South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, everybody. Hope you're having a good day so far. Thought I'd come back and do some personals since I've been REALLY REALLY slack about it lately.

FassGal - Thank you to you and your team for raising $3000 for Autism!!! My bestfriend's 10 year old son was diagnosed 6 years ago and we walk every year for him. I see the struggles she goes through having an Autistic child not to mention being judged for her child's behavior by people who are either ignorant or just won't take the time to try to understand it. I'm very thankful for people out there like you and your team who will take the time out of their schedule to help out such a worthy cause.

Ruth - I'm guessing, like me, you're not much of a country music fan. I knew it would be a lackluster finale for me given both finalists are from the country genre. I'm definitely more into The Voice this year...and not just b/c it's an hour a week I can spend drooling over Adam Levine (although that doesn't hurt, LOL). I am SO w/ you on having been a little slack on the gym lately...it's been hard pushing myself back to my normal routine, but I think I've just about got it now.

Cyndi - Glad to hear Phase I is going well for you!!!

Lexxiss - Wow...sounds like you've got a lot to deal w/ as far as your garden goes. Good luck w/ it!!!

K9Owner - I agree w/ everybody else's advice. Start your Phase I now and then just resume like you're just starting when you get back. Enjoy your trip!!!

Mmckellen - I know it's hard and I would probably feel as tortured as you do BUT you have to remember that you are doing this for your financial stability and, right now, that's the only person you can worry about.

Cottage - Hope you enjoyed your time w/ your son...that's nice that he stops by to have coffee sometimes.

kmac - So sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers and wishes for your hubby's heart condition AND your shin splints. My goodness, it's not a very good time for you lately, is it???

WaistingTime - You haven't missed much as far as Idol goes. I was very disappointed w/ this season. Not to say that the kids aren't talented...it's just not my thing. Plus Scotty is such a cutie and looking at him makes me feel like a dirty old woman now that I know he's only 17. EEK!!! I wish I had gotten a chance to watch Oprah today...I hate I had to miss it. I did watch yesterday, though, and enjoyed it.

FurnaceOfAchievement - Awww, that was very sweet of you to say. Thank you. I'm glad you finally jumped in!!! Welcome to the site. When I started my exercise regimen I was walking 1 mile on the treadmill and doing 3 minutes on the elliptical at level 1 (which I referred to as "the devil machine") plus a 2 minute cooldown. Working up to more is THE BEST way to do it. I gradually increased it to 10 minutes on the elliptical, then 20, then 30, then 40, then 60...once I got that down I moved my levels up until I finally reached level 10. It WILL come w/ time, I promise.

Pearlrose - Sorry to hear about your niece's delay in graduation. Stay sae...hope the tornadoes miss you guys!!!
Closed Thread