Weight gain after a prolonged phase 1?

• Hello My Fellow Beachers,

I have a question I hope some of you may be able to help out with. Today marks my 3 rd week on phase 1 of the SBD and I plan to stay on it through the 24 of April. Which means Ill have stayed in phase 1 about 5 weeks....

I know this is a no-no by the book but Im actually enjoying this phase of the diet and I am admittedly a little nervous about coming off so I have been putting it off.

Anyway.... carbs kind of seem like a foreign concept to me now. But I know I will have to start eating them again. Im wondering what kind of weight gain/ change I can expect once I begin slowly introducing them again? I lost bout 7 lbs during the 2 weeks of being in phase 1
  • After completing my phase one, I too was afraid to move to phase two. I also stayed on phase one for a bit longer than the two weeks because of that and because I too was comfortable where I was. Eventually though, I gained the confidence to take the next step and moved to what I call phase 1.5 and for the most part I have stayed there. I never did experience any gain, however my weight loss did stall for a while after the move but that only lasted a while and then the weight loss started again. I've tried adding grains just twice and for me right now that doesn't work so my addition consists of one fruit on most days. Other than that, perhaps a veg every now and then that wasn't allowed during phase one. Everyone is different though so you will have to pay attention to what your body is saying and act accordingly. Good luck when you are ready, you will know it.
  • Most of us do a very slow transition into Phase 2. Start with one serving of fruit or grain a day for a couple days and see how you do. Change the time of day you eat the fruit or grain to see how it affects your cravings. Some people find they really struggle with fruit in the morning or with grains in the evening. Think of it as an experiment and that might take the fear factor away. You're figuring out how to eat healthily for the rest of your life. You can't stay on Phase 1 forever, so move slowly forward in your weight loss journey.
  • I think I had a gain of 1-2 pounds first week of Phase II, then lost 3 the next week. Mostly water weight changes I think.
  • Thanks you ladies you are awesome!