South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/138/115

Height: 5'2

Default For days when you are having a hard time getting all your veggies in...

I thought I would post this recipe up just in case anyone was interested. My grandmother lived on farm, and she cooked a lot of southern fried food, lol. She called this "wilted salad" and we loved it, even though it is sooo bad for you the way she made it. I modified it to be SB phase 1 friendly and it worked out great. You can get your full days worth of veggies in easy with this meal

You will need a large mixing bowl to make this. Its gonna look like you are making a large bowl of salad to feed a family, but it is going to condense waaaaaaay down to a single serving bowl, so dont let it scare you, lol.

Measure out 5 cups of green salad into your mixing bowl, really compact it so you know you are getting the full amount. You dont want iceberg for this. I buy the large boxes of Spring Mix salad from Wal-mart which has a large variety of baby lettuces, baby greens, endive, and radicchio in it and it works great.

Drizzle 1 TBS EVOO over the greens and toss a little to coat. Set aside.

Next I microwave 1 slice of turkey bacon for 2 minutes so that it is crispy. Crumble it into the salad. Put the big bowl in the microwave and cook for 1 minute. Take it out and stir it, then put in back in and cook for another minute or two.

It will be all condensed down now so it will fit in a little serving bowl. Season if you wish, I usually add a little smidge of salt, pepper, and garlic. It wont look like a lot of food, but it is VERY filling

Last edited by funnygirl76; 07-21-2011 at 07:09 PM.
funnygirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Sounds good Brandy! Thanks for sharing!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, I love wilted salad and this sounds delicious. I do think we are supposed to have a variety of veggies, not just lettuce, throughout the day, but this could certainly be a meal...
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote