South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Daily Chat for Thursday, March 24

Good morning from dark and cold Delta! It's -6ºC here - that's in the 20's for the Fº Folks. I know Spring is supposed to be here but ...

Early start this morning as Sears delivers the stove, fridge and TV "first thing" this morning. I imagine that'll be about 9:30. At least it's cold enough that I can put the fridge and freezer stuff outside for the transition. The TV goes into a cupboard in the back room and I need to do a bit of organization there. I may need to remove a shelf to get it to fit.

Off tot own late this afternoon for a haircut with Danny. I hate his late appointment because he's usually a tad stressed by then. Maybe I should tip him first?

Weight is up a tad but I'm leaving my ticker alone for a bit. I have not been careful about food this past week. Today will be better.

Hope your Thursday is delightful in some way.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the positive thoughts Ruth. I hope all goes well with the furniture delivery, and the haircut.

I weighed myself this morning, before my trip begins, but I'm not going to post it because it's so discouraging. I know it's all water weight but come on. I have not exactly been totally "on plan" this week but I haven't really been that bad. I'm also so very tired of my body being on the weird delay it seems to be on, because it's hard for me to correlate weight gain/loss to any particular time period. So I can't tell what would even work for maintaining - I would say the last week I have been "maintaining" but the scale says I've been terrible! Or was that how terrible I was the week before?

(sigh). I don't know why, but springing forward just hasn't been great for me emotionally yet. It's too dark in the mornings, and the light later in the day completely throws me off. For me personally it came too soon.

Anyway, I'm going to try to put this all aside for my vacation, which I'm psyched for. While I'm away, I'll think about what I'm going to do when I come back - go back to Phase 1, count the points again - I don't know. I'll see.

Anyway, it's unlikely I'll be posting while I'm away, so I hope everyone has a great weekend! See you next week.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, where did Spring go? It's in the 20s here! The ground doesn't look white, though, as far as I can tell.

Ruth, Sears may surprise you. When I was waiting for my new stove, they were here at 7:30am. I hope you don't end up having to wait for them all day.

Today is my Friday and I'm so looking forward to my long weekend. I've been fighting off a cold all week, and I've been dragging. I tried to talk Cindy's dog, Jack, into swapping places with me yesterday afternoon. He was all curled up in his bed beside the fire and looked so cozy, but he totally ignored my suggestion. Today shouldn't bring any surprises, though, and I should be able to make it an early day.

Morning, Matilda! Put that scale away and ignore it. Those things are the devil in disguise. Evil! Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself. I'll be waving as you pass by my house!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-24-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!!

Ruth - ahhhh, new appliances....LOVE IT!!! I think tipping first is a great idea . Can you take it back if he does terrible?

MMCK - this spring has been rough adjusting. I think I'm just getting better with it now. Of course, the fabulous weather last week helped, the sleet this week...not so much!! PS - I gained nearly 5 lbs in water weight in the last couple weeks, and dropped three of it this week (so far) knocking out the grains and salty no-no's I shouldn't have been eating. Hope you find the same!

Cottage - so jealous, today is my Wednesday. I can't complain, this is the only Saturday I'm working this month.

Me - LOL...I always check allrecipes.com first, and this was one of the recipes of the day: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Manifold-Stew/Detail.aspx I told my son...look at the first ingredient! EWWW...but then, look at the directions and the comments. TOO FUNNY!

Made crock pot meatloaf yesterday, it turned out fantastic!! Now I know that I can do this in the summertime!

Kara - you asked about my vacation....we went to a cabin in a state park for a few days, then to a resort (what an opposite, huh?!) with an indoor water park for a couple of days, then to a friend that is in the Navy near DC and went to the mall for 1/2 day. It was our best vacation in a long time!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Matilda, have a terrific time - hopefully the trip will lift your spirits.

Ruth, I hope your deliveries will show up right on schedule and that things look just as terrific in your home as you hope! Good luck with your haircut this afternoon - your comment about Danny being stressed in the afternoon made me smile. Quite a few of my friends use the same hairdresser as I do and the running joke is,"Be careful what you discuss with Gail while she's cutting your hair - the faster she talks, the faster she cuts!"

Linda, enjoy the last day of your work week. I hope you will be able to get home early and rest up. This seems to be the season for colds and they can sure drag you down.

Tammy, I don't think I'll work that recipe into my meal plan any time soon!

Snow here again today. It's a teacher workshop day though, so no buses to worry about on the roads. I always enjoy our workshops because we're a large district and there aren't a lot of chances for all the K-1 teachers to get together. It will be fun catching up with everyone today. We'll also be hearing some bad news about the budget though and what's in store for next year.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-24-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Morning all! I can't believe it is snowing here in Mass!!! Grrrr Not happy at all!!! Day off today and tomorrow! Working out this morning and having friends over for lunch! Then, reading! LOL! I'm on a good stride. 3 weeks with no binges and complete controll!!! I think I've found my AHA moment!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning 20s here too, yuck!

Ruth - Happy new appliancing. Hope all goes without a hitch!

Mathilda - Vacation!

Cottage - hoping your day has no surprises, an early day and that impending cold gone

Twynn - sounds like a nice vacation mix.

Heidi - good luck, hope the news isn't too difficult

Kristen - I guess I should stop complaining about the cold and just be happy we didn't get the snow!

I'm off to the western side of the state and I think they do have snow. It's a nice time of year to be on the road, lots of birds moving. Happy Thursday

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-24-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm here a bit late this morning and have an agenda already-coffee and the sunflower puzzle I left behind several weeks ago. I think I do have some real work, too.

Have a great day everyone! Sorry to hear about all the crummy weather back East. It looks nice here, but I haven't been out yet.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. This has been a hard week, as work is very busy, and I've been soooo tired and run-down feeling. I was in bed about 8:30 last night. C'mon Friday. But I have been forcing myself to walk, and I've been on-plan. The weather looks pretty good tomorrow and the kids are out of school, so I'm considering taking the day off for an outing. The cherry blossoms don't really start until next week, but maybe we can see a few rogue blossoms, maybe the Spy Museum, which we haven't done yet. Okay, got a big meeting this morning, so I'd better go prepare. Have a great on-plan day, chicks!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Snow - SNOW?? Seriously - Mother Nature has to wallop Ol' Man Winter upside the head . . .

Looking to be a good day - gearing up for an Ultimate tournament for the teenagers this weekend - in the mud. At least I don't have to play!

Be well -
Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #11  
Onederland or bust!!!

S/C/G: 325/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey dudettes! On my way out... Finally taking the GED after putting it off for 8 years. Wish me LUCK!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good luck on those GEDs, RandoMandaPanda!

We just had a mini blizzard, but it seems to have stopped now. This weather is nuts.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Ruth - Brrr. Hope all goes well today.

Matilda - I hear you! I have been maintaining while eating and exercising in a way that would have meant a loss in the past. So frustrating. Have a great trip.

Linda - Winter seems to be making a comeback here too. Hope you manage to avoid that cold.

Twynn - You are the second person I've seen mention crock pot meatloaf today! Never heard of that before. I'm a big allrecipes fan.

Heidi - Enjoy your day. Budget issues here too. Kinda makes me glad my son is graduating.

Kristen - Good for you!!!!!

Cyndi - Don't let those birds distract you! Drive safe.

Debbie - I am surprised you are getting nice weather since bad stuff is coming my way.

Schmoo - Sorry you are having a touch week

Bea - Are you getting snow too? My son is in school out your way; I'll have to check out his forecast.

Rando - Good luck!

Linda - You too with snow!? Yikes.

Never did get my nap in yesterday. Funny how the days fill up despite having nothing to do My cold is still lingering and I am ready to feel myself again. But at least I am getting some exercise in now. My husband is going to try to grill trout for dinner and I am trying not to think about how the head are still on them!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls! Last day of training downstairs, at least for now. Always keeping busy! Hope everyone is well!

Scale showed a 2 lb loss, that's a plus. Updating my tickie and signature so it's CORRECT. Not thrilled with myself this month..... making my Easter Goal difficult, but I'm going to work hard and still try to make it. Yes, that's (the last) 10 lbs........ in a month. Hey, it's possible, right?

Hope everyone is having a fab day.

Lisa
Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/216/170 (3" loss 2 date)

Height: 5' 11.5"

First post of the afternoon!

So does anyone drink a lot of v8 on days you don't have time to cut up and eat fresh veggies? Some days at work I'm so busy I dont' have time to take my lunch or get my snacks out, so I grab a v8.

I drink tons of water so not worried about the salt.......just wondering if anyone else does this.

Also.....has anyone else been losing inches and not weight? Whenever I'm on this diet it seems to take me forever to lose actual weight, but I do seem to consistantly lose inches.

Thanks!
Closed Thread