3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Crazy about nuts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/228343-crazy-about-nuts.html)

HoneyWobBear 03-18-2011 04:38 PM

Crazy about nuts

Aghhhh why do I do this to myself, what can I say I love nuts especially cashew nuts and dry roasted nuts, been picking at them all day, how can I stop myself?????

This is my 3rd week on the Beach and I'm still doing phase 1 as I like it so much but kind of eating a few phase 2 foods if you know what I mean lol.

But this nut issue what do I do? I lost 2lbs last week and have not gained since being on the Beach :D:D:D:D that's why I love it so much.

Any advice??

1oftheLuvs 03-18-2011 04:56 PM

I love them too and used to have a problem overdoing... I started measuring out my daily serving and then putting the container away in a spot where it wasn't easy to access... I DEFINITELY can't keep them out on the counter or anywhere in plain sight.... works for me.

weezle 03-18-2011 05:23 PM

I've found that the only nuts I can eat without going crazy overboard are almonds. For some reason, I can't just eat the recommended servings of peanuts, cashews, pecans..... I'll eat an entire can of them. Almonds are the only ones that satisfy me after only 15. If they are a trigger food for you, I'd cut them out completely.

CyndiM 03-18-2011 05:30 PM

I have the same problem. I hate excess packaging but I buy 100 calorie packs of nuts and only unsalted. Salt is always a problem for me.

shelflife 03-18-2011 05:34 PM

I often go for pistachios because you get 30 for a serving and they take time to open and eat! I had a bulk bag of dry roasted almonds sitting on my counter a couple of weeks ago and it was big trouble -- every time I walked by it I'd grab a couple. Finally had to have my BF hide the bag! Now that I know they're a problem I make sure the bag is always put away and I count my serving out precisely.

Mmckellen 03-18-2011 07:10 PM

I always thought peanuts (out of the shell) were 40 per serving. Was I wrong?

claire0412 03-18-2011 08:09 PM

Ah I love nuts! (sounds a bit wrong...?!?) My major weakness! I've resigned myself to eating a serving of nuts and a serving of peanut butter a day, but I don't eat cheese as a snack. Maybe if you really like them you can trade them off for something else? They do have way more nutrients/good fats/vitamins than cheese/sugar free jelly etc?

Lexxiss 03-18-2011 08:47 PM

I don't do well with nuts as a snack...I find myself not satisfied and always wanting more. I found a great nut mix at Whole Foods, which is salted, and I have a measured amount on my salad at lunch every day. With my salad I find I am satisfied. My other serving is always a tsp or tbsp with an apple.

HoneyWobBear 03-18-2011 08:49 PM

Thanks ladies guess I might try some other nuts I'm not so nuts about lol:D, hopefully that will help.

WaistingTime 03-18-2011 09:12 PM

They are the only food I measure. I do okay with one serving. But haven't been able to have peanut butter in the house in months!

Schmoodle 03-18-2011 09:39 PM

Yes, I have this problem and for that reason I had to make a "nut rule" for myself. If I am at home (where I have access to unlimited nuts), I am only allowed to eat them in recipes - sprinkled on salads, stir fries, in Nessa Bars etc., where I wont' be tempted to eat great big handfuls. I only eat them alone as a snack (as in 15 almonds, etc.), when I am away from home, and I can pack up a single serving to take along and won't be able to get more.

TallandThin 03-18-2011 10:59 PM

I love nuts too and here is what I do: I buy large bags of raw unsalted pieces from Trader Joe's. Usually pecans, almonds and walnuts. When I get home, I chop them into smaller pieces and then weigh out 1 ounce each and put them in the little snack baggies. Stash them in my cupboard and it is so convenient to be able to just grab one to use in my yogurt. Works for me. I do however have to stay away from the Macadamina nuts as I just can't resist them.