, but it's always good to be home. On a really happy note DW is actually responding some to the meds. This is the first optimistic note we've had and we are really happy. This week she has an appt. with the surgeon and the neurologist so by the weekend we will know more about the next few months.

Ruth - I know you all will have a wonderful time!

Jenn - How did the race go?

Obi

Chris - I just turned 50 this year. I started this lifestyle in 2007 because I knew I needed to do something right away. It's been great for so many reasons beyond just the weight. Cutting out simple carbs has helped keep my moods even and I've even noticed an impact on hot flashes. The more off plan foods I eat the more I have. That was a surprise! It's only 2 weeks without your sweet potatoes, they will be waiting for you

Of course I have a ton to do after being away for a week. The lawn isn't awful so I'm leaving that until Friday. too much other stuff to take care. I'm cranking up the job search too. I'm in the one month count down to the end. It will be good to have that craziness behind me but I do need to get something else lined up soon. Don't mind a few weeks off but I really should have more than my consulting set-up by the end of September.

Looks like a normal late July day on tap around here. Warm but not ridiculously hot. Of course I will grill tonight and get out for a walk or bike ride today. Hope you are still in full weekend mode wherever you are.

ETA- just weighed in post family visit and I actually whooshed in time for the end of the month. I was expecting a slight gain so am really happy!

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-31-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #21  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I finally slept last night which means I have only a 1/2 hr to get ready. We're heading to the pool before church.

Ruth & Linda, have fun!

Cyndi, kudos on a whoosh and great news about DW's meds!

Obi, resist F&C's!

Karen, sorry about the crown! DH has a new issue, too. I'll answer your PM sometime soon! Thx! When is your trip?

jenne, glad you had a safe trip and DW did fine!

nanjmc, aha now I know how old you are. I'm 53 1/2.

Ok, off to practice my guided meditation exercise. I have a friend who's willing to let me try it out on her at the pool this am. I have it written but the idea is to have it written on my brain within the week.

Happy Sunday!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #22  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - I was just thinking how I wish I could stop on the way thru and take your water yoga class! We leave here on the 15th and will be heading thru your way again on probably the 19th. No idea the timing though.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #23  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Sunday everyone! I was up early today reading my book instead of getting my house in order like I should have been. Before I knew it I fell back asleep and am really behind now. I like to get my house tidied up and laundry done so I can start my work week as stress free as possible.
I've been doing well with my eating, and have to plan my lunches for the coming week. Work outside of my home is the one equation I'm a little tentative about as far as staying OP. I've always worked from home helping my husband with his business. It's much easier to stick to the plan at home. At work, people tend to bring goodies in and offer them up a lot. I'm learning to politely decline.
Have a wonderful day!!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #24  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone,

Ruth and Cottage - I can just imagine the fun you two and DD and GD will have together.

Obi - a salad is a better idea than fish and chips and how about those fried mars bars, I have never had one and don't think its on my list of must haves.

Debbie - I know you will do great in the pool yoga. I too wish I was there

Cyndi - I'm sure everything will fall into place for you, the current job sounds too draining.

Karen - the 15th is so close, what a exciting time for all.

Chirs - welcome, you sound organized already

me - I have been so busy with grandson, he wants to play with me constantly but I don't mind. Right now he is spending the weekend in Montreal with mom and dad and we are getting him tomorrow and then my DD can have sometime to herself, she needs it. So we have had great news, DD and family are moving to a city about 5hrs driving time from our place and will be there a minimum of 3 years. The one they have been living at for just 3 months is a 24 hour drive and when they where out west it was 36hrs so this will feel like being next door. The company is moving them but any extra help they need will have to come from the outlaws because I am not cancelling my Sept. 1st trip to France this year. Anyways, I weighed 164 on Friday but I think its up too much celebration.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #25  
Come on Spring!

Sohie, so nice to see you back. Hmmmm....five hours driving from your place. It wouldn't be the big metropolis of Delta, would it? It will be nice to have your DD closer. Mine is in Nanaimo and that's a trip.

Chris, forgive me for not welcoming you when you arrived the other day. You'll find this one of the friendliest and most supportive places in 3FC. It's nice to see you joining in.

Well, the American Eagles have not yet landed. i was talking to them just at noon and they were nearing Watertown which is an hour and a half from me. I guess there is a big line-up at the border. If they decide to not let them into Canada, I'll dash down there with my fierce guard dogs and kidnap them. Somebody has to eat the veggie lasagna and drink the wine. The Pypers decided not to come today which is just as well. After a long drive who needs to deal with four hyper strangers and two dogs!

Linda just called and is the third car in the lineup at the border so they should be here in about 40 minutes. I'll try to think of something useful to do while I wait. Maybe uncork wine? JUST KIDDING!

Reading back, I realize my memory is shot. Linda and I spent a week on Cape Breton just last September. Duh!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #26  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

No Ruth, I think they would be right at home in Delta. Small towns suit them fine. They were in Sioux Lookout and now it will be Sudbury. Again, have a great time.
By the way, that drive from Watertown to Kingston is so boring.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #27  
Come on Spring!

Sophie, they don't need to go to Kingston, just half an hour north of the Bridge and they'll be here. Hmmmm - that was a while ago. They should be here very shortly.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #28  

Height: 5'8"

Ruth and Cottage, I hope you have a wonderful time together!! Visiting with old friends is so special. It's 3:41 and I'm EXHAUSTED. I went to two church services this morning in two different neighborhoods (my own church and the new church where my godfather is preaching), then walked home (about 45 mins.) in the sun and heat, then got in the car and went to lunch and Coney Island for a couple of rides and some sun. We ate at Brennan and Carr (I ditched the bun, but did have a couple of fries) and it was good, but I really like me some Rollin' Roaster. Anyway, I've been completely off plan this whole weekend since Friday at 5 (sigh), but will get back on track tomorrow. Hope everyone has had a great weekend and is looking forward to a great week.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #29  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hi all! I have been lurking again, which is good, but better to be posting! I have still been gaining and losing the same 20lbs over and over and I have had enough. I have finally found the way I want to eat for the rest of my life. and it is 90% sbd compliant So, I will pretend to chuck that other 10% for a bit and get back on track posting here! My online blog buddy hasn't been posting much and I need some extra support... and I already know how awesome you guys are! ;0)

Ruth and Cottage- I am sure you guys are having a blast right now probably eating some delish veggie lasagna! and drinking yummy wine! Enjoy your time together!

I am sure I will be catching up with the rest of you soon in the daily threads! For now its off to finish some much needed housework so I can do the fun grocery shopping this evening!

(FWIW, if anyone is curious-the 10% is I am planning to eat more fruits, potatoes, and no added oils,no meat, no dairy or eggs... so I will just be doing a modified version and post that in the places I am posting my foods )

Last edited by rdw1; 07-31-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #30  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

DW did it! You can see her tri pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...fce70fa&type=1

I am soooo excited for her. I am wondering if one day...but not anytime soon.

I did my best with eating and was successful. Drank lots of water and even got some exercise in!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Here's to August!
Closed Thread