South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Great job ignoring the cake and rolls Tiara I have to admit I have avoided eating out or with others just because then I don't have to say no to anything. And you can call me Rachael I think lately I have been over-doing the sour cream. Having it with almost every meal, and not a tiny bit either. So I am not going to have any for today and try to have a little with one meal tomorrow.

D- Im sorry about your stomach ache, that really sucks. I hope today is better

I have to get some copies made, but I hope everyone has a great on plan day
Old 05-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 290/226/160

Height: 5'10

I got my ticker...and my tummy feels better! Great day! Hope everyone else is having a good day. I'm getting ready to go over to my grandparent's house to hang out with my grandpa so my grams can go run some errands and get out of the house.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies, happy Monday (as happy as a Monday can be anyway, lol...)

Tiara and Rachael, good for you two resisting those temptations! Cupcakes and eggrolls are probably two of my biggest weaknesses, so I definitely feel your pain. However, I bet it felt great afterwards knowing you'd resisted!

Danielle, sorry about your stomachache, but I'm glad it's feeling better today. And hooray about the ticker! We must have joined the same day, because mine just became available too!

Not much for me to report today...busy day at work, but still managed to get in 2 miles before work and another 1.5 miles (though very leisurely) this evening. Also excited about other 5Ks I've signed up for, so trying to pick up the pace on the workouts. Long day at the office tomorrow, but having both lunch and dinner with friends/co-workers, so I'll have to do some planning tonight!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Hey Ladies!! Can I join the buddy system??? I'm starting Phase 1...again, tomorrow. Just got back from the grocery store and all stocked up!!! I did pretty good on Phase 1 the first time, but lost momentum when I started Phase 2....gotta get after it....I have a beach vac/honeymoon(shhhhh we are eloping)hopefully this fall.....I'm hoping to drop 30 more lbs and down to a size 8/10....food has always been my issue. I love to work out, but in the same breath love food! i need to learn to love both the right way!!! Help!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #80  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Rachael.. Do you write down what you eat? That may help you keep track of your ups and downs. I write down what i eat and believe me it helps me be accountable when i weigh in.. which is everyday..lol
Ash... Your motivating me to keep up with my . I dont seem to have time. i know i know no excuses..lol im gonna try harder to get in an hour a day..
Danielle..Grandparents are truly a blessing... enjoy your time with them... Love the ticker... very pretty i think im gonna change mine too..
Tbucket... Just jump on in.. What can we call you? Eloping wow thats exciting... My sister said she would rather eloping than having the big wedding but i think id want to have a small gathering of friends and family.. Looking forward to chatting with ya through the ups and downs of sb....

I made myself a whole pan of turkey "meat loaf" It will get me through the next few days. It came out really yummy and moist. I also paired it with green beans .
For my exercise i cleaned.. Hey i count it as an exercise if i sweat. I really danny tanner aka ocd cleaned my room. I got rid of big clothes and made room in my closet for new clothes... I also rearranged my bed room it was a busy day. Im trying to keep my mind busy then i dont have time to think of other stressful things..
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #81  

Good Morning!!

Tiara, Thanks for the welcome. My name is Tawnya.

Good Job on the meat loaf! it's on of my favorites! I'm making turkey chile tonight for dinner and looking forward to it! I've come to realize I have to make my food flavorfull so I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything!

ummm...can you come Danny Tanner my house please?!? Im in the middle of buying a house and supposed to close the end of the month and my apt is disaster area!!! I need cleaning fairies!!!

well I"m going to dig into my cottage cheese breakfast! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #82  

Tawnya, welcome to the thread! How exciting about eloping, have you decided where you're going for the vacation/honeymoon?

Tiara, I am completely loving the Danny Tanner reference, lol! And good for you sticking with the boxing! And although an hour is great, don't feel bad for doing 30 or 20 or whatever number of minutes, it all helps! Most days I only do 30 minutes of exercise (this morning only 20 because I had to be at work earlier than usual), yesterday just happened to be such a beautiful day I ended up putting in about an hour.

Danielle and Rachael, hope you're both having a good morning!

Super-busy with work today, but packed a good lunch and am making Pizza Meat Pie (from the SB cookbook) with a friend tonight while watching Biggest Loser! I'll tell ya, one pleasant and unexpected side-effect of SBD is that I'm learning to cook! I've always been good at baking, but not comfortable with entrees...well I've been forced to get comfortable fast, lol!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #83  

Good morning ladies! Today is supposed to be a beautiful day here I'm just waiting fo the clouds to burn off. I've got a slow day on tap for work but afterward is going to be busy I have an optional networking event to go to and a baseball game I was invited to and I wanted to get some jogging in. We'll see how it goes. I'm torn on the optional networking event. I feel like I should go, but I also feel like it's going to be right after work I'm going to be hungry and there are going to be all sorts of off plan snacks there. I think I'll hold off and go to next month's event...but if my boss decides to go I'll probably go too.(Funny how that works. LOL)

Tawnya- Welcome!!! Eloping...gosh if I would have been smart we would have done that instead of this big shin dig we've got planned for September!

Rachael- I agree with Tiara, writing down what you eat really helps to see patterns. I use www.livestrong.com it lets me track my food and weight very easily and I can even pull up a chart that shows my weight over a period of time and my calorie intake over that same period of time. You can also input your exercise so you know how many calories you're burning. I absolutely love it. Might want to give it a try.

Tiara- I cleaned yesterday too and counted it as my exercise. I go a little crazy when I get the cleaning bug and I work up quite the sweat. Sometimes I think cleaning is more of a work out than working out. Especially when you do the floors!!! Also the turkey meatloaf sounds good. What do you put in it? My fiance loves meat loaf so I might make some up.

Ashley- You are just kicking butt on your exercise! How awesome!!! Also please share how the pizza meat pie turns out. I'm getting a little lazy with my cooking and just doing chicken and salad and that is the fastest way for things to go South for me. I need to get a little more motivated when it comes to cooking creative meals! Although I have had a sweet potato now that I'm in Ph.2 or Ph.1.5 or whatever it is!

Hope you ladies have a great (ON PLAN) day!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #84  

thanks for making me feel so welcome everyone! I'm excited to get this show on the road!!!

Hoping to get my exercise in after work today!! I have so much on my plate that most of the time it's exercise that gets pushed off...well, not anymore! If nothing else I'll start taking a walk at work. Might be inside the mall, since 100 degrees isnt very pleasent to walk in and then come back to work, but I'll get it done!! soemtiems we just need a little push!
Old 05-11-2011, 03:05 AM   #85  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Tawnya...I just fly things i like into my turkey loaf it varieys from time to time but in this recipie i used 2 ground turkeys 1440cal, zucchini 60cal,egg140cal onion 70cal =1710 calories divided by 8 (#of meals ) its only 214 per serving.. i also pair it with gbeans and mayo.. i must admit i miss the crackers that should be in there but it comes out very filling and moist. You can add your own mix depending on what you like but the egg help keeps it all binded.

Lol... Danny tanner is something my siblings and i call my mother. When she would get into her cleaning moods no one was safe i hate to admit its rubbed off on me.. Id love to help but im stuck in the middle of the ocean.. hahaThis is a good time to sweet talk the future hubby..lol

Ash.. Yeah i took your advice and i did 30min of boxing and 20 with the exercise ball..Your inspiring me to try new recipies. I am not an adventurous person so i usually stick to the same old stuff but thats why i get bored so easily... Im gonna check it out and hopfully try some stuff out.. The weather is not my friend nd i cant afford to get sick . My tattoo is healing nicely and im itching to go walking outside but i guess ill have to settle for the dreadmill...

Danielle. Love the new pic.. and the puppy. I really really want a puppy but sadly i dont have the room or funds for the one i want. So for now i just envy from afar..

Okay im off to search the web for new food ideas and start making my food list for the store. I cant wait till fri thats when ill be m.i.a. for 2 days while i am staying at a hotel with some friends. Do you guys have any low calorie alcoholic drinks that you like. I told myself im only gonna cheat on drinks but what i like aint so calorie friendly. I already scratched the pinocolada and dakories.. right now im thinking id be safe with just old malibu and diet soda.. any ideas would be a help.. thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #86  

So yesterday ended up being dangerous for me in terms of SBD...I think it was a combination of work stress and upcoming TOM, but I was at the grocery store yesterday afternoon and I had the sudden urge (and urge is an understatement) to buy a bag of chips or a loaf of garlic bread and just binge on them. I had to talk myself down a couple of times...first I compromised if I only got healthy stuff at the store, I could get a small french fry on the way home (at least it would be portion controlled)...and once I got in the car I told myself if I skipped the fries I could go have lots of popcorn at home...and that's what I ended up doing. It was the 94% fat free stuff, but I ended up consuming one large bag AND a mini bag of the popcorn. So even though it was healthier than a lot of the alternatives, it was still a binge and it freaked me out afterwards. I'll have to think on it more to really understand what triggered it, but I was almost disappointed when I was down a pound today, like I wanted to be punished for yesterday's bad behavior. Anyway, feels better to admit the binge, thanks for letting me start out with a vent.

Danielle - What a cute puppy! What's his/her name? And how did the networking event/baseball game go yesterday?

Tawnya - Hope the workout went well yesterday! When I lived at home my mom and I used to walk together in the mornings, and when the weather was bad (though at the opposite side of the spectrum of what you're talking about - loads of snow!) we would walk inside the mall. I always found it fun to look at the store fronts while walking around, but maybe that loses its novelty when you work at the mall, lol. Regardless, hope you got some fun exercise in yesterday!

Tiara - Awesome job on the workout yesterday, kicked my butt, lol! And good for you trying some new recipes. The pizza meat pie last night wasn't terrible (however it looked kinda nasty, never bring it to an event because it will scare everyone away), but my friend definitely liked it more than me. It's nice because this friend is being very supportive of my new lifestyle, so we do dinner 2-3 times a week where I cook a SB-friendly entree and she brings veggies and sugar-free jello. So far my favorites have been the P2 Almond Chicken, P1 Shrimp with Tomato, Garlic, and Basil, and (if you even really call this cooking) the P1 pancakes!

In terms of the drinks, I think red wine is certainly the ideal, but if you're on for a night on the town with your friends, that may not be what you're looking for. If you're preferring mixed drinks, I would do like a diet soda with alcohol would be good...and a website I was browsing had a good suggestion...it said if you're trying to lose weight while out drinking, alternate between a mixed drink and a diet soda, to help keep the calories down though you can always have a drink in hand. Have a fantastic time!

Rachael - Hope you're having a great week!

Well after all that I've shared just about everything, lol. It's my official weigh-in day today, down 4 pounds from last week. Fighting off some continued allergies, and today will be another INSANE day at work. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #87  

Good Morning!!!

Tiara, Thanks for the break down! I get an odd sense of satisifaction when I know how Low Cal my food is and how filling it can be at the same time! Its kind of like this little naugty secret you know and nobody else does. I ended up making turkey chile yesterday and it was soo good! I had to be sure and limit myself on my serving because I just wanted to keep eating it!!

Ashley-I did end up getting a little exercise in, although not as much as I would have liked. I ended up with a friend in need, but got some walking in.

I fee like I"m self sabotageing myself. Whether it be with food or skiping my workouts. I'm begining to get really frustrated with myself and then when I get frustrated I want to eat more. I just have to get my head right and just stick to it. When i did phase 1 the first time I did fantastic! 8lbs in 2 weeks and feeling great! I just cant seem to figure out why I keep letting myself down in all of this. It's really discouraging.

I hope you all are having a great day and let me know if you have any suggestions for me. I already write down my food...I actually have an APP for that hehe....and it keeps track of it all...also i know i need to cut down on my soda. Although it be diet, it still affects things.

Have a great Wednesday!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #88  

Tiara---Maybe if I just talk him into letting me come there, I could just leave the mess behind! hahah I think I like that idea!!

as for the drinks...well I dont drink but I have seen a few drink recipes out there...try looking on Hungrygirl.com....she has low carb and low call stuff. I have a few of her cookbooks! they are pretty awesome!!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #89  

Hey girls.

Well I think I was just assuming I found some hidden gluten when in actuality I caught the nasty flu going around my office. I was so hungry yesterday nothing seemed to satisfy me had a mini bag of popcorn (the low fat kind) and a diet soda and that seemed to do the trick until I got home from work and felt sicker than a dog. All that food I ate didn't stay in me long. (Sorry for the gory details!) So I am home today on the couch with my sugar free popsicles and netflix. Ball game was ok, my cousin turned a double play but didn't have to great of a night at the plate. My boss and I both agreed it was too nice to go to an after hours networking event and vowed we'd go next month.

Also my puppy's name is Remy. He's a year old Maltipoo. We got him for free from my previous boss who had a melt down when she decided to be a stay at home mom and bought Remy and his brother then realized she didn't have time for two puppies! So we got him when he was 10 weeks old. He's seriously the cutest most spoiled dog you'll ever meet. If there is a baby around he gets all insecure and has to be in my arms or my fiance's held just like a baby. We're hoping to break him of this habit in the next three years as we're hoping to start a family around that time. Remy absolutely makes our little family complete though. He's great but he is a lot of work and cost us some money when we first got him for all the vet visits and he was a little sickly. We've got pet insurance now though so he doesn't cost us too much!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #90  

Just read my last post.... I'm sorry I am the crazy puppy lady. Have a great day girls. I'm going to go get reacquainted with my bed.
Closed Thread