South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, March 21

Good morning from chilly and rainy Delta. We are in for some early April showers which I much prefer to snow. The flood in the dog yard has receded so we're now in full muddy paw season. It's nice to see the water drained away though. I always worry about it killing all the grass if it stays there and then freezes up.

I'm off to get my snow tires off this morning although that won't be as easy as it sounds. Apparently I need new tires. They'll have to be ordered from the city so ... I think it'll be a matter of taking the car in and being driven back here. A day without a car isn't too bad - it keeps away company as they think an empty lane means an empty house. I also need a new muffler and tailpipe, alas.

Donna is coming this morning to clean behind the fridge and stove to get us ready for the new stuff delivery tomorrow or Wednesday. I hate having guys pull out the stove or fridge to install new ones and then making them wait while I clean. I suppose we should vacuum behind the fridge monthly but ... you know how it is.

So off we go into the second last week of March. It sure feels better than the second last week of November!

Think Spring!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. It's raining here as well this morning.

Ruth, it sounds like you'll have a practically brand new car by the time you get it back. Wouldn't it be nice if all kitchen appliances came with rollers to make it easy to move them? I shudder to think what it looks like behind my refrigerator.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - how is it that you are getting rain and we have some stupid late snow storm coming our way? My snow tires will be on for a couple more weeks, just to be safe. Happy behind the appliance cleaning!

Not yet sure how my day will work. I am trying to convince people that having me on speaker phone is really almost as good (better depending on your perspective ) as having me in the room. I don't want to drive almost 2 hours north and over the top of the mountains with a winter weather advisory in the forecast. It makes for a long and unpleasant drive home. hope the powers that be agree it's a better idea.

Just more of the same around here. Hope your Monday is smooth sailing

ETA - Good morning Cottage

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-21-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Ruth, I believe there are little roller things you can get for appliances. I'm in the same situation as you re: what's lurking behind the appliances. I have a special energy efficient fridge too so it's REALLY crucial that I vacuum the coils more regularly.

Not sure what's on tap for today. A bunch of us in the office got an email over the weekend from our boss that we've got to be in right at 9 to prepare for a large meeting in the afternoon. Let me say that this is a meeting that has been known about for weeks so there is no reason why we should have to be rushing to prepare at the last minute. I also suspect she has made us responsible for duplicating/collating the materals for this meeting from another department - another, FULLY STAFFED department, so there is no reason why we should be preparing their handouts. Our department, and she, get very little respect and it is because she is constantly doing things like this instead of insisting that others be responsible. Anyway, I'll see what happens and let everyone know.

I'm feeling like this month will be a wash in terms of weight loss. We're going away at the end of this week and although I can be compliant most of the time, I doubt I'll lose anything. I'll be lucky if I can get back to down my recent lowest weight and stay there for a bit! Oh well - slow and steady wins the race.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, I hope your car repairs and seasonal maintenance isn't too costly. I vacuum behind and in the fridge vents every spring and fall. It gets yucky back there!

Linda, sorry about the rain forecast! It's sunny here. How's that for strange - sunny in Germany in spring!

Cyndi, I think the teleconference is a splendid idea. Perhaps you could bring up your employer's liability should you get into an accident because of the weather?

Matilda, I sense a sit-in in your future. Hope the meeting prep isn't too bad.

Luke and I just got back from a beautiful walk. There's a bit of a chill in the air but the sun is shining brightly and, aside from the manure smell, it was a lovely bit of exercise. I'm heading upstairs to get the yard sale organizing going. We're participating the flea market on base this Saturday and I am going to do a little bit every day to get ready so I'm not up all hours on Friday night. The living room furniture got picked up this weekend so now I have a big, open space to dump all the junk for the yard sale. Anybody wanna come help?

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-21-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just a quickie - my fridge does have rollers but it's in a really tight fit. We will take everything out of it before we attempt the move. It'll be a good chance to pitch old expired stuff - like those the half jar of olives with white stuff floating on top! The old fridge goes into the barn until it goes to its new home but it may as well start out clean.

Gotta dash! Happy Monday!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Good Morning All

I hope you don't mind me rejoining the thread. I was on south beach earlier this year but got derailed. I decided to get back on the wagon and try again, have just started phase 1.

Ruth - I'm getting a new stove delivered today and will be doing some swift cleaning before they put the new one in. They are supposed to be here between 7.30 and 8.00 and I have to get to the gym and back before then....

Cyndi - I hope the powers that be see sense and go for your idea!

Mcmkellan - slow and steady does win the race .

Kara - it's yard sale season here too, it kicked off with abandon this weekend seemed there was a yard sale in every parking lot.

I'm about to head off to the gym, then back home where hopefully my new stove will arrive on time. Then I have class this afternoon, DH is going away on a 2 week business trip so it's just me and the furry kids.

Happy Monday all!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Still fighting a cold and my head hurts Not sure if I'll cancel my workout with mom and trainer today. Didn't do cardio yesterday and felt guilty! Teen heads back to school today; no more days off until graduation!

Have a good one all!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Well I got the closet upstairs emptied out. Mostly emptied out, I should say. I left the china and model trains and luggage in there since there was no point cluttering up the third floor with things I knew we weren't going to sell. I brought down everything I know is going with me on Saturday (oh my word, ten trips up and down two flights of stairs carrying stuff - whew) and I have a bunch of clothes to go through to see if they need to be kept or be sold. That's the job for tomorrow.

LAK, have fun with the new stove! Does it have nifty features?

Karen, I hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I am crossing my fingers this week goes fast, because next week is Spring Break for us This week is full of more state testing. Another reason to want the week to go faster. It will be so nice to come back after Spring Break and be able to actually teach my kiddos.

I was doing good last week with weight loss and then Aunt Flo had to come for her monthly visit and up went my weight. My goal is just to stay on track this week.

Have a great Monday!!

Jasmine
Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #11  

Yeah Monday!! Gotta know it - locked the keys in the house this morning - everyone was still asleep. Thank goodness I replaced the batteries in the garage door opener . . .

GREAT way to start the week - but at least we don't have snow!

Be well -
Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

no driving today, not only will I not be stressed by bad roads I will actually get way more done
Old 03-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

Ruth - oh no! back to horrible March (April?) showers? Good luck with the fridge, I am sure mine is disgusting!

Kara - I would help but I'm still about a 6/8 hour train ride from you I reckon?!

Karen - get well soon!

Jasmine - urgh state testing, they are bringing that in here too. Obviously copying the US and Britain. I see no purpose to it whatsoever! I will be working in the UK system again next year, student teaching, much to my dislike! It is awful there, national testing at 7,11 and 14, and apparently now at 5. Just to make things better, they publish league tables in the newspaper. For my (now) Austrian mindset, that seems like the most regressive system ever.

I had a busy weekend, a nice day at school and now I've got Pilates! Spring cleaning is on my agenda too... I think I might avoid that for another day...
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Grrr, angry. Stove likely won't be here for another two weeks!! When we bought the stove two weeks ago, the salesman assured us that Sears would work with us on the delivery time. Turns out he lied. Sears won't work, can't work on delivery time and there will be nobody home this afternoon when they want to deliver. I can't skip class and DH is out of town for two weeks. Best case scenario is the carrier is running late and comes after 5 when I get home, or we get it on 4th April when DH is back and can take a day off work.

I am so mad I could spit. I hate salesmen at the best of times (snakes) but when they out and out lie for the commission? Oh and Sears 1-800 number was absolutely unhelpful, I've never been treated so badly. We're putting in a complaint on the salesman and I might contact the better business bureau also.

Sorry, rant over.

Anyway, at least the floor under my stove got cleaned .

Cyndi - yay!

Kara - I'll let you know when we get it . I know it self cleans (SCORE!!!!) and has TIMERS!

Last edited by LAK1974; 03-21-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm here, running way behind but accountability and hellos is very important to me.
Hello! Happy Monday!

I'm OP and looking forward to blood work on Wednesday morning. The thought sure kept me from dipping into Kirks sugar and fat laden pie from Vill. Inn which is in a bright orange box in the fridge. I'll set it out this morning in hopes that it will all disappear...he only has half left.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread