South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat, Friday July 8

Good Morning

I'm up and at 'em for my new, early morning WFH. It feels great to have a title. I've got lots on my list before the sun comes up and I can see if it's dry enough to paint. I'd much rather do it today and not clog up my weekend.

I'm headed to the laundry/coffee/recycle newly appointed cat box room. We've had an ongoing issue with Bing and the cat box, if you know what I mean. Yesterday I found a fence with a cat door and have repurposed the recycle closet with a big smile. Problem finally solved...poor pup stands on this side of the gate staring at kittys food and can't get in. Ok, off to find a new spot for the recycling. See ya'll in a bit. (I sometimes lead such an exciting life)

What's on your agenda? Stop and chat.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-08-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Debbie,
Sounds like a great solution. We used to keep our cat box in a closet, but when they would 'miss the mark' it would get all over the floor and since it was in a closet, sometimes would fester for a day. It started to really gross me out so I went back to a solution I used in my "single girl" apartment (now remember we live in NYC with limited space), which is that I put the litter box in the bathtub! That way if they miss it's easily cleaned off and since I brush out the bathtub each day before taking a shower the bath stays pretty clean too. We have a huge box with high sides so not much litter gets out but if it does I just sweep it up and put it back in the box.

Anyway, as of this morning my ticker is telling the absolute truth again so let's continue this downward trend! A small cheat planned for tonight (spinach pies) but I deserve it. Today - just work, then home and getting ready for tomorrow. Hubby went out with a friend on the spur of the moment last night and came home very "happy" - hope he won't struggle too much this am! Have a great day y'all.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:11 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Matilda! I did think about the tub...funny we have gigantic basement which would be perfect but we'd have to cut a hole in an antique door for one of those cat doors. I can't leave it cracked, either. Love my cat hate the box.lol Yay for a truthful ticker! Mine is within the 2# fluxuation which works for me. Hope your hubby is in as good of a mood this morning as he was last night. Oh, last night I ended up watching ManVSFood since the episode was in Boulder Co...well the second was in Brooklyn. Now my DH really wants to visit...I told him I have a friend there. Don't know if he was more interested in roast beef at Brennan and Bass or pizza at Spumonis. Have a great day! Do you make spinich pies?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie and Matilda! I love cats and dogs, but after listening to some of your problems, I'm glad we don't have a pet. I enjoy Cindy's 4 dogs and get my share of cuddling and playing with them all day. Although, I do sometimes wish I had a furbaby who would curl up on my lap while I'm enjoying my morning coffee or reading a book.

I got stung by a bee yesterday while cleaning the pool, and my hand is still pretty swelled up. It doesn't hurt, but it sure feels weird. I'm just thankful it was me that got stung, rather than one of the kids.
I have to work until noon today, and I think we'll just hang out at the farm and bake cookies. I have to make cut-out sugar cookies for Carley's 1/2 birthday party tomorrow, and the girls volunteered to help. Plus, they get all the extras.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-08-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Debbie and Matilda plus whomever sneaks in while I babble. I am finally managing to get back to sleep after my 3 a.m. potty trip thanks to an OTC sleep-aid.

I am sooo glad it's Friday because I'm in the midst of a Mill account audit and the darned accountant keeps pestering me with questions about things that happened before I took over the books. He goes to his cottage on the weekends so I'll have a bit of a break from the phone and emails!

We have a Fish Fry fundraiser at the Mill tonight but it's completely catered except for desserts which volunteers are doing. All I have to do is get the float and be there to take money. The fish is deep fried so will be easy to resist.

Not much happening this weekend which feels good. There is the Church picnic on Sunday and I need to make a macaroni salad for 50 people. I hate macaroni salad which around here is mainly pasta plus Miracle Whip. I made one once my way with rotini, tuna, black olives and roasted peppers and it was completely ignored on the buffet table. There will also be potato salad and hot dogs. I am taking my own lunch!

Time to get into the garden clothes and bung in a few more plants. Then it'll be a bank trip to get change for the float for tonight. I'm still working on yesterday's list!

All I can say is TGIF!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Debbie,
We haven't been to Brennan and Carr yet, but there's another roast beef place nearby (rollin roaster) which is super famous...Spumoni Gardens is the BEST for pizza and they have a sit down restaurant too. Brooklyn really has some excellent food. For my spinach pies, I buy Trader Joe's - not too terrible calorie wise.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my "day off" around here but it's packed already! We are heading to NY tomorrow for a family party so all my weekend chores have to be done today. With DW dealing with her stuff pretty much all house chores have been mine. On my To Do list in a couple of weeks - recreate a house chore list! Today I have to mow, do laundry, vacuum, hit the garden and I'm meeting friends for lunch because it is my day off.

We finally got the diagnosis confirmation for DW and she started meds last night. We were both happy the dr. decided to hold off on the prednisone. It has the potential to speed the other meds but it also has lots of nasty side effects including blood sugar issues. If we can avoid making things worse that's a plus. She has a CT scan scheduled soon. The last piece of this is that some people end up needing their thymus removed. The scan will answer that question. Beyond that we wait to see if the meds help and if any more symptoms develop. Apparently within three years it will get as bad as it is ever likely to get. It's good to have answers and a plan anyway.

I've been on plan all but one item through all this so I'm pretty happy and the scale is smiling at me. Times like this the carbs really call me but I know I'll manage it all better without all that crap in my system. Thank goodness for South Beach. 3 years maintaining, almost 4 years on plan and it's still the smarted thing I've ever done for me!

Happy Friday friends!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Lexiss - poor bing, how is he going to get his tootsie rolls! I would use a baby gate, put maybe 8" off the floor...the cats could go under (or over) and the doggie couldn't. A funny story....my former dog ate chocolate (baking squares) once while in mom's care...so I made her vomit. There was this huge tubular thing covered in "chocolate sauce" probably the size of a short cake roll. As a vet, I HAD to figure out what it was, so I put on gloves....it was clumping kitty litter. EWWWWW!!!! LOL...

MMCK - YAY for an honest ticker! And very creative on the bathtub!

Cottage - Did you take some benadryl or something for your hand? Hope the swelling goes down today! Sounds like you have the best of both worlds with pets.

Ruth - yeah, macaroni is not very tempting to me (nor is fried fish). But I bet I'd eat your salads! Glad he's going on vacation so you can get one too!

Me - eating pretty well this week, now I just have to keep it up over the weekend. I just started reading Beck solution finally, and that's an interesting point of view, and how we can be destructive towards ourselves.

I did try "massaged Kale" yesterday, MUCH better than regular!

I volunteered to work all day instead of half (for extra vacation hours!) since we had someone quit 24 hours before they were supposed to start their new job at our local emergency clinic. Nice, eh? The boss did the overnighter last night (and slept poorly the night before) so she was very grateful for a break. Since I was diagnosed with ITBS, sprained ankle, and a hamstring pull yesterday at the sports med doc, I won't be running anytime soon, which is what I do on my mornings off. Darned it.

Wow, I'm quite babbling today. Probably need to go massage my kale !

Cyndi - glad you're getting some answers for DW (I think I need to go read some old threads!). Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-08-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Only in here can I find out about tootsie rolls and laugh! Twynn, I probably would have explored too. My dogs used to get really excited about rabbit M&M's but never found out about tootsie rolls. They did think squirrel poop was equivalent to Kraft caramels though.

Cottage, that's some reaction to a sting. Benadryl right away might have helped. I know the strange feeling of a swollen hand.

Cyndi, I am glad you finally got some answers and am glad you are holding off on the prednisone. I know a lot about the nasty side effects of that "miracle" drug since my friend LindaBC had to take it for months. I hope your family weekend is relaxing and gives you a break.

Just revamped today's To Do list and have already stripped my bed and have the sheets out on the line. I love the scent of air-dried sheets! I have the darned macaroni salad started - I need to cook the pasta in batches. I was concerned about keeping the salad refrigerated and just realized the fridge at the Fair Hall is completely empty and I can stash it there. There's a solution for every problem - somewhere if you can find it!

Enjoy your Friday!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Wow, does time scurry by! Time to wake the troops!

Linda, despite their issues, our furry friends do fill the void of not having kids and grandkids. Ouch for a bee sting. Hope it's better soon! Your day sounds fun...wish I could come bake with you all.

Ruth, thank goodness for lake cottages where accountants can retreat Have fun in the garden.

Cyndi, lots of information to digest regarding Julie's diagnosis. Take care. I hope your chores go smoothly and you enjoy lunch with friends.

Twynn, lol yum I'll bet you've seen it all! Ouch sorry about the ankle/hamstring

Gotta run….DH is up and when he comes down all he thinks I ever do is hang at the computer.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning by fellow beachers

Debbie - Oh your life is wayyy more exciting than mine. Litter boxes and all.

Matilda - Woo hoo! Never heard of spinach pies. Maybe that's a good thing.

Linda - Ouch!

Ruth - Oh, macaroni salad. Can't remember the last time I had that. Trying not to think about macaroni now.

Cyndi - Glad you have some answers. I hope the meds help. 3 years! You inspire me

Twynn - Bummer about the running but at least now you officially know. What is massaged kale?

I'm so glad I can live vicariously through all you! Life here is pretty boring right now, not even pets anymore. I didn't sleep well last night thanks to a very sore arm where I got a tetanus shot yesterday. (I was quite overdue.) So here is a strange NSV- I am comfortable enough with my weight right now that my germophobia won out and I kept my sandals on when I weighed in at the doctor's office! Can't remember ever not taking off the shoes before. Off to work out with my mom soon... must get cracking.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by WaistingTime; 07-08-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Karen, maybe we could do one of those reality trade offs...You know the grass is always greener on the other side. Have a great workout...that is really an NSV!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all! We've got three cats and three boxes - out tub isn't big enough

I weighed in this morning for the official 7 day weigh in - and I am down 7 pounds. I will take it! So hard when I am doing the modified version and feel like I am "cheating." Now to keep it off! I will be with my friend at the hospital today so I am off to go grab snacks at the store (DW and nephew can fend for themselves for dinner I guess! I should think they will be happy) so I am prepared.

HAve a good one chickies!

Last edited by jenne1017; 07-08-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies! Just had to share and see if any of you have experienced this. I don't recall this happening in the past, but last week I had a dream that I was pigging out on a loaf of artisan type bread. It was right after I had started on Phase 1 again...so I was appalled in my dream that I was caving so easily and so badly!!! When I woke up, I was so thankful it was a dream and that I hadn't really been naughty!! lol

Then last night I had a dream that I was at a get together and there were chips and dip everywhere....and I was pigging out on tortilla chips! I had eaten a few before remembering I'm not supposed to be eating them. Then I thought...oh, I'm close to being on Phase 2 and a little slip up won't hurt! ARGH!!! That thinking is what derails me everytime!!

Anyway, just had to share....lol

Have a fabulous day!!! Hope the sun is shining wherever you are!

@Jenne - Dang Girl!!! You rock!!!

Last edited by jyoyo78; 07-08-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #15  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! I just love hearing about everyone's days! Its cool to get a flavor of life in different parts of the country. I've been doing pretty good with exercise and staying OP. I'm still a few days from my next weigh in, so I'll be keeping it up strong! Got a busy day at work so I gotta hop to it!
Closed Thread