South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - May 28 and 29

Good morning. I'm up way too early for a weekend but my body alarm went off at four. So silly! Both dogs are back in their beds and I should be too.

We have a work bee over at the Fair Hall at 9:30 to make 200 sandwiches for the Sunday afternoon dance. The fillings are all made and I could get started but the bread is special order and not in yet.

After that, we will be starting to grind wheat at the Mill, if the lads can get the "bolter" to work. I'm not sure what part of the machinery that is but it seems to always give them grief. This is a big tourist weekend so I hope it cooperates as folks will be wanting to buy our nifty 2 pound bags of flour.

No dinner worries tonight as there is a chicken BBQ at the Legion. The Pypers will probably be here if it's a good boating day and that's my "what to feed them" solution this weekend.

Right now it's raining but it's supposed to clear around noon. This is such a strange spring. The temps have not yet been over 70ºF even once.

What's happening in your life today? It's Memorial Day Weekend in the USA. Are there parades or is that another celebration? I know Memorial Day is to honour the soldiers who died, sort of like our Remembrance Day on November 11. Guess I should Google.

and I'll get another mug for myself, thanks.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ruth. Sounds like a busy weekend. Memorial Day here is also the summer kick off weekend, so there will be lots of barbeques and beach house openings.

We're off to see my parents this weekend. Without really going into detail, the situation is NOT good. I'm not quite sure what we'll find when we get up there. My mom is very frail and I got a call from my dad that alarmed me. My mother can be very controlling and manipulative and I can't tell if she is using her illness to do that to my dad, but he's obviously "over it." I'll keep everyone posted.

My eating has been off this week as I've been so stressed out about things. To top it all off my oven broke on Thursday night! So until I can get it fixed we'll be dependent on the stove top and microwave. Sigh.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 05-28-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth. You are up way too early for the weekend! I was awake at 4:30, but I fell back asleep. I hope the Mill sells lots of bags of their special flour, I know I'd love to have one. (Remember that roll we got at Louisburg? ROFL!!!!) Have a good time with your friends making all those sandwiches, and I hope the sun manages to make an appearance and warm up the day. It's been quite warm here this past week and is supposed to get up to 95* on Monday for Memorial Day! That's a bit too hot for me.

We're headed up to the Amish smorgasborg for breakfast before going to the nursery for more annuals. It's time to replace my potted pansies with summer flowers. Then we have to make a stop at the pool place for some supplies. Jake will be spending the rest of the day cleaning the pool and getting it ready for the season, while I putter with making colorful arrangements in my planters.

Matilda ~ that's sad about your parent's situation, and I hope it's not as bad as it seems.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - hope the mill starts working properly! It would be hard not to sample a little crust o' bread...

MMCK - Good luck with the parents this weekend!

I'm sitting here vegetating on the couch, the coffee just finished. I have to work today, unfortunately. But, we have a sitter, and I'm taking DH to his favorite brewery that is having an awesome band play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQJ5YXUXkA) ...they remind me of Indigo Girls. Then the local carnival, and cleaning up for the inlaws to arrive next weekend.

How's your coffee?

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-28-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm going to exercise first thing today. Second thing, I guess, since I'm here With all that's been going on here I've not had much time to get it done and yesterday did no cardio at all and can really tell a difference... I was much more tired late in the day.

Our house guests arrive sometime late morning or early afternoon. I have to go to my mom's to pick up all the stuff I stored in her freezer. Oh yeah, thanks for you input on that. What I really want to know is if I can freeze a second time after things are thawed. I know I'll end up with tons of leftovers and hate to toss them but hate to eat them even more! And I need to finish cleaning and do any prep I can today. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain tomorrow - it would be very crowded in here.

Gotta run. Hope to pop in later this weekend. Have a great one all.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from stormy NY Last night there was hail and I need to go check my car. It didn't last long so hopefully no dimples.

I was awake at 5 too. I'm not sure when I lost the concept of weekend but I just don't sleep in no matter how late I'm up.

Mom and I are off for haircuts. I'm taking a chance with her hairdresser because I never have time to get to mine. Hope it isn't a bad idea! Then off to thrift stores for a few hours until DD stops by for an afternoon visit. She's on her way to meet her Dad at her other GM's and stopping by for a few. Will be nice to see her.

I had to dig out my capris and am really glad I've been back on track all week. I was afraid nothing would fit but did alright. I"ll probably stop in later to catch-up with everyone. Happy weekend!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #7  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! I am up early too -- need to get everyone ready for a family bat mitzvah this morning -- which should be nice, to see family in from out of town, etc. I am needing to figure out what to wear though -- oy! Also, the pool is supposed to open today but it is not even close to warm enough to swim! We have a sitter tonight too -- yay! Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I decided to check in while my coffee was brewing and now I just can't wait for my first cup! See you all in a few!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning busy ladies!

I thought I was busy today, but reading your posts reminds me that I'm only chugging along at a normal pace.

Ruth, I hope all goes well at the mill today. Enjoy your chicken supper with the Pypers!

Matilda, have a good weekend. Despite all that's going on, I'm sure your folks will be really glad to see you.

Linda, I'm envious! I will be thinking of you choosing the nicest plants and then puttering around planting them today. We'll be able to put ours in very soon, too.

Hello Tammy, Cyndi, Karen and Debbie!

Natalie's mom - it's great to have you here again. Enjoy your family time today. I love big family events.

I'm still struggling with my breathing, but it makes me so thankful for the medications and things available to me - and for a good insurance plan that helps me pay for them. I went back to school yesterday and thanks to thoughtful colleagues, I had a great day. I'm nervous about being unable to exercise though - especially since I'm likely to do some splurging this week. I barely have the breath to walk across the room right now though, so it would be foolish to push my body until my allergies and asthma settle down again.

My friends Cathy and John are arriving from Iowa this evening and I'm so excited I could burst! We're staying in Portland tonight because tomorrow we'll take them to visit lighthouses and the old port. I'm optimistic about my breathing - I think it's the birch and pine tree pollens that are putting me over the edge right now, so getting out of the woods should help, right? We'll head back to Hanover tomorrow night.

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-28-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Coffee was good! Yum! I got caught in the whirlwind of morning here...pups have been out and fed (and I cleaned the kitchen in the process). Kirk up and moving and his mouth is doing well from last night's extraction. We'll be getting the pups out for their real walk soon then will figure out what's in store today. Maybe we'll head to a farmers market.

Ruth, your day sounds fun to me! I'm sure Kirk could help with the bolter. It would be so cool to buy some flour. Is is whole wheat? Sorry for the dumb question.lol

Matilda, take care, friend. I hope there is something good in your weekend visit to mom and dad.

Linda, yay for pool season! Enjoy the Amish smorgasborg and your trip to the nursery.

Tammy, have fun with your DH tonight!

Karen, keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. I'm sure freezing a second time is fine, too.

Cyndi, have fun thrifting, haircutting and visiting with DD. Glad the capris fit and I hope your car isn't damaged.

Natalie'sMom, enjoy your family gathering! Hey, we know you're Natalie and Gracie's mom, but do you have a name we could call you by? I have my name in my siggie, which reminds me that this journey is ultimately about me.

Heidi, glad to see you here! I was thinking about you this morning, hoping your breathing was getting better. I hope Cathy and John have safe travels.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - DH tells me that we visited the Delta during the maple syrup festival a long time ago but I don't remember.

Matilda - sorry for your problems, we all go thru them at one time or another.

Linda - Gosh I love an Amish smorgasborg, we have been to Millers.

Twynn - have fun at the brewery.

Karen - wow, what a party for graduation, what are you going to do when one of the sons gets married.

Cyndi - enjoy your time.

Heidi - feel better and enjoy your company. Love lighthouses.

Nat's mom - isn't a bat mitzvah celebration a huge food feast.

Debbie - Going to a farmers market is great. Ours sucks at the moment, they are selling peppers and tomatoes, like those are in season now.

we had to go to the west end of the city this morning and the highway was closed because some cows got loose out of a trailer truck. So a major highway was closed while they did a roundup, we heard on the news that two were still on the loose. After about an hour in traffic, made it to the closest exit and turned around to come back home.
Still need to plant my cherry tomatoes and peppers. The earth is very wet so maybe will accomplish this tomorrow.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning! Just got a reminder from my friend that two weeks from today Rob and John's wedding will be over! I have two weeks to lose a pound or two to feel comfy in my dress. Yikes!

Another busy day ahead with Church and then the dance this afternoon. The Mill is also in full operation - we got the gremlins out of the machinery yesterday morning and were able to grind flour to sell. Today we will be selling bread made from that flour. A local caterer baked overnight!

The weather is looking good for next week so the Village planters will definitely get planted. The Township handles the watering starting June 1 so the timing is great!

I hope your Sunday is full of friends, flowers and fun.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

So... after weeks of being so good with baking, I finally got into the party food last night as it was thawing. I actually like a few things better frozen and that is what did me in. Funny how things taste great that first bite, but then I realize the taste really isn't as satisfying as eating well and knowing I've stayed on track.

The party starts at 2 and I have a lot of last minute stuff to do today. I'm going to try to squeeze in a short cardio bout if I'm not too distracted. Can't wait until its over!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning! Jake hit the wrong button on the coffee maker, so I'm still waiting for my first cup of coffee. It's pretty hazy and overcast but the weatherman is promising that the sun will make it's appearance soon for another sunny day.

I have to make macaroni salad for tomorrow, and decide what to have for dinner today since all the kids will be here. Monica and Carley are driving out right after church and Eric is coming out on the train after his last show this evening. We'll have a full house for the next two days.

Coffee's ready! I'm going to enjoy it while it's still peaceful and quiet around here.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just finished making a pot of coffee and now I'm listening to the birds and enjoying my first cup. It's another mellow day around here. I think Mom wants to go for a walk "up back" and hit a couple of garden centers. Dad wants to go out for breakfast first. Such excitement

It feels like a perfect late spring day finally and I plan to relax and make the most of it. Enjoy yours whatever your plans!
Closed Thread