South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, July 11

Good morning and welcome to Monday! It sure was a summer weekend with high heat and sunshine blazing all day. More of the same today.

Today is the start of a really busy week so I may not be around much. I have stuff to do at the Mill and at the bank this morning and have a 1 PM appointment with Audiology in Kingston. My hearing is finally shutting down and I will probably be getting a hearing aid. I can hear just fine one on one but have problems in meetings and other large groups.

When I finally get back from that, I have a 4:30 Mill Board meeting to discuss finances. I've done a revenue/expense profile to the end of September and think we'll be OK. I really don't feel like arguing the point and am expecting them to be convinced. This treasurer position sure is a lot more work than advertised when I signed on.

Enough whining! I'm going to grab as many little bits of "me" time as I can, starting right now with some coffee on the deck. Summer is way too short and I intend to enjoy it!

I hope everyone has a good start to the week.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Monday, July 11

Good morning everyone! Hope everybody had a great weekend. I did fine with my in laws, although I could not wait to get out of there yesterday. (I do love and get along with some of them, but others make me feel very uncomfortable). We left earlier than expected so got home with no traffic.

Back to work today...the first full week in at least two due to the end of school, etc. I'm back on track with focusing during the week, so I expect this week to be a good one. My husband is off today which always throws me off in the evenings, but he'll pick my son up from the bus so I can take a walk after work for exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, after hearing about all you have to do, I'm wondering if retirement is all it's cut out to be!

It's going to be another hot one here today. After getting some morning chores done at the farm, I guess the girls will want to hang out at the pool the rest of the day. One day this week, though, we'll have to go shopping for their sleep-away camp supplies and start getting them packed up. The girls will be going straight from a week at camp to a week at the lake. That means two separate sets of luggage, one for camp and one for vacation.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Sounds like a decent weekend for you, Matilda. I think I will start walking one of the dogs in the evening after supper. They both need it but two is too crazy to manage. Disney walks out front in circles and Jazz took the "heel" command literally and is right behind my heel. Retraining required.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's nice to be home. We had a nice day with family yesterday. It was so much fun getting to know the new nieces a bit. Wish they were closer. SIL and I are hatching a plan to rent a place at the Outer Banks so we can all get together for a long weekend. The girls love having more family and we all love having them in our family. It was a long day but DW held up alright. She was great about pacing herself and taking breaks when needed.

Today it's back to work. The whole week is just visits and meetings with people I like (or people I don't know yet but expect to like!). It's going to be hot so being in the car with AC will not be a bad thing. Tomorrow night I promised DW I would drive her to an Open Mic she loves. We aren't comfortable with her driving at night - between the double vision and exhaustion it seems dangerous. I'll try to make plans with a friend to hang out a couple of hours.

Time to make a plan for the day. Hope your Monday is a breeze and has a few gentle breezes.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Ruth - Maybe you should pass on the hearing aid as an excuse at your meetings?! Hope you get sometime for you this week!

MMCK - glad to hear you survived the weekend.

Cottage - enjoy the packing and the pool. When do the girls go to camp?

We had a lovely day yesterday....went to a nearby lake/dam (HUGE!) and all 4 of us tried the "zip line". I was afraid the 6 year old would be scared, but nope! She loved it!! The guys there were a great help to help me not to hurt my leg . Then we went swimming, and checked out all the corps of engineers campgrounds. What a great area (Raystown Lake), we'll have to go back!

Reading the Beck solution, I need to make my little cards. It told me to have two diets...one with a backup. Is there anything BUT south beach?!?!

Cyndi - glad you had a good weekend, and DW held up well. You're a good DW to take her to open mic tonight!

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-11-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #7  

Twynn, my family used to go to Raystown every summer! I haven't been there in a long time, though. The zipline sounds fun! I know I'd give it a try. The girls are going to camp the first week of August, and this will be Maggie's first time at a sleep-away. I think she'll be fine, though.

Cyndi, glad your family weekend was fun and Julie held up well. I'll be trying to find those gentle breezes you speak of today!

Matilda, I hope your full week of work goes smoothly and fast! I'm looking at a long week ahead, too. Enjoy your walk this afternoon, and I hope there's plenty of shade!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Hey, Linda ... three weeks from today we can sit here and visit in real life!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm up (barely) and don't have a great plan yet. We're to the point of juggling lots of "dates" and there is so much to do. We're on the countdown here, we'll leave for a week at our other house on Wednesday afternoon. To tell the truth, I'd leave today but I have to accompany mom to an eye appointment Wednesday morning. She can't drive after. I didn't wake DH this morning-he was extremely grumpy last evening. Perhaps he'll be more rested and calm this morning and we can make a list.

Ruth, grab as much time for yourself as you can this week. Yes, summer is far too short.

Matilda, yay for expecting a focused and good week. I think the "intention" sure helps.

Linda, glad you all get a pool day before starting to multi-pack.

Cyndi, take care on the road today.. Glad to hear you had such an enjoyable time that you're willing to plan for another get together.

Twynn, when we were kids we made our own zip line in the woods. My backup "diet" is calorie counting. I took the time to learn about my suggested calories for my weight/exercise level. Then I took a week and kept track of my intake. I've gotta say it did help in that it still makes me a lot more aware of "what" I'm putting in my mouth and how it affects the big picture.

everyone else. Have a great day.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Hey, Linda ... three weeks from today we can sit here and visit in real life!
I'm counting down the days, Ruthie!

Good morning, Debbie! That was wise to let Grumpy sleep so you could at least start your day on a bright note. Kirk's personality sounds a lot like Jake's. They'd make a great couple.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

It's hot here too. Another day with a heat warning. Makes me thankful for my boring elliptical in the relative coolness of my basement. I admit that I am now sort of counting calories too. I didn't need to when I have more weight to lose but it is too easy to eat too much of even the right things for me. I've got a routine (I hope) dental appointment today, but I still hate even that. And I know at some point I'm gonna need some serious work done. Sigh.

Keep cool everyone!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

I am on my last day off, it's noon and I NEED to start my thesis (that I was supposed to be doing all week but my last class assignments got in the way). I hopped up on the scale today and am down another three pounds! It won't be official until Friday, but it encourages me to get to the gym tonight to swim!

We're thinking about moving - I just made a pros and cons list of apartment living versus buying a home (we moved 3 years ago to a house we rent but lived in apartments before that). DW and I are thinking about moving and TTC this fall.

Anyone have any advice? If it's too off topic, feel free to just PM me. I'd appreciate it!

Have a good one!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Jenn - frankly, although I do lust for a backyard, I think it is so convenient to live in a coop/condo rather than a house. We live in a coop and if the boiler breaks or a pipe bursts, the management company deals with it and rarely do we have to lay anything else out over and above our monthly maintenance. I don't know the housing stock in the Washington area, but it's something to consider, especially if you may have the added joy (responsibility) of little feet.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello.

It is unbearably humid- heat index of 115, did my workout inside this morning. Zumba on the Wii- I loved it. May do some more tonight.

Have a great afternoon and evening.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon everyone!

I start work on 8/1/2011. Duties to be discussed soon. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Closed Thread