South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 290/226/160

Height: 5'10

Good morning ladies!!!

Well the scale is back down and I lost .6 from where I was stuck so I think I'll keep the downward momentum...hopefully I came home early yesterday and ate dinner didn't exercise and was asleep by 7:30. It was amazing. I think I was running on empty and that wasn't helping my weight loss. Also put on a pair of 15/16 jeans from Maurices this morning that were too snug when I bought them and now I need a smaller size! Hoooray!

Tiara, I also have a tattoo on the top of my left foot. The tattoo is a blue star. I love it! When I was 19 I worked as a nanny in East Hampton NY over the summer and while I was there the family I was working for and I went on trip to Virginia Beach and I went and got my tattoo while we were there. It was the first time I was away from home and there was a lot of family garbage going on at the same time so it just reminds me that I am strong and independent! Also I always have a lucky star to wish on

Ashley- Have lots of fun! And congrats on another pound down.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #47  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

This is my tatt... The reason i got the lotus flower is to remind me even though i may go through some challenging and dark times there will always be beauty and light at the end of the tunnel...

danielle.. love the blue star and the meaning.. It makes having a tattoo that much more meaningful when you have your own story behind it. I also have a crown and my middle name on my lower back.

My walk was fantastic i need to start with the arm exercising. I fell off a bit the other day i had dessert for my gpa 85th bday. It was calling my name and i gave in. Now i feel like im starting over. Oh well heres to starting phase 1 2mo.

Ash .. congrats on loseing.. you go girl.. keep going ..

My plan for 2mo is boxing and 1200 calorie with phase 1 .. good luck everyone i believe it should be the end of 2 weeks for some of you..

Last edited by TIARA; 04-30-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #48  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, that's beautiful! I've always wondered about that spot, how painful was it?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies!

Tiara - That tattoo is beautiful, and I really like the meaning behind it! I'm glad the walk went well, and the boxing sounds great! And I think the most important thing about a cheat is recognizing it and getting back on the wagon, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the cravings don't creep up on you.

Danielle, congrats on the scale going down and the smaller jeans! I intentionally bought a pair of jeans this week that are too small, and can't wait until I can fit into them!

So I have successfully completed Phase 1, despite all the temptation yesterday! They even put dessert platters right on our tables yesterday rather than buffet style like the rest of the meal. It was pure evil to just stare at them, but I behaved! So today is the first day of Phase 1.5, so today I plan to have some fruit at the reception for dessert, and a few sips of champagne for toasts. I was hoping to get an early work-out today, but it's way too cold outside and there's nowhere to work-out inside where I'm staying, so I guess I'll have to skip today.

Sore throat is gone this morning, but was dealing with a stuffy nose overnight and was nervous about the speech, so got the worst night of sleep ever, lol. So hopefully I'll still have some energy by the end of the day! Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #50  

Hey Ladies! So I've gone the route of allowing myself one cheat meal per week. Last night my fiance and I took my 9 year old cousin to dinner and he stayed the night (So much fun!). It may slow my weight loss down, but it will keep me sane. I am planning on staying on Phase 1 for another week (so I'll be there with you Tiara!!!) Scale was holding steady today. I took a 2 mile walk yesterday and today I am finally feeling less sore so I think I'll hit up Pilates today.

Tiara I love your tattoo! It's beautiful! Don't worry about a little cheat just hop back on!

Ashley! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

I'm off to go check out some garage sales. Hope you ladies have a great Saturday.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #51  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

hey ladies...

today went well. I started my boxing today i remember why i loved it. It helps with built up stress. I have a man dummy so its an actuall body i get to hit instead of one of thoes bags.

cyndim...it hurt a bit but only the outlining.. It took 2 hours to do but the guy who did it was awesome. Apparently when you get your foot tattooed it twiches. Due to all the nerves in your foot. I didnt do it on purpose but he was able to keep my tatt beautiful..

Ashley.. hope you feel better...And congrats for getting into phase 2.

Danielle.. okay lets do this weve done it before we just need to buckle down and stay true..
Slayrick.. miss ya girl..
im gonna go to sleep i work at 630 2mo and i need the sleep. take care and chat with yall 2mo...

Last edited by TIARA; 05-01-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #52  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ladies, there's lots of support and chat in the Daily Thread. Come and join us sometime. Just sayin' ...
Old 05-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #53  

Thanks for the invite Ruth...I've definitely lurked in those threads a bit, but everyone else already seemed so first-name basis already I felt like I was walking into the middle of a convesation. But gotta start somehwere, right? I'll make sure to look to those threads for support as well

Well ladies, I just made it back home from the wedding, and the weekend could not have been more PERFECT! Weather was gorgeous, the bride looked incredible, the venues were fantastic, and there were a lot of fun activities that made it into an entire weekend event. The only downside is that most of these activites revolved around food...so I ended up deciding to behave really well at all meals but the reception, and cut myself some slack there. So even at the rehearsal dinner Friday night and the farewell brunch this morning I followed the plan, and allowed myself to cheat a bit at the reception (and frankly, still a big improvement what I would've eaten at the reception without being mindful). So I had 2 glasses of wine for toasting, etc, a few bites of mashed potatoes with my dinner, a bite-sized dessert (I passed on the wedding cake and everything!) and two or three bite-sized appetizers that probably had some non SB-friendly items mixed in. So mainly just a few bites, which I'm proud of. However, to feel like I'm in control I've decided to get back on Phase 1 until the end of Wednesday so that I feel strong for entering Phase 1.5! But definitely interested to see what the scale says tomorrow, no idea how this weekend affected things....

Tiara, I'm glad you're loving the boxing, I'd imagine it would definitely help with stress (especially if you have someone in mind when you're hitting that dummy, lol!). And if your foot twitched at all when you got the tattoo, it absolutely doesn't show, the artist did a fantastic job!

Danielle, glad to hear the walks and pilates are going well, I still need to look into a pilates video...And looking for anything particular at the garages sales today? Those can be so hit-or-miss, but definitely have to be patient to find what's worth it.

Anyway, I'm going to go get in a 30-minute walk before figuring out dinner, then hopefully just getting life back to normal before heading back to work tomorrow! Have a lovely evening ladies!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #54  

Hi ladies! Gorgeous day today. Just popping in to say "Hi" getting ready to through some extra lean burgers on the grill! I'll post more tomorrow!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #55  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

ashley.. you did very well at staying true to sb even when temptation was all around. aww weddings are always fun even though i have never been to one can i just imagen all the fun and work that goes into one.

danielle.. yumm your dinner sounds yummy. Tonight steak is what i had for dinner and some veggies.

2mo im off so its off to the store to shop for some veggies and do a little clothes shopping. i dont normally shop for clothes(due to the fact that im trying to get out of the current weight im in) but i have a funeral and a bday party to atten and i have nothing appropriate to wear. oh well any reason to shop is a plus.

planning on boxing and doing some crunches i found my old exercise ball i pumped it up and will be using that. Youd be suprise at the things you find when you clean your room...lol
untill 2mo take care
Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Starting Over. Its Been A Long Time, But This Diet Works Best For Me Too. Here We Go Phase 1.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #57  

Hey Blondie! Welcome fill us in tell us a bit about yourself.

Hey girls! So my fiance and I sat down and discussed what we'd like to do in regards to South Beach. We've both been stuck for a week the scale moving around the same pound and a half every day. So we decided we'd do a phase 1.5 before moving into 2. I don't know if what we consider 1.5 what everyone else in the forum does but we're adding in Phase 2 friendly fruits and holding off on the starches for the time being. We're going to see if that helps our scale troubles. If not we've discussed more strict calorie counting with SB . I try to keep my calories under 1800 (recommended calories for my weight in order to lose 2lbs per week) right now but am considering dropping that number.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #58  

Tiara - Glad the exercise is going well, but sorry to hear about the funeral you're attending. Hope you found some nice clothes for your upcoming events and found that the SBD helped give things a better fit!

Blondie - Congrats on getting back to Phase 1, best of luck with your re-start.

Danielle - Glad to hear you and your boyfriend have found a plan that works for both of you, I'm sure the support helps you both to stay on plan. For me, Phase 1.5 is slowly adding fruits and grains so I'm not suddenly having 3 fruits and 3 grains per day, but I suppose it depends on each person. Also, try out different fruits, see which ones affect your weight and cravings the least.

As for me, I'm soooo ready to start on phase 1.5, lol. However, I'm glad I stuck to phase 1 for a couple of days to make sure the wedding didn't create any cravings. Did 30 minutes on the eliptical over my lunch break, and am doing dinner and The Biggest Loser with a friend again tonight (by the way, I know one of you mentioned they liked the Biggest Loser but hated how it dragged out....well now the episodes are only one hour instead of 2, so may be worth taking a look at). Hope everyone has a good evening!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Ok Well, I Have Struggled With Weight All My Life. Up And Down.mostly Heavy Though. I Am Sick Of Fighting It. I Decided To Try It One More Time Before I Get Weight Loss Surgery. I Live In A Little Town In Oklahoma. I Used To Live In California Until Bout 4 Years Ago. Its Hard Because There Seems To Be Nothing To Do Around Here. I Know That Is No Excuse But Its Hard To Get Motivated And Fresh Fruits And Veggies Seem Slim. Also No Gym Around. O And Depression Seems To Run Big Here.i Have To Do This Though, Through Jesus!!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #60  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Blondie.. Welcome.. its nice to have a new person in sb phase 1. lol ive recently started phase 1 again too and i must say its off to a great start. Ive over come one friends bday dinner temptation and have another to go. looking forward togeting to know you...

Danielle.. youve got to try things out to figure out what works for your body. For me personally i try to get 1200 calories a day. The first couple of days its hard due to the fact that im use to eating way more than that but over time your tummy doesnt rummble like it does that first week. lol

Ash.. Good for you knowing your limits i must admit i struggle with that.Hence why im back in phase 1. I found a perfect top. And i also got a bday top to attend my friends party. When i shop it gives me motivation to lose weight.

Today was a good day. Got some much needed things done. i didnt get in my exercise but oh well there is always 2mo.. chat with ya later..
Closed Thread