No longer a BARLEY virgin!

• I just had my Indian with barley instead of rice and it was so damn good. This diet rules.
    On the down side, I saw whole wheat naan at Whole Foods and was so excited until I saw that the second ingredient is enriched flour! So lame. What gives? Gonna have to learn how to make it myself!
  • Naan is super easy to make. Give it a shot!

Brown basmati is a favorite around here with Indian and Thai food. Most supermarkets carry it and it cooks the same as regular brown rice but has that sweet basmati flavor!

We had chicken korma tonight, which was amazing. My husband and kids had brown basmati with it and I ate mine on top of wilted spinach.
  • Indian food is my absolute favorite, and barley is so satisfying! Zeffryn-what's your korma recipe? I haven't tried making my own yet, even though it is my second favorite Indian dish.
  • Yeah I second wanting indian recipes. Don't forget the naan one!
  • I want the korma recipe too! I always see you eat this and I LOVE korma.
  • MMC - LOL, I know you keep seeing it on my menu but I really have just been bumping it from day to day.

I don't have a recipe put together yet. It is sort of a compilation of other recipes. When I get it written up, I'll post it here.
  • This is the naan recipe I use. I usually use whole wheat pastry flour. the sugar is necessary for the yeast to rise - feel free to sub in a more natural form of sugar (i've used honey, evap. cane juice and palm sugar with decent results) but don't use splenda or a sugar substitute. It won't have a good texture. There is only 1/2 T. in the entire recipe so I don't consider it that big of a deal.

http://www.monsoonspice.com/2009/04/...lthier-me.html
  • Thanks girl!!
  • I keep misreading this thread title as "No longer BARELY a virgin."