South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, July 4th

Happy Independence Day, my American friends. I'm glad we're neighbours.

Fireworks again last night but not mixed with a t-storm this time. We had one of the hottest days this summer yesterday and the lower Lake was jammed with boats and swimmers. A very loud country rock band played in the Park so it was a noisy night. The chicken BBQ was sold out by 5:15! Who says nothing ever happens in a small town?

Today I'm back to alleged "normal" and am going outside shortly to set up the hoses in my poor parched garden. We did get rain the other night but not enough my wilting plants tell me. After that, I'm off to town to deliver some cheques. The mail strike is over but the system is still constipated!

So what is happening to celebrate the Glorious Fourth? It's so cool when both our countries almost share the same birthday.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth. Fireworks throughout our neighborhood again last night but the formal ones are tonight. Enjoy your "normal" day.

I'm actually off to work the parade in a little while. It's a good place to collect signatures, especially in my little town which leans in just the right direction for this sort of thing. It's a long parade so I will have all my exercise out of the way by lunch. That's a good thing because I will be hungry by then and will try to find something on plan at the park. Once again, not as hard here as most other places in the world. I'm sure there will be more than one healthy option.

Tonight we are off to the fireworks so DW can take pics. It's our first challenge in our new circumstances. I've tried to figure out the best way to handle both the walking in the crowd and the parking situation. Usually we park in town and just walk the mile to our car to avoid sitting in traffic. I'm not sure she will have the energy for that though so am still figuring it out.

Time to get some of that coffee into my body now. Maybe I'll think better

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-04-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy 4th of July!

It was sweltering here yesterday but we dodged all the storms. We sure could use some rain, though, as our lawn is crunchy. I cringe when I think of what our water bill is going to be!

We're expecting a houseful this afternoon, and I must get cracking! I have to bake a cake for the birthday boys (Jake and Dustin), and par-boil some chicken for the grill. There will be portobello sliders topped with gorgonzola and caramelized onions for Caite and I, and any other veg-heads.

Have a great day, everybody, and be safe!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

grilled portabellos are on our dinner menu too Cottage I may try some that way. I was thinking some pesto, a slice of tomato and smoked fresh mozzarella. Enjoy your family filled day!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Happy Fourth of July! Also known as Bing's least favorite holiday...and I suppose Jazz and Disney's, too.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started. I'm glad we're neighbours, too. I just wish we were a little closer. Enjoy your day.

Cyndi, I'm glad your town leans the direction you like it. This small town...not so much. I think they were pretty shaken up as we now have 3 or 4 Med. Marij. stores. I hope you figure out a good solution for getting into town tonight. Enjoy your day.

Linda, your house sounds like the place to be today! Pool...great food...great company! Enjoy!

Me, up to the painting project. It has to be. My mom has two appointments this week in Denver and the project must move ahead if we want to finish. Fortunately, we can start by 6 and be done by noon. Then my day is free. Don't know what we'll do. Fireworks right here tonight...I guess we'll be kind of watching and trying to appease poor Bingsy.

Food is OP. I did great at the country club yesterday. I planned..no grains..no sugar...no dairy...no caffeine...and enjoyed success. I'm working on another one today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - Your little town (and you) always seems so busy!

Cyndi - Have fun parading.

Linda - Sounds yummy! I've been meaning to try portobello for pizza base.

Debbie - Our dog hated it too! And thunderstorms.

My teen heads to Minnesota today; he and friends are canoeing the in the Boundary waters for 6 days starting Wednesday. A few dads are going but on a separate camping trip; my DH opted out since one of the other dads drives him crazy. Teen is not yet fully packed. I'm going to try not to think about him while he is gone so I don't worry

For me, happy to be back to my routine for exercise and eating.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Happy Fourth everyone! Sounds like everyone has fun plans. We are glad to be home for the day and DH is painting our bedroom. He picked the color and I love it! DSs are working at the amusement park and DD is going to a friends for a cookout. We have no other family anywhere nearby

Deb: we've had dogs in the past that were terrified of thunder and fireworks. IT was so stressful for them and us, I feel for you. Luckily this crew is okay with them. Though my setter is very sensitive to the heat and we run the air at night more for her than us!

Karen: As my boys are in college and often running off for adventures it is hard not to worry. I totally understand.

Cyndi, parade sounds like fun, our 4th celebration was last weekend (no one knows why they do it a week early LOL). Hope you have a great time. Perhaps you can drop DW off and then go park?

Cottage, foods sound awesome, yum!

Have a great day Ruth, a belated Happy Canada day!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy 4th to the Americans! I am doing NOTHING today. I might go to a friend's pool this afternoon for a swim (and get in some exercise) but other than that, nadda. I hate the fireworks, but I have a feeling DW might drag me to see them. I won't lie, I cheated and looked at the scale this morning and was very pleased to see the results so far!

Ruth - have fun watering!

Cyn - Maybe drop her off then you walk? I remember when my DW had crazy leg surgery (if you like gore, click here for the pics) in June, it was miserable for us both. Not the same but...all that to say I sympathize.

Cottage - happy birthday to the boys!

Lexxiss - AWESOME JOB!!!

Waisting - it's sad but just think of all that time to yourselves?!?! :grin:

nanjmc - you couldn't pay me to ever paint an apartment, let alone a house, ever again!!! have "fun!!"

Last edited by jenne1017; 07-04-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

Happy 4th everyone! Going to my nephews for food, fun, and fireworks. Probably splurging a little today but the scale seems to be going down somehow. Back on track tomorrow.
Have a safe and fun time today!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon,

Wishing everyone a Happy Independence Day.

I have been busy making a on plan food menu and also everything I need to have done before my DD and wonderful grandson arrive on July 14th. They are staying for one month and it will be difficult to stick on plan but then I have my trip to France to look forward to on Sept. 1 and need a new wardrobe so maybe that will help.
Have a good rest of the day.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread