South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #16  

Height: 5'8

Afternoon everyone!

Natasha - congrats on your 5k!

Kara - I've got furniture to sell too! I moved in with my boyfriend and it doesn't all fit. I am moving back to the UK in September anyway so I'd have had to have sold it all then, least now it is out of the way!

All this talk about the clocks changing! Ours haven't changed yet, they go back on 27th March. Thank god! I hate it when it is dark in the mornings, in the evenings I don't mind too much because I'm always stuck at uni anyway!

I've had a chilled out day. The kids were good, lessons went well, had lunch with a friend and now I've just got a bit of thesis to write and Pilates to do.

I started off trying to log all my calories because I'm a bit concerned I'm not getting enough, but the online counters are driving me mental! I don't eat pre-prepared things very often (they aren't as available here) and the things I can buy in a Viennese supermarket just aren't on these UK/US orientated online sites. The German language ones are also useless for Austria, so I've given up! If I don't start losing a bit soon then I'll reassess but at the moment it is too much like hard work!

Have a good day :-)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 216/216/170 (3" loss 2 date)

Height: 5' 11.5"

Default Newbie...starting SB today

Good morning... New to the boards but not SB. Tried SB a few years ago and didn't lose a lot of weight but lost lots of inches. Really loved how it made me feel and also how easy it was to stick with. Unfortunately had a few personal and family tragedies back to back and went back to eating once a day due to stress. Of course it all but stopped my metabolism and I gained weight. Life is still stressful but I'm tired of feeling like a big glob so I decided to take control of something I CAN....

Mini-stats - My name is Angie, I'm 40, married to my hubby for 19 years this August and after a LOT of trying and losses finally had our baby Jayden who will be 3 in July. He's the joy of my life and I don't know how I'd live without him!

Was a toothpick till age 28 and slowly started gaining weight. I never was a huge eater and usually only had one or two meals a day. Finally started catching up to me. I've been struggling ever since.

Nice to meet you all, I'll post my "stat" in the info thread.

Angie
Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all - (it IS still morning, yes?)

Crazy day already - as a high school teacher I leave the house by 6:30 and MAN was it dark!! Forgot my hard boiled eggs - made do with a cheese stick. I keep the V8 in the car so I can't forget that . . .

Just grabbed my 5 min "prep time" to check in here and keep me from eating pie - is is "PI day - 3/14" so there are pies everywhere . . .

Be well!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #19  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Good Morning! Things went off the rails for the past two weeks- but now we're back on track. The damage isn't so bad, though, so I think I'll do a week of clean P1 and be back on track.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello,

Quick check in for me....had success finding prom dress was a bit more expensive than I wanted to spend but it was the "one" for DD1 so I got it.

Okay back to work.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

I just got dinner cleaned up and seven loaves of pumpkin bread out of the oven. It smells yummy in my house! I got a hankering for zucchini bread so I went looking for recipes and found a pumpkin-zucchini bread that sounded great so I made that but then I had leftover pumpkin so I made another four mini loaves of regular pumpkin bread and a regular-size loaf of regular pumpkin bread for church and some friends who just had babies. I'll try out the zucchini one in the morning and report back.

Jasmine, sorry about the boring tests.

Karen, what kind of workout did you do that made you so sore???

Debbie, how fun to get to see your nephew! Have a great visit!

Schmoodle, glad you've got a good plan for the week! Have the doctors got the medicines worked out for you?

Claire, I like the idea of tracking calories but I never like the actual work of doing it.

Angie, nice to meet you! You look just like Bette Middler. I bet you get that all the time. Congrats on your bouncing baby boy! My birthday is in July, too. A good month to be born!

Bea, good for you for getting on-line instead of eating pie. I love pie.

uscarchie, going off plan happens to all of us. Good job reigning it in and getting back on track!

Rose, glad your daughter found a dress!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-14-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #22  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning ladies, have I told you that my old body doesn't like time changes? Running a hour late this morning, wonder why

Nat, good luck with your letter of intent. Keep us posted. Congrats on completing another 5K. Good for you and good daughter for walking with your mom.

Kara, sounds like you are so organized and moving right along. Wow, you must have had your furniture priced right for it to sell that fast. Now you can check one more item off your moving list of things to do. Wish we lived closer as I am desperate for one or two bookshelves to house the books that I have for sale on Amazon for a local non-profit that assists women and children escaping domestic violence. They are taking over my family room.

Heidi, glad someone likes this time change and I certainly understand why for those of you who work and need the evening light. However, if I had to wait until evening to walk, I'll never make it. My body is just too tired by then.

Matilda, focuse, focuse, focuse!

Linda, glad you're feeling better.

Kristen, good for you for not falling completely off the beach after your stumble. That's the way to work this plan!

Ruth, yuck on your sour milk . That would do it for me and coffee for today. I hear you about the glasses, I have a pair of reading glasses in every room of our house cause I got tired of looking for them .

Jasmine, wish I could join Tanner when he swims today. Love and miss it but we live so far out in the country and with gas prices as high as they are in California, there is just no way that I can run into a gym.

Karen, you're going great guns on the excercise!

Debbie, wish I could join you in the pool. You are so lucky to have that available.

Diane, good for you stocking your frig. Mine is in pretty good shape to but I do need to sit down and plan my evening meals for the rest of the week. That's so important.

Claire, good luck writing your thesis. My GD recently completed hers and now has her Masters in education. So proud of her. Believe she may be going on too which is great.

Angie, nice to meet you. Also nice to have another tall gal around.

Walked in the rain this morning but not windy and not cold so wasn't that bad. DH put up all of our bluebird nesting boxes yesterday and omg were they ever ready for them. Working their little buns off already. It is so much fun watching them every Spring and is interesting to see if the swallows or bluebirds end up in the box as they all want them.

My wish for today is that each and every one of us can fend off whatever temptation (food wise) that comes our way today and can say this evening that we had a good on plan day.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: maintaining

Angie - Nice to meet you! Glad to see you jumping right in.

Rose - We just got an email with prom info. I assume my son will want to go and we'll have to help him pay. Probably cheaper to rent a tux than buy a dress!

Kara - I think it was push ups on a bar. (And to think I used to do the "real" man kind.) Remember that I am just getting back into strength training after a long time off post-surgery so the soreness just reminds me I have a long way to go but am making progress. That bread sounds sinfully yummy.

Off to do a little more cardio. Wish my eating was as consistent as my exercise
Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
I don't know how I'm going to fit all the stuff on the one table I am going to have at the flea market!
Maybe you can keep some of it in boxes and just fill the table up some more after some sells???
Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #25  
Visualizing the Goal

That is a good idea! Thanks, Natasha!
Closed Thread