Well, I'm back

• Hello everyone! So, I haven't really posted in awhile. The last 3 weeks have been crazy with getting grades and finals done for the year, then graduation and whatnot. So, for 2 weeks I did calorie counting instead of SB because there were so many eating centered events I had to attend. And after 2 weeks, I was psyched to have maintained my weight loss. I didn't plan on losing during those weeks, but I just didn't want to gain. It felt great to know that I could maintain the loss.

Then came vacation this week. Unfortunately, I was not in a place where I could find healthy choices. And once I started eating carbs in full force, the cravings returned, food consumption increased etc. You all know the drill I'm sure. The whole time I couldn't wait to be home with my food where I could control my eating again. I felt my pants getting tighter over the week but I knew there was no way I could eat like that and avoid a gain. I'm not going to weigh myself because I get discouraged too easily and don't want to beat myself up. So, today I was eagerly back on phase 1. I was so happy to eat my salad and turkey and homemade veggie soup! I plan on doing 2 clean weeks on p1 and hopefully I will lose whatever I gained this week. So, you'll all probably be seeing a lot of me again, like it or not!
  • Welcome back! I think your decision to calorie count for those 2 weeks with all the food centered events was a great idea. I'm sure it really did the trick maintaining your weight during that time! The vacation....oh well...but you're doing the right thing, just jumping right back on track.

Hope to see you here more often now!
  • Hey Nicole! I was actually wondering where you were. Sounds like you had a great time. Calorie counting was an excellent strategy - when I'm in a situation like that, I revert back to an atkins style way of eating because sometimes it's easier to do that. In any case, welcome back. There are a bunch of us doing Phase 1 again so hop on that thread.
  • Welcome back
  • I saw that thread and thought it was for last week. But now I will hop on there if you're all still going with p1! Thx
  • Welcome back! Great idea calorie counting. And KUDOS for getting right back to it.
    I suppose this might be a stupid question but how does everyone keep track of calories? I don't think at any weight in my life I ever counted calories or even knew where to start if I wanted to?
  • There are a bunch of calorie calculators online. Basically you plug in your age, height, weight, and activity and it calculates how many cals you need to eat to maintain, lose, gain, etc.