SBD Daily Chat, Thurs. May 19

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning

I thought your thread was very nice yesterday, Heidi, but I thought I'd save you the process this morning since I'm having a stretch of insomnia. Hopefully by the time everyone is reading this I'll be back in bed.

Our forecast is for days of drizzle but it's been dry in the mornings. I'm hoping to get out for a bike ride and walk the pups before it starts again. Nothing too exciting to report here.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Thank you very, very much Debbie!
    I hope you're sleeping peacefully now and dreaming of sunny days, bike rides and other pleasant things.

Not much new here today. It's raining again, but I've got my fingers crossed for breaks in the rain at recess time. We've been amazingly blessed this week - the rain tapered off for morning and noon recesses all 3 days!

Enjoy your Thursday friends.
  • Good morning Well at least it was pouring when we got up this morning so no ambivalence about an early walk. We went out twice yesterday and got rained on both times, soaked the second time. I have to admit the rain is starting to get to us. Hey, at least we aren't camping (that happened a few years ago).

In healthy habits news I am doing at least one full week of Phase 1 starting Monday. It's not that I've eaten a lot off plan, I've just eaten a lot and more than my usual servings of grains. I can already feel the cravings creeping up so time to nip them in the bud.

Debbie - Hope you are sleeping soundly now. I was actually up about the same time but resisting booting up the computer.

Heidi - hope you get out again today. Recess makes the whole day better (I should remember that on work days!).

I hear the sound of coffee being done. Happy Thursday Chicks and Ducks
  • Sleep well, Debbie!

Heidi, it's good that you've been able to get the kids outside for recess despite this very rainy week. A little fresh air goes a long way to improving everyone's disposition.

More of the same here today, but I think it's supposed to clear out by the week's end. We're all pretty weary of it.
    I'm hoping to do some gardening this morning. The girls haven't been able to get their tomatoes and peppers planted since it's always raining after school, so I told them I'd try to get them planted today. I'll take along a change of clothes with me, since Audrey has her orchestra concert this afternoon.
  • Good morning... another day closer to graduation here.

Yesterday we played tour guides with my son's visiting friend. Not sure what they'll do today but it is certainly cutting into my exercising! Oh well. I need to get to the store to buy more baking supplies. And then get back to baking. Last finals today for my teen.

Debbie - our forecast is similar, chances of rain for days. We had thunderstorms in the wee morning hours that woke me up. I hate riding when the trails are wet. Hope you get your outside time in.

Heidi - Yahoo for recess! My teen goes back to his elementary school today; it is for graduating seniors to revisit. I wonder if his kindergarten teacher is still there?

Cyndi - Funny how for some of us those grains can do that. And others can eat them no problem. Hope you get some nice weather later.

Linda - What instrument does she play?

Have a great day everyone.
  • ** Groan! *** More rain again. I am not very chatty so will drown my mood in more coffee since I'm feeling old and crabby this morning.
  • Cyndi, it sounds like you're trying to make the most of your vacation and have fun, despite the rain. And at least you can enjoy your new raincoat. Are you spotting a nice variety of birds?

Karen, Audrey plays violin in her school orchestra, and she's pretty good at it. That's pretty neat that your son gets to go back and revisit his elementary school. I bet the teachers enjoy seeing their former pupils, too.

Ruth, we're all pretty crabby around here with this crappy weather, too. Maybe we should all just resign ourselves to planting rice, eh?
  • I'm with Ruth! It's not April (and everyone else) anymore, rain rain go AWAY!!!!

• Got some rest now it's time to rush around and get everyone ready!

Have a great day everyone. It looks like the rain has paused long enough to get the pups out for a walk.
  • Hello,

I am back, still waiting to see if I passed my exam need to so I can move on to next class in a couple of weeks.

My lower back is still killing me and now seems like it is affecting urinary tract so I made an appointment with the doc for this afternoon to see what's up. Motrin is not helping this time around and it normally does the trick.

Sounds like everyone is doing well
  • It was rainy in San Diego for the past two days. Hi ladies!
  • Good afternoon ladies if any of you check back in. Guess we are finally one of the lucky ones who doesn't have rain today. Half clouds, half sunshine with a breeze but I'll talke it. I went out first thing this morning and got quite a bit of weedeating done before my arms gave out. Plan on hitting it again tomorrow. This time of year there is always some that need cutting.

We just finished giving our bulldog a bath. He is really good about it but I need DH to help by lifting him in and out of the tub. Then I took him out in the yard for a while so the sun could help dry him. Now in a while, I plan on giving him a good rub with the sticky tape (which he absolutely loves) to get the loose hairs off. What a spoiled rotten little bulldog he is!

DH got up on the roof and blew off all the leaves and sticks. It worries me so when he does that at his age.

Well, think it is time for a good hot shower for me and then may lay out and baste a quilt if I don't get lazy. Later
  • TallandThin, I check back in...sometimes I'm just too tired to compose sentences, so I read anyway. I have a tired hour or two in the afternoon but try not to nap since I have a hard time sleeping at night.

Pearlrose, I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Hello ladies

We have been in a drought here, but are forecasted for rain tomorrow. Send some of your rain my way! Sorry you are having sleeping troubles Debbie. It sounds like most everyone else is having a good day. My day started off great with some whole wheat pancakes and SF maple syrup. Yummy!
  • TallandThin - I check back in most evenings, too. I'm just too lazy - er busy to post in the evenings.