The honeymoon phase is over

• Hi, everyone!

Been doing this since October with pretty good results.

Now I am trying to go back to p1 and just can't seem to do it. I am not totally falling off the wagon or binging, but I can't seem to get it together either.

How do I get back to the honeymoon phase?
  • Take a deep breath and come up with a plan. You have done amazing, and it looks like you've lost over 40 lbs! Why do you need to go back to Phase 1 - do you just want a kickstart? Many of us do not lose as much weight the second or more time around on Phase 1. What about sticking with Phase 2, but counting calories or points this time? Sadly, I realize that monitoring portions is necessary for me to lose weight. I know this is not a "diet," but I don't lose if I don't do some form of portion control.
  • Hi Randi!

I started SBD in May 2009 with a clean p1. I went totally clean for 6 mos. then started eating off plan here and there...not an everyday thing for sure. I tried several times to do another clean p1 and it just doesn't seem to work for me. I heard someone on another thread say that she would switch her plans around when she got bored. Mid-February I decided I'd find an online site and start tracking my weight, food and exercise. Apparently it was the boost I needed; I'm having fun, learning alot, exercising and staying OP. For me, that moment of decision, where I'm going to eat something and have to "make a better choice" is crucial. I'm finding now that I'm chosing the OP foods, many things are getting easier.

Best wishes!
  • Hmmm.... how to get back to the honeymoon phase?

I'm not sure you can.
    I loved the weight loss in phase 1 and the excitement of seeing such quick success, but let's face it - that's not real life.

I go back to phase 1 for a few days every now and than to get back on track, but I've never had the same results (or excitement) after that first time. I've spent a lot of time feeling elated or disgusted by the weight on my scale and thrilled or depressed over the way I handled a holiday party or restaurant meal. And I wasted a lot of time 'maintaining' when I really wanted to be losing. It's been a great ride, but now that I've been doing this faithfully for 18 months I've finally figured out that being successful on SBD really just comes down to paying attention and staying vigilant on the days you feel like it and also on the days you don't.

I'll be sending good thoughts your way Randi. You've been doing great, just hunker down and hang in there.
  • Thanks, everyone.

I think I know I need to go back to P1. I need to get "clean" although the tacos I just had for lunch aren't the way to get there!
  • [QUOTE=Heidi58;3781725]Hmmm.... how to get back to the honeymoon phase?

I'm not sure you can. ...- that's not real life.

... I wasted a lot of time 'maintaining' when I really wanted to be losing. ...... being successful on SBD really just comes down to paying attention and staying vigilant on the days you feel like it and also on the days you don't.QUOTE]

Heidi, your comments above are right on and really hit home for me today. I've been messing around and "maintaining" when I should be losing. So I'm digging in my heals and going back to the basics. After all, I've said it over and over, if you want to lose weight bad enough, you can...........and that applies to me too!