South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Friday, June 17

Good very early morning. I woke around 2, fretting about the Mill Audit. Things always sound so much worse in the wee small hours. I finally got up.

Went to town yesterday to get more plants and, like a klutz, tripped and fell in the garden centre parking lot. That sure is a way to get attention! It was good to know that people still care about strangers. No real damage except to my pride although I do have some bruises that will turn interesting colours.

Today I will get to the Mill early and pay staff and then gather up all the audit stuff, right or wrong, and dump it at the Accountant's Office. Maybe he can figure out the small anomaly that is driving me nuts at 2 a.m. After that, it'll be quilting and maybe some gardening with a book club gathering tonight at a cottage down at the Lake. That will be tons of fun and we may even discuss the book.

Just wondered where the dogs were and discovered them both asleep upstairs on my bed. "It's a dog's life" is not so bad after all.

I hope your TGIF is a good one.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ruth! I have also been troubled by magnified issues at 2am. It's the worst. I'm sorry about your bruise - if you can get it, calendula cream is very helpful. It will reduce the size/length of the bruising. Your day sounds fun and relaxed.

I woke up this morning feeling shattered and it's all emotionally b/c of TOM I can tell. Now that I'm entering perimenopause sometimes TOM is a breeze, sometimes and emotional and physical disaster, which I suspect this one will be (sigh). My body feels like a sausage about to explode from its casing and it was so difficult to get up this morning because I was exhausted (although got 8 hours the last couple of nights. I'm sure SBD flu has something to do with it too). Also - don't know if anyone else experiences this at TOM - I feel totally dehydrated, I drank more than my usual 96 oz. yesterday, but still woke up in the night to drink more water.

Hope everyone has a great day today! On tap for me: jeans to work, because I'm going to be doing some organizing, then nothing tonight, maybe just a relaxed movie or something. Down time! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - oh no, glad you're okay! Good luck with the audit, I'm sure you did fantastic.

Matilda - LOL....I'm not sure I want to read more posts on menopause, it's making me nervous! My grandma went thru it at 38 (!), I'm past that already.

Me - lost 3 lbs water weight, despite a very minor derailing and TOM arriving yesterday. Really surprised it dropped despite TOM. I normally don't have a problem doing this for a week or two, it's maintaining long term after, it's so hard with kids and all their snacks in the house!

Should be a good day. Cable guy is coming in this am, I'll pack for camping while he's working. Then hoping for a trail run, then off to work, then camping!! WOO HOO!! LOL.....it's supposed to rain, but what's new with our camping trips?!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I hope you're not all stiff and sore from that fall yesterday. I've spent many a night lying wide awake in the darkest hours, worrying about things. I hope the accountant can find the discrepancy and straighten the budget thing out. Have a good day, and mind your step!

Matilda, sorry you are feeling off today and had a bad night, too. I've learned to let go and lift my worries up to a higher power, and it really makes a difference. Have a great day at work. Hey, it's Friday, after all.

I'm always surprised by the difference Phase 1 makes in my overall being. My whole attitude is much improved and I'm feeling terrific. I can't believe I've made it to Day 5 already, and with no SBD flu symptoms or cravings or other bumps. I do make sure I eat plenty of beans and dairy each day, and I think that's what's gotten me this far. I'm going to go ahead and do the full 2 weeks since this de-toxing feels so good.

I have to work this morning, now that the girls are out of school, but Cindy should be home by lunchtime to let me go. This afternoon, I'm running into the city to Penzey's Spices to get a few things and redeem my coupon before it expires, and this evening I'm going to a Tastefully Simple party. I normally avoid things like that, but my DIL is hosting it, and I feel I have to attend. I know they'll be all kinds of samplings and the wine will be flowing, but I plan to stick to my resolve and just nibble the raw veggies and drink sparkling water. I'll be fine.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tywnn! Menopause was no big thing for me, I sailed right through and hardly noticed it. And the biggest prize at the end is no more periods! Have fun on your camping trip, and I hope it doesn't rain too much!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We were supposed to be off to the Cape and a biking weekend with DD but DW's allergies are still horrible so it's a weekend at home. I laughed when I looked around because there is so much to do I can't imagine going away! My yard is a hay field again, my house is scary and I have a nail in my tire that needs to be dealt with (first thing this morning!). And I want to play with my new blender! I took it out of the box but haven't had a minute to use it yet.

Ruth - I'm so glad there are nice people to lend a hand up. Insomnia stinks. Maybe you should join the dogs for a nap

Matilda - Hope the day is easier than it looks from here and you are home relaxing before you know it.

Twynn- I've had a pretty easy time of the menopause stuff so far. The unpredictably is a little annoying and weight is a bit harder to lose but overall not such a bad thing. My hot flashes are totally under control when I am eating a really clean Phase 2. One more incentive to stick to the plan. I am looking forward to being done with it though!
Happy camping! When DD was young we went every other weekend all summer. It's so much fun!

Cottage - Your shopping trip sounds like fun. We don't have any of those stores around here but I think I'd be in trouble

I hope the rain holds off today. I really want to get our lawn done again. First I'm off to buy a new tire and might as well drop my bedspread at the laundromat while I'm in town. It doesn't fit in my washer but really needs a spring cleaning! I am having lunch with a friend so will plan my chores and errands around some friend time.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

My son has friends sleeping over in the basement so I'm stuck on my laptop this morning and have no idea when I can get to the elliptical. We are babysitting our young nephews again this weekend... my brother and his wife changed their minds again about moving and are off to house hunt. Tonight my mom will watch them for us while we drop in at a surprise party for a friend of DS who is heading to the Naval Academy. The first of many food temptations coming this weekend.

Have a great day everyone. BBL
Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A bit late here...I got some needed rest. Food OP yesterday despite major stress-I'm grateful for that. Exercise ho hum. I did ride my bike to the library to work on my puzzle. Today, down to Denver with mom...stopping at both Whole Foods and Costco, but first lots of niggles.

Ruth, ouch for falling. Bruises mend quickly. I'd say you're fortunate not to have busted anything. The rest of your day sounds fun. at the pups sleeping on the bed. Yes, tis a dogs life. Bing is everywhere with me...I wish I could teach him to unload the dishwasher. BTW-Rudi holding on, vet is out of town until Monday so we're all off the hook for the moment.

Matilda, sorry about such a rough night. I felt like my emotional stuff slowed down as I got further into meno...I did have a brief bout with hot flashes but never took anything for them. I hope your evening is relaxing.

Twynn, perhaps it won't rain?? Have a nice run.

Linda, glad you are feeling so great! Yes, your party tonight is family required. You'll be fine.

Cyndi, sorry about the trip cancellation but it sounds like you'll have plenty to do. "Blender" story-when I first got mine I texted my sis asking her how long I should run a salad dressing to emulsify it. She answered back, "not long-has engine of a small lawn mower" I sure enjoy mine-oh, time for my morning smoothie.

Karen, stay strong at the party tonight!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - sorry to hear about your fall. Bookclub sounds like a lot of fun.

Matilda - menopause problems suck. I use to rotate two pillows because of the heat I felt, one was always on the floor to cool down. Also wore shorts around the house even in January and now I can't get warm enough.

Twynn - have fun camping, unfortunately we only started camping after my kids grew up, it would have been so much fun with them.

Linda - Sounds like a great party, but you will do fine.

Cyndi - Enjoy your blender, remember to put the lid on.

Karen - Taking care of two young nephews keeps you young.

Debbie - have fun at Whole Foods and Costco. I never sample unless its something new and I really, really want it. We are getting a Whole Foods about 10 minutes drive from home this fall. Nice store but so expensive.

I went to the dr's yesterday and she ordered xrays, sciatica is better but I feel that massage or therapy would speed things along. Daughter and grandson coming in a few weeks and I want this pain to go away.
take care
Sophie
Old 06-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi sophie! Glad your back is better. I'll bet some type of massage would help not to mention be great for other body parts! I'd like being that close to Whole Foods. I'd walk or bike, but seem to remember you're not a biker chick.lol I have some specific items I can't get anywhere else that I can always count on them to have. Take care. PS nice ticker, too!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Great timing! neighbour Moel FINALLY tilled my veggie plot for me. Living in hope, I bought some pepper and squash plants yesterday but the ground was too hard for me to dig holes for them. Clay soil really sucks! We had a small shower this morning so it was still dry enough for tilling this morning. I can plant at last! More bean seeds needed and maybe some kale. I've not seen a cabbage butterfly this year - yet! That should bring them.

I have nearly finished the audit report - 97 pages are chugging through my printer at the moment and will send it to the accountant this afternoon AFTER a nap which is about to start in a few minutes. I'm a bit stiff and quite sore after my fall but everything functions just fine except the brain so a nap is needed.

Me thinks this will definitely be a big weekend for planting. Yippee!!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon ladiessss!

Just thought I'd pop in real quick while I had a moment and say HI! Been MOSTLY OP (had Chris' dad's bday party and went off the deep end last Sunday) and it's been SLOW and somewhat steady.

More stormy weather today. Chris is testing for a higher position at work today. If he passes, he gets an interview. Six applicants, two positions. Send prayers and good vibes his way!

Well better get back to work. Staying busy. Hope everyone is doing fine!

Lisa
Old 06-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #13  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon beachers!

Ruth - Hope you had a restful nap! Isn't it awesome how our dogs can still teach/remind us things?

Matilda - I am the same way as you when it comes to TOM - have to drink waaaaay more water than normal. I'm constantly thirsty and I feel really outa wack if I don't drink tons of water.

Weezle - Sending positive vibes to Chris for his testing. =)

Today I've got lots of errands and chores to run. I took a short lunch break so hopefully I can leave work early to get a head start. This week has been kinda hectic and the first thing to go out the window was meal planning. So, the last few days I've been scrambling last minute to figure out meals, which was pretty stressful. This plan definitely requires organization and commitment to meal planning.
Closed Thread