South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8

Congrats Tall and Thin!

Quick one from me today! I am on my way out to TGI Fridays with the in laws. Obviously this will be an off plan meal, but I'm not really feeling burger and chips anyway. I think I'll order one of their salads (even though they have more calories than the burger and chips) and at least get some vitamins with my plate of calories

Back onto plan tomorrow, after being slightly off since last night... I am baking bf's brother some birthday muffins (South Beach style, he loves the healthy stuff and hates sugar) tomorrow, so that'll be nice!

Have a nice day, I am so glad it is nearly the weekend :-)

ps: I have never celebrated St Patrick's Day, which is strange considering the Irish are our neighbours... I blame British/Irish political tensions but I'm glad I don't have to eat green food, food colouring makes me hyper!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Congrats, T&T! SO proud of you, girl!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #18  
Onederland or bust!!!

S/C/G: 325/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Congrats T&T!!!

Just a quick hello. Been busy (and ON PLAN) so far today. Getting some spring cleaning done, and just sat down to lunch a while ago. I made my first attempt at cauliflower pizza and OMG SO FREAKIN YUMMY! My four year old approves too! My gallbladder has definitely simmered down today, which is a nice change over the past few days. I weighed in at 234 today, so I get to trade in my 55 lbs lost chick for a 60!!! I swear, trivial as it may be, upgrading that silly little avatar has been the biggest motivator for me!

Off to finish my whirlwind of cleaning! Be good, everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #19  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Matilda, I'm sorry work is poopy. It's a shame when people don't leave high school attitudes in high school.

Ruth, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...00000219630449 That's my everyday-green-clad hero in Afghanistan.

Schmoodle, my mom always made corn beef and cabbage. Blech. We went with "meat"loaf, green beans, and mashed sweet potatoes with milk. Got the colors of the Irish flag at least, even if the cuisine wasn't necessarily Irish.

Karen, maybe your guests will help with the taxes???

Debbie, I hope your back feels better soon!

Jasmine, I made the mistake of mentioning the pinching tradition to my kids this morning and then had to backtrack REALLY fast and tell them they were absolutely NOT allowed to pinch anyone at school. Especially since the Germans seem not to have ever heard of St. Patrick!

Rose, enjoy your luncheon!

Jess, how fun that your son loved the green oatmeal! My dad used to dye EVERYTHING green on St. Patrick's Day and we hated it.

Tall, you're doing amazingly well!

Claire, have a wonderful meal out!

Rando, love the new avatar!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-17-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #20  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Afternoon, ladies. Quick check-in for me. I'm trying to speed through housework so I can sit outside and supervise the boys (and countless other kids that migrate to our yard). I'm getting tired of being the only adult that supervises the kids and because of that, the other parents in the neighborhood seem to think it is ok to just send theirs over as well. Yesterday, there were 8 kids in the yard -- 7 of them 5 and under. I suppose I should say something, not quite sure how to bring it up considering we're not exactly close with most of them.

anyway, scale and calipers were friendly today. i'm down 5% body fat since January. Couldn't believe when it was under 20. I had her get a different pair of calipers and use them. I doubt I've ever been this low.

Making shepherd's pie with a variation of colcannon instead of mashed potatoes on top. Also made some chocolate chip cookies that I dyed green, but I'll save those for my DH and boys.

sleepy....off to see about some tea and a snack.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, TallandThin!
Closed Thread