South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/153/135

Default getting back on the horse

Hi all. So, yesterday, I fell way, way, way off the horse. I knew it was going to happen. We had friends in town and they were really keen on trying a famous burger place. I knew beforehand that options were going to be limited and that I wanted to go out and have fun with my friends. So, I ate somewhat lightly throughout the day (I keep track of calories on loseit.com, just out of habit) and then, last night, went way off plan. Hamburger (with bun), french fries with ketchup, onion rings, and, the kicker, a chocolate milkshake. I didn't finish any of it, so at least I kept portions small.

The best part of this story is that after doing 6 weeks or so of SBD, I've really gotten to the point when simple carbs make me feel gross, which is wonderful! It is a built-in incentive to stay on plan. But, my question, how do you all get back on the horse after a night like that? Do you P1 for a day or so? Any particular tricks (like eggs for breakfast?)?
sfaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

Exactly. P1 for 1 to 3 days, or until you get your cravings in check. It happens!!
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Agreed...just hop on for a few days. You'll know when you're feeling better. When I go "off" I tend to do it in one fell swoop...just like you did.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

I had pizza and wing last night for dinner. It was a plan. There are these really good chargrilled wings around where I live (they do fry them first, but then stick them on a grill so they are nice and crispy... Anyways, I felt so gross afterwards that I absolutely know I will not be eating like that again anytime soon. What I crave are my lean meats and veggies. I've been in a very slow transition, adding in a serving or two of fruits a day and on 3 occasions (and possibly today) a multi grain english muffin. I think my cravings are under control. In fact, I think last nights meal made me so ill that even thinking about food like that makes me cringe! I'm not going to return to P1 unless I start to feel cravings. It's a personal choice though. And honestly, if I didn't have any delicious fresh fruit in the kitchen, I would probably eat like P1 for the next few days anyways, just out of habit...
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/153/135

I hear you about the fresh fruit! Local berries have been on sale and reigning in my lust for summer berries has been A LOT harder than keeping myself away from junk food...
sfaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182.5/175.6/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaj View Post
I hear you about the fresh fruit! Local berries have been on sale and reigning in my lust for summer berries has been A LOT harder than keeping myself away from junk food...
My absolute favorite fruit besides berries is cherries and when I saw them at the grocery store today I almost lunged at them. I need to avoid the grocery store until I'm done phase 1. The great thing is that at least I'm craving fruit and not junk.

Good luck getting back on track.
nat4crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

I know some people won't agree with this, but when I have a crazy day, I try to do a super low cal P1 day the following day (like 500-700 cals) and then a few more days on P1. The low cal day is just a mental thing I'm sure. It makes me feel like I'm back in control, and like the bad stuff gets out of my system faster. All in all though, one day off isn't a big deal as long as it doesn't turn into two, three, etc. Realistically, if this is a way of eating for life, there will invariably be days when you don't follow the plan.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote