South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #31  

Height: 5'5

I just started phase 1 on Monday:

Brkfst: 1 egg cheese and ham omelet.
1 glass vegetable juice.
1 cup coffee with milk.

Snack: bell pepper and cucumber dipped in miso guacamole.

Lunch: Fake crab salad, with chopped pepper, yogurt, and a little mayo (I hope fake crab counts--it really didn't have too many carbs or sugar) on a bed of lettuce.

Snack: Almond flavored egg custard thing sweetened with stevia.

Dinner: sauteed rock fish and cauliflower with a little bit of pesto and Parmesan cheese mixed into it.

Dessert: another egg custard thing.

WooHoo! The only thing I did that was a little questionable, was use normal cheese in the omelet and eat a little extra of the egg custard than I expected (I ruined one by accidentally pouring water into it and made it into a drink that I would not recommend to anyone--I still don't like wasting food, even on a diet.)
Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 168.4 / 167.2 / 125

Height: 5' 2"

Default P1, D2

Hi, all - Halfway through D2 and lovin' it! Here's the plan so far:

B - Black coffee, small leftover grilled steak, grilled zucchini and roasted red peppers
S - none
L - Grilled Greek chicken, Braised cabbage
S - Celery sticks
D - Tuna and white bean salad with onions and tomatoes over baby escarole, olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing

I'm drinking water like mad today but I'm still getting "backed up." After reading through other threads, I've decided to get some Metamucil and make that a daily habit to take care of that slight problem.

Also, I gained 0.4 pound from yesterday to today. I'm not too worried, though, because I think that's the result of the Mickey D's treat I gave myself over the weekend.

And guess what -- even though I ate the whole thing, I discovered that Mickey D's doesn't hold the same appeal it once did for me. I got the chicken selects -- which I used to adore -- but they tasted stale, greasy, heavy, and fake. I'm pretty sure I got that craving out of my system and will be able to resist McD's for a long, long time. It really is poison, isn't it?

Hope it's OK that I'm a newbie on this thread and that it's not just for veteran Beachers. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #33  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Go, Phase-1-ers, Go!
Though I'm sticking with my transition from Phase 1.5 to 2 (this is where I've screwed up in the past) I am definitely getting lots of meal inspirations from you. Thanks and keep up the good work! Be sure to post how many days it takes for you to loose your cravings and when it becomes easy for you to pass up off-plan foods! That realization moment is just so awesome.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 182.5/175.6/150

Height: 5'6

Cyndi M, what are flax muffins? Do you buy them or make them?

It seems like a lot of you eat kale, maybe I should expand my vegetable variety and try it. I've heard you can bake kale with salt and it's like kale chips.

Day 2-Phase 1

B: Ziplock Omelet (mushrooms, peppers, onion, tomatoes, cheddar & canadian bacon) served with Salsa
S: String Cheese
L: Large salad with 1/2 cup black beans and salsa & spicy ranch dressing
S: 30 pistachios
D: Grilled Greek Chicken, Greek Salad and Steamed Broccoli

If I need to snack my plan is to have some herbal tea and sugar free gum and/or try 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese with vanilla extract and cinnamon.

I did 40 minutes total body weight/resistance training and 20 minutes of HITT today.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #35  

Height: 5'5

Kale is really good for you. I've made kale chips and really like them. If you are not too into veggies (like I'm not), then Kale chips are definitely the way to go. You can use a spray on olive or canola oil, that way they don't get too oily.

Phase 1, day 2

B-omelet with low fat gouda, spinach, and turkey bacon. Vegetable juice. Coffee.
snack-grape tomatoes with an oz of low fat gouda.
L--fake crab mixed with relish and mayo and mustard. Cauliflower with pesto and parmisan.
Snack--egg custard thing.
Extra snack--low fat ricotta cheese mixed with vanilla, peppermint, and cocoa powder.
Edit
Dinner--five stuffed mini-portabellas, stuffed with spinach, marinara sauce, and a little ricotta cheese. Half a boiled sausage.

Did good. Started craving in the afternoon, hence the "extra" snack which is actually a desert. Then I ate boiled sausage that I was making for husband, but didn't touch the pasta! Overall, I did good. This morning I was surprised to have not lost much water weight, but I did notice that my waste was a full inch smaller than it has been in several months.

Last edited by Stopfat; 06-15-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Noexcuses, this thread is for oldies and newbies alike and everyone who is doing Phase 1 is welcome. We're happy you decided to jump in and share your Phase 1 experiences and menus.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Resisting....glass....of....wine....!!!

B: 2 eggs with canadian bacon and sprinkle of cheese
S: oops, working
L: chicken salad with lots o veggies
S: cheese stick, cut up veggies
D: shrimp taco salad
then 60 min bike ride
then I felt like I was starving! Way too many cashews, but at least on plan...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #38  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Another OP Day 2 for me! I can seriously do this during the week, I never feel deprived, it's the *%&$ weekends!!!

Mixed Beans, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Greek yogurt 300
Mixed Beans, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce 190
((not a typo, I ate it 2 x today!!))
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Mixed Beans, Jello 364
Total: 854

h20: 13 cups/104 ounces

Here's some extra for all of us. I think I can safely say we can use any anyone is willing to share

Black Bean soup sounds YUMMI to me!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #39  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopfat View Post
Kale is really good for you. I've made kale chips and really like them. If you are not too into veggies (like I'm not), then Kale chips are definitely the way to go. You can use a spray on olive or canola oil, that way they don't get too oily.
I must try these. Is this all you do to them? Just spritz and bake? How long?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #40  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I'm right there with you resisting the wine....saw a bottle of wine tonight at Sam's that was screaming my name. With all the birthday prep for DS1, a glass of wine would be awesome...just two weeks...just two weeks...
Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

Day 2
B: 2 spanakopita muffins, 2 pc. turkey bacon, iced coffee
S: roasted chick peas, string cheese
L: tuna, cottage cheese, spinach salad w/cannellini beans
S: celery w/ PB
S: turkey/laughing cow roll ups
D: turkey burger w/ avocado, broccoli & cauliflower

Has anyone tried the kale chips with hummus? I miss eating pita chips with my hummus and I'm wondering if having that crunchy texture would be enough? I might have to try this!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I posted here. I try to follow sbd but lately have really gone off plan and I feel like i'm having a hard time regaining control. I am strongly considering doing p1 as I know this will rid my cravings and hopefully help with these pounds that have creeped back on. My only concern is the fact that I've taken up running over the last few months, and now run 3-4 days per week. i'm scared with the drastic decrease in carbs, i may not have the energy to keep up. Any advise???
Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #43  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

RN - I average 25 miles per week most weeks and don't usually have a problem with phase 1. make sure you're getting good carbs in the form of beans and dairy and you should be ok.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 AM   #44  

Height: 5'8"

Default Day 3 Phase 1

I peed out 2.2 lbs. of water last night. I couldn't sleep, but was happy for the scale reward this am.

B: turkey roll ups, ls v8
S: hummos with cucumbers
L: chick pea salad with eggplant, zuccini, lemon and basil
S: 15 almonds, nf greek yogurt
D: 3 portobello mushroom caps with 4 turkey meatballs baked with cheese on top yum!!!!

I'm also having such a problem resisting wine. I am usually ok during the week but on the weekends I like to have it. I'm having an internal negotiation in my head about this weekend. Obviously it's not Phase 1 compliant.

Goals today:
Exercise- yes, abs work and 20 mins. rebounding with arm weights on
Water-yes should be 96 oz by day's end
Breathing exercises-working on it!!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 06-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, I wish it was that easy for me! I don't weigh, but I have been making a lot more visits to the potty lately.

Phase 1 is going much more better for me that I had anticipated. The only problem I find is that since it's been years since I've been on Phase 1, I find myself reaching automatically for foods I can't have yet, and have to keep reminding myself of it. I really miss fruit, but I can hang in there for another 11 days.

B. breakfast casserole
S. none - no time today!
L. veggie filled salad with roasted chickpeas, avocado and feta - no dressing
S. greek yogurt w/chia and sf caramel syrup
D. braised Swiss chard & cannellini beans
Closed Thread