South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Tuesday, April 26

Good morning everyone,
Wow, it is supposed to get up to 80 here today! Although I'll take the warm weather, a more gradual increase would be nice. Today is the last day of school vacation, back to the routine tomorrow. My son won't be pleased, but hey...what can you do. I actually also find the school vacations restful as homework is such a struggle.

This week I am so into just laying low and staying on plan. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted from the last couple of weeks of our household routine being upended by vacation and two episodes of illness. We are going on vacation in 2.5 weeks and I'm psyched - I want to go with a clean mind and body because I know I'll cheat when I'm away.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Matilda, and those to come.

It did make it to 80 here yesterday, and today is more of the same. It does feel good, but a gradual increase would make it easier to get used to. We slept with all the upstairs windows wide open last night, trying to catch a breeze. The girls were not happy their vacation was over yesterday, but when we got back after piano lessons, they still had a little time to ride bikes before supper, and Maggie finally mastered her two-wheeler. She had had a bad fall while learning to ride her bike last year and refused to get on it until now. She even called me last night after I had gone home, telling me she and Audrey rode their bikes after supper until it was time to get ready for bed.

More chasing after the guys today with the dustcloth. At least the noise level won't be so bad, as they are finally done jackhammering the old slate floor.

TallandThin, I've been thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Sophie, it's good to see you back!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Seriously, 80? I'm near Cape Cod and we won't see 80 for a while yet! Would be nice though. Im looking at fog today. Mathilda....My kids went back yesterday and I like the break from routine but it's nice to get it back,too!
Cottage...I hate projects in my house. I'm sure it will be lovely when it's done but I can't stand the chaos before...good luck!!!

What is up with T&T? Are prayers needed...she has mine for sure. I'll go back and read yesterday.

Good morning to everyone I missed! Day off today from work so heading out with DH to shop and lunch...doing couch to 5k this morning...week 5 day 1!!! Then baseball game tonight for my son...busy busy!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

MMCK - no kidding on the 80 degrees. I didn't believe it! At least here it was low humidity, so not horrible.

Cottage - YAY for the girls on their bikes!! LOL....good exercise chasing those men

KMAC - Having fun on the C25K?! Most of the time, I enjoy running. Sometimes, not so much!!

Despite the 80 degree weather, I went on a trail run yesterday , poor pup had to stay home. Love going in the mountains, but kicks my butt! I am proud of myself for staying on 1.5 yesterday!!

Whoa....gotta start throwing lunch together and getting the kiddos going. Going to go on a quick run after they get on the bus. Have a great day!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Matilda - I like the "no homework" part of vacation too. Where are you going on the next trip?

Linda - I wonder when I evolved from that joy at riding a bike to it being another form of exercise

Kristen - Week 5 - good for you! Enjoy your day.

Twynn - Hot weather for running. I'd like some nice spring days.

Maybe today will finally be the day that DH and I get back on our bikes. I think we are supposed to get a break from the rain and reasonable temps. The elliptical and treadmill are getting very boring. Eating is good but I think I need to cut back a bit on my snacking, even though it is OP. I have lots and lots of social eating coming next month and really want to drop a couple of pounds before that and then keep it off!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Nothing like 80 around here either but at least the moisture is rain not that other thing we saw Saturday

Mathilda- We are going on vacation the same week. Of course I still need to make a reservation. Here's to two weeks of on plan eating and routine.

Cottage - How exciting for Maggie! Do you have a bike too?

Kristen - Enjoy your day off

Twynn - Enjoy your run. Mountain running sounds just perfect.

Another day of phone banking for me. This has to be the most boring task I can think of. I know there are worse but this is pretty darned dull. It's so rainy and wet I can't even get out for a walk to take a break. Yesterday I hooped for 20 minutes to break the day up. We are encouraged to take a break after every hour, and I do.

The starlings seem to be building a nest over the kitchen window and the cats are losing their minds. It's going to be a long few weeks!

ETA - Karen - Hope you get on the bikes today. I know what you mean, I'm glad I have inside options but I really miss outdoor exercising

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-26-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I use one of Cindy's bikes when I'm at the farm, but the seat leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm never on it very long. I must remind her to let me replace that seat for a more comfortable one.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm feeling very tired so am going to head back to bed with a book for a while. The dogs will join me - they love naps on a rainy day!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Another no-bike day here, but the rain IS much needed. I'm amazed at the hot days you're having back East. I wish I could kick this darn cold...it's getting old. I've been using the rowing machine instead of biking and I'll go to water aerobics afterward. Nothing else too special...

I went to Penneys and brought home 5 pairs of jeans yesterday....all size 14. They all fit! I'll pick two pair to keep for now since I certainly don't plan to stay in them...but I need something to wear! All my standby nice pants look just awful now..kinda like gunny sacks. I think my past few months of dedication to alternating exercises and logging my food may be finally having an effect on my belly and chest which both seem to be getting smaller. Yay!

ETA-Ruth, get some rest and start feeling better!

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-26-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats Lexiss!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thx, Tammy!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

wow, nice weather from some of you chicks, rain here for the next two days.

Mmc - how great that you are getting a holiday.

Cottage - thanks for the welcome back, those girls are go lucky to have you.

Cyndi - good for you for taking a break, you can do much better work that way.

Karen - hope you get to use your bike today and social eating coming up is stressful.

Ruth - big party last night, eh.

Twynn - have a nice day

Debbie - congratulations, on the new size, its great.

Me - after I make my lentil soup going to go walk the mall (its raining) and we are picking up our new barbecue. Can't wait to start grilling, less pots and pans that way. Also, trying to figure out what to make for a potluck, maybe an eggplant lasagna, always wanted to try making one, so what if no body else likes it.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!! I am looking forward to a wonderful day again here - great sunshine, blue skies, and the end of the school year approaches. Spring Break was a great time with kids and mom - regardless of the termites and carpenter ants . . . yeah nature!

T&T - many thoughts and prayers.

Mantra for the day: be sure to be kinder than you need to be to those around you - you never know what pain they carry.
Be well -
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me!!! Eat op all day yesterday whewhoo!!! lol

Debbie- congratulations on the NSV

Bea- Great Mantra- I think I will use that myself

Tonite- DD1 has soccer game but it is 35 miles opposite direction from home so 70 miles from work and I am supposed to be going to Awana tonite. I think Awana is going to win and I will go to tournament tomorrow nite instead.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good afternoon my friends. Just stopping by long enough to thank you all for the good wishes and to let you know that I'm doing ok. Met with my Cardiologist yesterday and we think we are going to try another cardioversion but my blood isn't thin enough right now so I'm just going to have to be patient and take it easy for a week or so. In the meantime, he is going to confer with other docs to see if they agree on the conversion and can come up with a plan for further treatment.

For those of you with the temps in the 80's, enjoy. We just had to build yet another fire in the woodstove. Will Spring/Summer ever get here?

Linda, I can just hear the excitement in Maggie's voice when she called you.

Cyndi, I had to laugh when you mentioned hooping. A few weeks ago, I bought a hoop thinking I would add something different to my routine and can't get the hang of it for the life of me! That darn thing dropped to the floor each time I tried it! Had just about given up but may hang onto it until I feel better and try a few more times. I think it would be fun if I can just get it going .

Debbie, congrats on the size 14's! What a great feeling that must have been trying them on and finding that they all fit. Proud of you. Kick that old cold in the butt girl.

Ruth, hope you are alright. It's not like you to be tired.

Never thought I would say this, but I am missing being able to walk. But hope I'll be able to real soon and in the meantime, I'm staying on plan and trying to be positive. After all, there are a whole lot worse things that could be wrong.

Hope you all find enough will power today to stay on plan. Later
Closed Thread