South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Ladies, where have y'all been hiding out today?!

Tawnya - Sorry to hear that you feel you're self-sabotaging...just keep in mind that all of us go through feelings like that during our journeys. Just enjoy the small victories and think about how much worse your diet and exercise would be if you weren't aiming to be on this plan (for example, I splurged and had a slice of thin crust pizza at an italian restaurant tonight...part of me feels guilty, but then I remind myself that I passed on bread and dessert, had a normal portion, and if I wasn't on the SBD I would've ordered some kind of pasta in a heavy cream sauce. So even though I didn't do perfectly today, it was a huge step up from where I would've been a month ago.

Danielle - Lol, crazy puppy lady....I've never had a pet aside from some goldfish so I can't fully relate, but most people seem to find that their dogs are almost like children to them, so I completely get how much you love your dog. Hope you're having a great day!

As for me, today was a pretty good day (as mentioned above it wasn't PERFECT, but a vast improvement from pre-SBD). I was out from 7am till 9:30pm today, so no exercise today (first day in forever...) so I think I'll put in an hour tomorrow instead of 30 minutes to catch up. I'm worried today's non-perfect diet, lack of exercise, and minimal water intake will haunt me on the scale tomorrow, but I'm determined not to let it get to me! And feeling much better after Tuesday's binge, though I'm going to try staying away from popcorn for a while, as I think that may be a trigger food for me.

Hope everyone had a beachy day!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

HI everyone,

Sorry that it has been a few days. I have been on and reading your posts but have not replied.

I am a crazy puppy lady too! I have a mutt who is a year and a half and a 9 month old Golden Retriever. They are my world (and they know it LOL). The good thing is that they are the reason I get any exercise...they need their walks

I have been on plan and what not, but feeling slightly flustered at the lack of change on the scale. I am reminding myself though that it is just about TOM (in a day or so) and I always retain water at this time. I just have to ignore the (much smaller than normal) cravings and know that the scale will be my friend again in about a week.

I was wondering, around when do you folks notice a loss in pants size? Mine feel exactly the same as they did when I weighed 236...and the scale now reads 217.

I did not get all of my veggies in yesterday, and probably the day before either but I am on the veggie track today. I had an entire can of green beans with breakfast. I am also going to have broccoli later. Do beans count as a veggie? I have been making the taco bake and eating it each day as one of my meals, normally dinner. I am going to make something else for next week as I don't want to get bored, but I have not been adding anything to that dish except putting it on a bed of lettuce.

I apologize for talking about me me me, but it is nice to go somewhere and think people might be listening LOL. This time in my life is a little hectic...my first teaching job is almost over and I am making a major move. I don't know how long I will be there as I plan on ending up in NY where I grew up, but I can't sign a teaching contract if I will be gone within a year. I do however, need a job. Ugh...just life LOL. I hope that everyone has a super day, and i promise that later today or tomorrow I will definitly comment on everyone else.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #93  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

good morning ladies.. have a good weekend ill check in when i get back ..
Old 05-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #94  

Hey ladies, hope everyone survived Friday the 13th (I'm blaming the cursed day for my 1 lb gain this morning, though it's more likely due to upcoming TOM...)

Rachael - The dogs sound adorable, and it's nice that they're a motivation to go out for walks In terms of the pant size question, I'm sure it varies by person. I've lost just under 20 pounds and I'm not seeing a huge change in pants fitting yet, but I am noticing big changes in button-down shirts that used to bulge like crazy. But I did buy a pair of jeans when I started a month ago that were way too small, and every Friday I try them on to see if I see much of a change. They're still not buttoning yet, but I can start to see they're getting closer! And I'm not sure about the bean question (other than green beans), but I'll admit I've been bad the past few days with getting enough vegetables. But between exercise, avoiding the wrong foods, getting enough water, AND normal life stuff, something is bound to be a little less than ideal.

Tiara - Have a great weekend, enjoy the time with your girlfriends!

Today was super-stressful at work, but I kept the eating under control and found time for an hour of exercise today, so hoping to be back in the right direction on the scale tomorrow.

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? I'm being a complete dork tomorrow morning and taking the MENSA test (which started as a joke which turned into a bet), so a friend and I will be spending the morning with a standardized test. I'm also going to a 3-person potluck tomorrow night (I'm in charge of entree and am bringing the P2 Almond Chicken I had succes with last weekend) and I know one person is bringing salad, so I can live off of that even if person #3 brings bad food. And Sunday I'm off for another 5K (though they're calling for rain and possibly thunderstorms...it won't stop me from doing the race, but I won't be disappointed if I don't improve from last weekend's time).

One random note before I sign off for the night...if any of you ladies like to read, I just finished the book Something Borrowed (I think it's by Emily Griffith, something like that) which was the basis for the movie currently in theaters under the same name...fantastic book! Haven't seen the movie yet, but will be doing so next weekend. But I couldn't put the book down, so that's my recommendation! Have a good night ladies!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #95  

Quick comment, I read the book over a year ago I think, but after it is a book called Something Blue, written from the perspective of the friend (not Rachael). It is good too
Old 05-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #96  

Oh really? I'll definitely have to check it out, thanks for letting me know!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 290/226/160

Height: 5'10

I feel like I also read that book awhile back. I'm excited to see the movie though, because it looks like a great cast.

Well I'm back. I have survived whatever was ailing me. I don't feel 100% yet, but I'm feeling good enough to go do something physical...I think I'll take a nice walk/jog before I go out with my dad tonight. (FYI: my dad called me and asked me what I was doing between 5-7 Saturday earlier this week. I said nothing and so now I'm roped into doing some mystery thing with him...literally no clue what we're doing.) Well the fiancée is making me an omelet and the coffee maker just beeped so I should go in the kitchen and pretend to help him. Check in with you ladies tomorrow! Hope everyone has a good day.

Ashley- You amaze me with these 5ks. My fiancée and I are considering doing one after the wedding.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Hey Ladies,

sorry I was MIA...Yesterday was my birthday so I took the day off and got myself a massage then spent the day with my boyfriend. I figured turning 30 on Friday the 13th warranted a day off!!!

thanks for the pep talk Ashley! I needed that. Good job on passing up the dessert and bread...i know that's hard

My friend is having a difficult time with alcohol right now so in support of her I told her I would give up Diet Dr Pepper with her...I know it's not the same, but I drink sometimes 2+ a day so its still a detox for me. People might not want to be around me next week! hahah

As for pant sizes and seeing a difference...I think everyone is different...I lost 25lbs and only went down 1 size....they usually say 10lbs=1size....i think thats a generality. I wear much smaller tops now(pear shaped) I lose all my weight from my upper body first before my lower so I get pretty bottom heavy. Dont get too discouraged though, everyone does it differently. Just keep pushing forward! it will come!!!

have a great weekend ladies! Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my boyfriend and his girls...he wasn't allowed to give me my gift until they were with him(they were at their mom's this weekend)...so cute!

keep up the good work!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #99  

Hey everyone, good morning!

Danielle - So glad that you're feeling better! Also, you'll have to let us know if this "mystery activity" with your dad last night was anything interesting, lol.

And you and your fiancee should definitely consider a 5K! The nice thing about them is that you can generally go whatever speed you want since people can usually run or walk these things. And for me, I'm a bit of a competitive person, so these races keep me motivated to beat my own best times (I did a half marathon - in Disney World! - last year and loved the spirit of the whole thing, but found 13.1 miles to be much too far for me to enjoy training for, lol), so 5Ks work well for me.

Tawyna - Happy belated birthday! A massage sounds like the perfect way to spend the day (especially on Friday the 13th, lol). And that's so nice of you to support your friend like that..I gave up soda for lent, and I totally hear you about that being a detox of itself (Diet Dr. Pepper was my drink of choice too!), so even though it's not the same as dealing with alcohol, I'm sure your friends appreciates feeling like they're not going it alone. Have fun today with your boyfriend and his girls!

So thank goodness I checked the info page for today's 5K...for some reason I thought it started at 8am, but actually doesn't start till 9:45am! And this race is 45 minutes away so it would've been pointless to turn around, so I'm glad I won't have to kill two hours in a parking lot, lol. It's supposed to rain this morning so I'm not expecting a great time during this run, but I'll run it regardless.

And my weight has been a little funny the past few days...the entire first month it moved very steadily in one direction, and now it's been jumping around between 233 and 231 the past few days...I think it's a combination of upcoming TOM, not getting enough water, and having a couple of BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) of things I shouldn't be. Still doing well overall, but I need to crack down on my eating a bit, I shouldn't be bending the rules this much for stuff that's not special occassions.

Anyway, have a great day ladies, cross your fingers for minimal rain up in the northeast this morning!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #100  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Hello ladies.. i had such a good time we decided to stay one more day. It was a blast i has little bit too much fun with the drinks and mid night eating i swear we didnt sleep till 4am. Im seriously detoxing my body of all the foos and drinks i consumed this weekend. But over all i enjoyed myself and got a tan..

Tawyna.. Happy belated birthday hope you enjoyed it..

Danielle.. im glad your feeling better.. let us know what you and your dad end up doing you got me curious..

Ashley.. dont worrie too much about the scale as long as you know your giving it your all the scale will soon show the results.

Rachael.. how are you doing?

ill check in with you all 2mo take care..

Last edited by TIARA; 05-17-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #101  

Hey Tiara, glad to hear you had such a fun weekend! Hopefully the detoxing isn't too painful, lol.

Danielle, Rachael, Tawnya, where you guys been hiding?!

So the 5K on Sunday was the most ridiculous thing ever....it was pouring rain until 5 minutes before the race started, and I was so thrilled it would be a pleasant run after all....until the race started and realized 90% wasn't on paved road, but rather on grass and dirt trails (at least, that's what they were before the rain turned them into rivers...). My shoes are STILL soaking wet, and at one point the water was so deep it was halfway between my ankle and knee. Needless to say this was not a new best time for me, but despite the conditions I actually did better than some of my times from last year, so I'm happy. And next weekend is the 5K in NYC which is all on paved, flat ground (woo hoo!), so that's one to look forward to.

And I weighed in this morning at 230, which means a loss of 20 lbs so far! I'm actually much more excited about hitting 229 than 230 because 229 was my first big mini-goal (haven't seen the 220s in at least two years) so very excited to see that on the scale, hopefully in the next couple of days. Finally got through most of the insanity at work yesterday, hopefully today won't be quite as bad as the past week.

Also, back to random reading recommendations (can you tell I love my eReader?), I read an entire book in 24 hours I thought it was so good...it's technically a young adult genre, but it's called The Hunger Games and I really recommend it. It's part of a trilogy so I've just started on the 2nd book and will probably rip through that one as well, lol.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #102  

Good Morning,

I have to be quick as I am leaving for work. I have not been on much as I am moving on the 28th...driving myself, the 2 dogs and 3 cats from AZ to NY....I am still working and trying to plan the trip and figure out what I am taking with me etc. I hope everyone is well! I am on plan and weighed 216 this morning...woo hoo!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #103  

Hey Rachael, what a long trip! You headed to the city or upstate New York? Excited about the move (never been to Phoenix myself, but I've spent many years in different parts of NY - pretty much all upstate - and love it up here). That's got to be stressful though, getting ready for such a big change! And congrats on the weigh-in, you'll have to update your tracker to celebrate! Your next goal of 207 is less than ten pounds away now!

Danielle, Tawyna, Tiara - hope everything's going well this week, and hope to hear from you ladies soon!

As for me, continuing to work hard, hoping to see the 220s very soon (maybe even tomorrow?! thinking positive thoughts!!!). Wishing the crappy weather would go away, but it sounds like it's sticking around until Sunday (but at least that's good timing for this weekend's 5K).

And, as I promised I would in my last post, I have already read the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series, very good stuff. But as I go along I'm a little shocked to realize this is a young adult series, as there's a fair amount of gore and death in this book. Only one book left in the trilogy for me to read, an I'm trying to pace myself...but who am I kidding, I'll probably be done with it by Friday...

Take care ladies, have a good day!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 AM   #104  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Rachael.. 216.. Thats so cool.. i will be posting my weight when its close to my lowest of 232. Which should be in about a week..

Ash.. good job for staying on plan . i found my motivation and have been doing well. I am currently making a list to do a big shopping trip to stock my house with more sb friendly phase 1 foods. since i used up the rest..

I understand the reading frenzy. When twilight seriers cames out i swear it all in a week. Of course thats all i did all day..lol I havent read the hunger series but i have a list of my own that im going through. I love the young adult books , i find it more intresting.

I did very well on plan today. Fougth with my mother, i swear no matter how old i get there is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. Thats why its better to see her when i absolutly have to. I feel she is one of thoes people you can only stand to be around for a few hours at a time any longer and youll go nutz. on the postive side im not letting this get me down i stuck to my plan and even walked away the anger..
Well hope to see the rest of you on here chat with ya later...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #105  

Way to go Tiara! My mom is a sensitive spot for me too, so I definitely know how hard it is not to react with bad eating habits. Well done walking away the anger, I'm very inspired And I admittedly love the young adult books as well...I love Twilight and Hunger Games (though I still have 2/3 of a book left in that series), and enjoyed Harry Potter a lot too, though to a lesser extent. By the way, I can't remember if I ever asked, I see your next miini-goal is for books, do you have specific ones picked out that you want?

So yesterday was the best day EVER, woke up at 228 (this morning was also equally brilliant because it didn't jump right back up to the 230s. SO HAPPY to be in the 220s, but it's funny how fast our goals can change (I was dying to get into the 220s, and already I'm getting super excited just thinking about the 210s, lol). Went to a poker night last night which I behaved during except for a few pretzels, and the night overall was loads of fun - except that I lost my money, lol. Today should just be work, errands, and relaxing with the rest of my book. Oh, and have to start figuring out the logistics for the 5K on Sunday which is in NYC, so have to figure out how to get from CT to the financial district of the city by 9am!

Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread