5 days in... cravings are easing quite a bit!

• Hi fellow chicks!
    I'm new to the forum and new to So Beach.
    I started this diet this past Saturday (yes, I know - WEIRD - but I knew I'd have heavy duty cravings and HEADACHES - and I was right!).. and I didn't want to deal with that while at my high stress job.

Anyway, I now have 5 days under my belt. I haven't weighed yet, but I can feel my tummy is flatter, and my energy level is definitely improved.
    However, I'm a bit BORED... I guess I just need to try some recipes? Any thoughts on how to conquer food boredom? (My internal monologue: "Eggs again?" "Another salad with meat and cheese?")
    I don't want to lapse back into my old habits... and really want to lose 12 lbs by 4th of July and think (KNOW!) I can do it.
    Any thoughts/tips/advice is appreciated!

• I'm moving this to the main area where you will probably get more responses. In the meantime check out the recipes and On Plan thread for ideas too. I always find it helpful to see what everyone else is eating
  • I couldn't do all the meat and salad either. Beans with cheese really helped and also yogurt and cottage cheese. Lots of good things you can add to yogurt and cottage cheese to change it up. Though I do like just plain old cinnamon and a packet of stevia to either. The two weeks at times were tough but you're almost there and it gets easier.
  • I felt the same way, BORED. It gets easier. You just need the time to wrap your mind around this diet. It'll start to gel, I promise. And the next thing you know you've lost 20 lbs feeling like you're not even trying. Love SB!
  • Welcome! Cyndi had some great advice for you. There are tons of ideas on here that should alleviate that boredom.
  • I love the recipes section! It makes my meals fun and exciting, since I have something to look forward to. Also, a small portion of leftovers or a non breakfast food is great for breakfast... I get sick of eggs too
  • My breakfast is in the car every morning, so I get the Atkins or Advant-Edge brands low-carb protein shakes. Pretty tasty, and might break up the egg routine. I agree with all the other posters - check out the recipe section, have savory items for breakfast, and definitely try the mock french toast (delish!).