South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #106  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Ash.. i bought the books already its The last sacrafice, night star and burned. The theory in buying it and having it sit on my shelf was to tourture me in hurring to lose the weight.... it didnt work. Im very much into the whole fantasy, vampires, love books. I absolutly love harry potter lol i cant wait to see the last movie.

I understand how quickly your goals change but praise yourself for getting to the first goal. I was excited when i 1st got into the 280 the first insentive i bought was eyeshadow. Do you have a bribe for yourself to lose weight? It helps me.. sometimes..

So far so good im on point with calories. Im also planing on going walking for 2 miles with my sisiter...

Last edited by TIARA; 05-20-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #107  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Hello ladies i didnt get my exercise in but i did manage to make the phase 1 pb cookies. i made 2 batches the original and the other one i added rootbeer extract it came out really well with just a hint of rb.. I had 4 but it was small one recipie made 24 and at 68 calories per cookie its not that bad. I put the rest in the freezer and will have them as my dessert for many nights to come thats if the people in my house dont get to it first... lol take care..
Old 05-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Tiara- The cookies sound great! Yesterday I had students offer me ice cream sundaes, donuts, cookies and cupcakes. It is getting easier and easier to turn them down, but I think having things around that are on plan (like the cookies you are putting in the freezer) makes things a lot easier. Nice job!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:32 AM   #109  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Rachael.... My sister hates the cookies (she would rather the original )which work out in my favor lol... at least i know i will still have them when i want them..

My sister and i went on a late night food shopping. i grabed some things that are low calorie and sb phase 1 approved to try. I must say lf cottage cheese looks scary but it isnt so bad. i put it in a turky slice and had it as a roll up.
One thing ive learned about being on this diet is you have to be creative. I have made tuna omelet, scarmble eggs and peanut butter, tuna and peanuts, and some other crazy ideas and i must say they dont taste too bad. It grosses my sister out which is always a plus but at the end of the day i enjoy it and its on plan.

My plan for 2mo is to walk the 2 miles im been dreading.. lol

Miss you Ash. Daniellle, Blondie, and Tawney hope your all okay and being good....
Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies, happy Monday!

Tiara - Those are some brave food combinations! I'm particularly curious to hear how you liked scrambled eggs and peanut butter (and what inspired that pairing in the first place!). I'm glad to hear your sister won't be stealing your pb cookies, but I don't think I could limit myself to just one serving of those - too dangerous for my house! And in terms of gifts, I absolutely do! In fact, the day before I finished day two, I bought an arm band for my iPod, gift wrapped it with some old wrapping paper, and then unwrapped it the next day as a literal present for myself for getting through phase 1, lol. Dorky I know, but it was fun! I've done some other things like nail polish and a pair of too-small jeans that I'm getting closer to fitting into! I also really want to treat myself at some point to one of those really nifty water bottles that has a water purifier in it (like a Brita jug, but in water bottle form).

Rachael - Way to go turning down all of those temptations! Glad to hear everything's going well!

Danielle, Tawnya, Blondie - miss you guys!

As for me, yesterday was fantastic! Had my third 5K in three weeks, this one down in NYC. It was really overcast, but the rain stayed away for the most part and it was a really great race. And I improved my best time by another two minutes! My next race isn't for another 5 weeks, but I'm hoping to take another minute off my time by then.

I just wish it wasn't Monday, I don't feel like working today. Between not getting enough sleep and feeling sore from the run and some arm exercises over the weekend, I don't want to get out of bed, lol. But hopefully it'll be a good day overall - and have to remember to call my mom and wish her a happy birthday today!

And for the end of my ramble...I hope it goes unsaid, but wanted to actually say thank you for all the help in this thread. It's been a great place for me to come vent and get inspiration when I'm down, as well as to share the excitement of the victories. You guys have affected my journey more than you realize! So thanks for being there!

Okay, done with the cheesy now!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Happy Monday to you all. Back on Track today.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #112  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

blondie.. good for you for being good today... ive been at the starting point many times.

Ash.. lol.. it was an accident really. I usually just ate peanut butter by itself off the spoon but that morning i had it with eggs . I must say it wasnt bad..Thoes are all good things to start with. Like i said it doesnt have to cost a lot and you have to keep the promise to yourself that use your present before you hit your goal. Once i made a goal to dye my hair which i must do every month due to my white hair(blush) lol but i wasnt able to accomplish that goal and i had no choice but to walk around for a few more weeks till i hit it.. Also when i gain back some weight i made myself give up the gift which was a pendent till i wa able to meet the goal again. you dont have to be so strick its just something i do..lol..
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #113  

Hey Blondie, glad you're feeling back on track! Keep it up!

Tiara, that's smart, rewards that you have to earn like that (and I'm sure it was quick incentive not getting to dye your hair until you reached your goal, lol!). I like to do rewards, but I tend to do them for staying on plan for a certain amount of time rather than what the scale says. As-of Friday I will have been on this plan for six weeks, so I may reward myself with one of those Brita water bottles I keep seeing commercials for...I have no idea how much they cost, but they look awesome).

Anyway, not too much else to report here, off to work shortly! Have a good day ladies!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #114  

It's been so quiet in here...where did everybody go? Hope everyone is doing alright, always here for support!

As for me, a little frustrated today. From a health perspective, I have shin splints in my left leg from all the jogging I've been doing (compared to NO exercise six weeks ago, I guess it was bound to happen)...all website recommend avoiding running for 3 weeks to let it heal, but I have a big race in 4 weeks that I still want to train for, so I'm a little torn...I think I'll stick to the elliptical and ice the leg for the next few days, then see how it's feeling.

And on a non-health topic...was driving to work today on a major road where they're doing some construction...apparently someone was being careless, because they left a huge bolt and washer in the middle of the road, which I managed to run over and get imbedded in my tire. So I had to take a half day at work to get that fixed, and now I'm poor, lol...

Otherwise, things are going well....at my WW meeting yesterday I got my keychain for having lost 10% of my starting weight, and also a charm for losing 25 lbs! So that was certainly a fun meeting

So ladies, what's everyone got planned for Memorial Day Weekend?!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Congrats on 10% and 25lbs! Thats a huge accomplishment. My plans are to drive from Phoenix to New York...with all of the animals. Nothing aside from that, though I don't see how anyone could fit in anything else LOL. I have been doing well, though yesterday I went to Yogurtland and got their no sugar added flavor (about 1/2 a cup) and covered it in berries. Weight was down today, so I don't think it really changed anything. I just have to keep in mind that as a RARE treat it is okay, but not as an everyday thing. Especially this early in the program.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #116  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

ash.. congrats on losing 10 percent thats awesome. My aunt is on ww and she loves it. What does your charm look like?
Ive been in your shoes with the care tire trouble. Last month i was ever so luck to find an allen wrench in my tire. Oh girl that big thing jamed its way in my tire . Im so lucky they were able to just pluge the whole instead of having to replace the tire which i just bought brand new a few months earlier.
hope you leg feels better. I just got my TOM today and its killing me. It explains the .6 weight gain and crazy lower back ache. So for today im excusing myself from exercise.

Racheal.. Treat yourself . Your right you dont do it everyday so its a nice change once in a while. I had a sb bar today its 110 calories and phase 2 but i stayed within my calories and it was still on plan day for me. GIrl i dont know how you plan to do the drive. It just sounds so far. Well seing as it only takes 2 hours to drive around my whole island. But ill be thinking of you. Will be hopeing you have no problems and clear skies along the way. You have to take a pic of your place when you get it settled.

I could have sworn i posted yesterday but i dont see it on here. maybe i did it in my dreams. Ive been having a hard time sleeping at night. dont know why??? I got my tat touched up and i m loving it all over again. My plans for monday is to spend it with family. I work a bit in the morning but after that ill be celebrating my brothers birthday. He will be turning sweet 16. lol Can you really say that for a boy? anyways he will be away on the actual day of his bday due to him starting a summer job so were celebrating it early. Every year he turns older i feel older , he's only 15 and yet hes way taller than me... im the shortest in my family at 5 5.. sad face.. But he's still my little brother..
Old 05-28-2011, 03:57 AM   #117  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Hey girls.. well on my walk today i came up with a plan. I want to walk 100 miles... not all at once mind you but collectively. im giveing myself the summer to accomplish this goal im starting today and have 98 miles left to go. I figure this will help motivate me to get more active... im excited. oh the things you come up with while walking... lol

hope you all are having a productive weekend... or did you get paid like i did today and did you all go shopping.. lol well hope to see you all soon.. chat with ya later..
Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #118  

Hey ladies, just checking-in briefly. Had some bad food last night, but ready to bounce back today! My Saturday should be pretty mellow, but tomorrow I'm headed down to NYC to meet up with friends I haven't seen since 8th grade (so like a decade!), so that's going to be bizarre. And on Monday I have a friend coming out from Minnesota to stay with me for the week...super-excited to see him, but he LOVES eating out...this will be a difficult week for me.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:23 AM   #119  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

hope you have fun with your friends ash..
Took a break from walking tonight. Have big plans 2mo but i have to work half day,, chat with ya all 2mo..
Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #120  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Hello ladies... miss you all hope all is okay...
Closed Thread