South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Jessica, hot and humid sounds really good right now, especially for a nice long walk.

Jasmine, yay for getting 15,000 steps in...especially by creatively pacing during tests.

LAK, yeah, we really know how to live it up, too! Good luck with the pup at school.

Karen, congrats to DH for his journalism award AND for being chosen for a speech. It seems like it's always somebody's birthday....great you don't have to cook.

I actually rode my bike in both directions this am...sounds crazy but it's two miles downhill and we're in a wide canyon where the wind blows fierce. I had an out...asked Kirk to meet me at the PO...being so hard of hearing he nodded and smiled and never came...he didn't hear me. oh well.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Thank you all for the encouraging and positive thoughts for my mother. She's in the hospital now, going through an extensive battery of tests, and we're praying for the best. I'll be spending most of my day there, again, today.

Karen, congratulations on your son and his achievements! You certainly do deserve bragging rights. Happy birthday to your DH today, and hope you all have a great day!

Heidi, I hope both your MIL and your mother are doing well.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, I hope today brings good news about your mother.

Up with the sun again this morning so need to scurry around a bit to get ready fro Church. I forgot about Earth Hour last night until my friend Shirleyanne called me at 9. I went around and turned out the lights and we had a good long talk. Her husband, a TV addict, had already gone to bed.

The village had a lovely 60th Anniversary party for Joan and Ron yesterday. The church ladies did those old fashioned fancy sandwiches and Hazel, the best baker in the village, made three different wedding cakes - white, chocolate and carrot. I did indulge a bit but skipped lunch so am OK on the scale today.

Time to crank up the old body and get to Church. I'm hoping to walk over with Disney but that depends on the temperature. I've not checked but I think we are below freezing!

and
Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

Linda, I'll be sending supportive thoughts your way today. I was saddened to read that your mom has been admitted, but know she will get the attention she needs there. Take care of yourself.

Ruth, I wish I could have joined the villiage celebration yesterday, if not just to meet Hazel, the baker of beautiful cakes. Enjoy your Sunday.

Me, just finished catching up on my rescue paperwork...it'll be report time soon. Kirk and the pups were up and have all snuggled back in. I could, but seem to be motivated to work on niggles. Pre-brunch workout this morning then off to the country club with mom and Kirk. I've figured out that a full workout is mandatory on brunch days.

I talked to Okie Friday eve. She's doing great...very busy, but not with a computer much. She is very glad she made the decision to go to Cali.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the sunny but very cold northeast. Yesterday Plum Island was every bit as bitterly cold as the middle of winter but we thoroughly enjoyed a day away from computers and phones and work. We exercised when we got home Today is a more "normal" Sunday for me - 3/4 house stuff and 1/4 work. I will check-in with DD this afternoon too. She has spent the last 6 months studying for her boards and the test is Tuesday. She is a bit stressed. She could take it again if she doesn't pass but, of course, would rather pass with a comfortable margin.

Cottage - thinking of all of you today

Ruth - Sounds like a nice hour. I bet it is cold because it's only in the 20s here in the "south"

Debbie - good luck getting all that paperwork squared away. What's the workout plan for the day?

Speaking of planning, time to figure out my day and get moving. I slept in until 6 (that's all the cats will allow) and already feel behind!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, I'm glad Okie is happy and doing well. I think this move was a good decision for her, too.

Ruth, your village certainly knows how to throw an anniversary party! I'm afraid I would have caved-in to the carrot cake.

ETA -

Cyndi, I knew you were lurking around here someplace! I'm so glad you had a good day, yesterday. You certainly deserved it. I'm sending good vibes to your DD on passing the board on Tuesday.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-27-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I'm up wayyyyyy too early for a Saturday and it's LOUD with girls!!! ARRRRR The mom's pick them up at 10...it can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
What's the workout plan for the day?!
Cyndi, workout plan goes like this; I ask Kirk early if he wants to workout with me, he agrees(committment and accountability). I put on new ipod and ride my recumbent while watching him lift weights and don't have to listen to his music.
Glad you had a good day yesterday and I hope you have a balance of work and home today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1196 View Post
I'm up wayyyyyy too early for a Saturday and it's LOUD with girls!!! ARRRRR The mom's pick them up at 10...it can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad it's not me...have you planned a nap??
Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #24  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning lovely ladies and any lurking laddies.

Another winter day here. Spring seems to have stayed just long enough to tease then disappeared. On tap today - exercise, watching son's basketball game, dinner out for hubby's birthday. My teen has been trying to make a paper mache pinata to ask a girl to prom. I am pretty sure he'd have tried something else if he knew how much work it was! We are trying to figure out how to visit USC in the coming weeks and I'm trying not to be too stressed about college decisions.

Enjoy your day.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen! Wish your DH a happy birthday. Funny about the pinata...some things are much easier when they are in our head! USC trip sounds nice!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

Today my husband's sister and brother in law come in to town. They will be here the whole week. We don't get to see them much(they live in Montreal). My son will be absolutely spoiled rotten this week. He is the only little kid in the family. My nephews are actually older them I am. On Friday my husband's brother is coming. It will be a nice little reunion for them.

We are also going to run down to the hospital and see my uncle. The hospital is very close to the airport.

Have a great Sunday!!

Jasmine
Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Jasmine, have fun with the family visiting!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #28  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Oh happy day, no rain yet this morning although it overcast and gray out, I'll take it. Hopefully the rain won't come and things will begin to dry out

Good morning ladies (and lads if you are lurking)

Cyndi, your day yesterday sounds great even if it was cold. Just getting out can sure bring a smile to one's face.

Linda, sure am hoping the test results for your mom will be better than what I know you are worried about.

Heidi, sure glad your mom and MIL are alright. I was lucky and never had to go thru that as my mom's mind was clear until she passed. It was just her body that gave out.

Ruth, LOL about your Harry Potter review. I sat thru most of those movies with my youngest GS and although I couldn't really get into them, he loved them all.

kmac, bet you are resting this afternoon after your slumber party .

Bea, wish I lived closer. My bulldog loves chasing frisbees!

Debbie, husbands! They hear what they want to hear I do believe but what the heck, you got in some good exercise.

Karen, Hey, great idea about taking DH out for dinner and dessert. I find it it a lot easier for me to buy a few cookies or a small cake for mine instead of making them from scratch. Much less of a temptation for me.

Lak, I remember taking my cocker puppy to training years ago. We both enjoyed it.

Jasmine, hope you made it to the library.

Jessica, bet you are busy today with the party and company. Hope all goes well.

I hear my dryer calling my name so best get off her and get busy. Need to run to the store today and pick up some cottage cheese for my bulldog. For some reason he has an upset tummy (upchucking) so have taken him off his dog food today and will offer him just a little cottage cheese this even and if he holds that down, then we'll move on to a little rice and chicken. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about but that is easier said than done as I love him so much.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Busy weekend...just now getting a chance to check in. No news yet on the promotion...I guess they'll be making the announcement tomorrow, maybe??? Guess we'll see. The interview seemed to go well, so we'll see what happens.
Closed Thread