3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Baby Star Update!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/233293-baby-star-update.html)

Kim_Star060404 05-15-2011 02:58 PM

Baby Star Update!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven't been around to update you on our progress, but making a baby is tiring work!!!

Things are going really well here. Today I am officially 27 weeks pregnant, so I'll be in week 28 tomorrow, which means we're 2/3 of the way there. Our little girl is growing and progressing beautifully. We are going on a two-week family vacation starting next weekend and we'll be near a big city so I made an appointment for an elective 3D ultrasound while we're there! I'm hoping she cooperates and that we'll be able to see her little face!!

I'm doing fairly well. I am having to watch my weight to make sure I don't gain too much, but following SB Phase "2.5" is helping me do that. Because of my weight/family history, I took the screening for gestational diabetes at 24 weeks and passed, but I will be taking it again this Friday just to be on the safe side.

We have decided to name our little girl "Leilani Crystal". "Lei" can mean flower or gift and "Lani" means heaven, so to us her first name means "gift from Heaven". We were adamant about picking a Hawaiian or Japanese first name for her so that that part of here ethnicity was front and center. (She is going to look Hispanic and have a Hispanic last name, so we figure that part of her will be obvious.) "Crystal" is the name of Jason's little sister that passed away last May 28 and is in honor of her.

We can't wait to meet Leilani, but will definitely be patient. I know of 5 other babies due in August that have already been born, 2 little angels that didn't make it and 3 that are fighting hard, so we know every day she stays inside is a blessing.

That picture of me was this morning and I can't believe how big I've gotten!! She's been kicking and moving everywhere and I'm just loving being pregnant. (The fact that this has been an "easy" pregnancy so far with little morning sickness, no intense cravings or aversions, and VERY minor aches or pains definitely helps!)

I hope you're all well and I am looking forward to this little girl being born so I can jump back on the full SB wagon and catch up with you!!

WaistingTime 05-15-2011 03:05 PM

I love the story and meaning behind her name:)

Lexxiss 05-15-2011 03:11 PM

Hi Kim,

It's great to hear from you and you look fantastic! I didn't realize your Hawaiian heritage...we have long time family in Hawaii. I know Leilani's but did not know the meaning. It's beautiful!

Best wishes!

cottagebythesea 05-15-2011 07:37 PM

Thanks for checking in and the update, Kim! I'm happy to hear all is well and you're feeling good. Leilani is a beautiful name.

TwynnB 05-16-2011 08:32 AM

You look beautiful Kim, and we are oh-so-happy for you. What a gift!!

Heidi58 05-17-2011 06:12 AM

Thank you for the update Kim - and the photo! :) You look terrific. Leilani Crystal is a lovely name, with beautiful meaning.

Have a great vacation!

AKBremer7608 05-17-2011 10:47 AM

Enjoy it.... :)

Enjoy every minute of that pregnancy! I had my daughter at 26 weeks! 2 lb. 4 oz. and now she is a very sassy 2 year old. I had to be put on a low fat diet since I had gallbladder problems, of course my son was born on his due date, go figure! lol! Take care!

Pearlrose 05-19-2011 01:07 PM

Thanks for the update Kim- You look great and what a wonderful name you have picked out. Can't wait to see a picture of her when she is born. Take care

Kim_Star060404 05-19-2011 02:32 PM

Thank you, everyone!