Any South Beach Vegetarians Out There?

• I was a lacto ovo vegetarian many years ago, and I was a lot healthier back then.

I'm thinking of doing a vegetarian version of South Beach. I posted my menu today on the daily thread, and afterward I thought that the ham salad I wrote down just kind of sounds disgusting to me. Lately, I've really been drawn to eating vegetarian again. I looked over the list on phase 1, and even Phase 1 is very vegetarian friendly.

Any of you out there? If so, please tell me how you are finding doing South Beach as a vegetarian. Any hints or tips? Thanks.
  • I am a lacto ovo vegetarian and have been for the past 23 years. If there had been meat in chocolate or chips I would not need to watch my weight. I find that eating more of the fruits when I am craving something sweet has brought me back into a nutritious diet.
  • Lots of SBD vegetarians here. They have given me lots of motivation as I've been making my shift. Here's a thread I started in May 2010 as I started my journey; http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ian-101-a.html

I can't believe it's been almost a year! I continue to eat fish occasionally (1x/month) and will have free range chicken once in a blue moon. I continue to not eat many eggs and yogurt is my only dairy choice. My breakfast is always a green smoothie and I've learned I get lots of protein from the veggies I add with my protein powder (Supreme Meal by Peaceful Planet). My lunches and dinners always include beans and nuts and I love lentils and swiss chard for dinner. My energy levels are great and I don't miss that Ham Salad at all.

Best wishes!
  • mememememememememememememememe

I've been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for 21 years.

No tips really needed. South Beach is totally vegetarian-compatible. There are great recipes in the recipes section, too! I tried to put "vegetarian" in the title of ones I posted.
  • I'm also an ovo-lacto vegetarian and have no problem following SBD at all.