South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi and I Need some help

Hi I am new here
I have been on phase 1 for about a week now and getting ok results.I do feel alot healthier though and that is what matters most.

Anyway I am basically a vegetarian(I eat seafood every now and then). Because I can't eat most meats I need to get my protein from other sources therefore I have been eating alot of beans, lentils and nuts. I am worried that there are too many calories in beans and lentils and too much fat in nuts for me to be eating them everyday.

Is there something I can eat instead? Or do you guys think it is ok? Should I maybe start eating meat again while I am on this diet?

I would really appreciate it some advice.
Charlie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Charlie!

There are several of us vegetarians here successfully following this plan. The plan recommends that you start with 1/2 of beans as a serving, but you may have more than that if you prefer. I wouldn't be concerned about the calories in the beans, but you do have to limit nuts since they're high in calories. Check out the guidelines in the Phase 1 food list for the amount you may have for each type of nut.
I also get my protein from some vegetables, cheeses, and, occasionally, tofu.

I hope you join us in our Daily Thread, and look forward to getting to know you. Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Charlie!

I've been eating primarily vegetarian, with very occasional fish or seafood, for almost a year now. I don't find quantities of either beans or lentils to be a problem, yet I limit my nuts. I don't use nuts for snacks but rather add them to my salads, especially at lunch. I don't do much cheese at all and often have yogurt for my snack. I rarely eat eggs. I have a vitamix and my daily breakfast is a grain based protein smoothie with a serving of fruit and lots of veggies-usually cabbage and spinach.

I never noticed any change in energy when I switched over...but I wasn't eating much meat anyway.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/185/150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for Welcome. It's good to hear that others have managed on a vegetarian like diet and I appreciate the advice.
Charlie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Cottage cheese! It's my go-to high-protein food. Yum!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote