South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Default So Close! (a mini rant)

Argh- do you ever just have one of those days, or weeks, where you feel like this weight will never.go.away? I have been hovering under 202 for weeks now, and I still can't get that elusive, beautiful, 199. Oh I've been close, I've been 200.5 for almost two weeks, with random, overnight, 2.5 pound gains (very, very unusual for me) This morning I got to 200. Seriously? I couldn't just squeak out an extra half a pound to get me under 200?

I KNOW that this weight will come off, I KNOW that I have lost almost 40 pounds (if that stupid 199 would just get here...) But I don't feel that way. I'm frustrated because everyone else around me is losing weight and I'm just kind of stalling out. It's even more frustrating because my mom and sister are doing WW and have each lost 10 pounds in the last month. I get all of the "well atleast on my plan I can eat whatever I want in moderation" and blah blah. Yes, that is lovely for you. It doesn't work for me. One- moderation is very, very difficult for me. Two, I don't want to have count things for the rest of my life. Three- even with calorie counting, I never lost weight or kept it off like I have with SB. SB is the plan for me, it works, I just wish it was working faster.

I want to pout and stomp my feet and complain about how unfair the world is. I'm pissed because 199 puts me in onderland, out of obesity, AND at 40 pounds lost. I should be there by now. We're leaving on a trip with some friends this weekend. I wanted to be 198. It should have been easy, it was only a pound a week and I was losing 2-3 a week. I'm not going to make it. I set a goal at the beginning of last month that once I got under 200, I was going to get a nice haircut and mix things up. Now, I feel like an idiot if I get it cut this close to, but not at, my goal, even though it is driving me crazy. I just feel like I am stuck in weightloss purgatory.

Blerf. Sorry for the rant. It's just been one of those weeks. Anyone else?
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #2  
Onederland or bust!!!

S/C/G: 325/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hmm, have you tried switching up your fitness routine and maybe revisiting your intake for a culprit food that's contributing to the stall in your loss? I know how frustrating plateaus can be, but don't give up!!! Have you thought of revisiting P1 or P1.5 for a bit to give yourself another jump start? I think that's what I would do, especially if I was having an issue with craving, which you didn't mention.

Sorry you're having a rough time, hun... I know I've certainly been there.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Amanda
RandoMandaPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Oh honey! I have not been at a plateau for long but I would LOVE to see 199 or 1** (anything for that matter). I am right there with you...but don't give up! Go for a nice walk/jog to get your mind off things and know that it will get better. Don't let this ruin your trip

you are doing great and it won't be long before that 199 is there for you.

Jess
candle lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yeah. Same boat here. Been bouncing around 202, 203 and 201.8 all this month and since the middle of last month. I've resorted to going lower carb than already (I'm sick of egg white omelet for breakfast), physical labor (yes, digging in my side yard, which my DH was going to rent a trencher to do), running instead of my normal elliptical machine. Meticulously counting each calorie even more so than normal, drinking the amount of water for a small horse, etc.

Not much more I can do. Am I frustrated? Yes. Feel better knowing this South Lake: You will make it to the 190's before me. This much is true. Ugghh....
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I know how you felt- that's how I was for a long time too. Shaking up the routine does help! I added an extra workout to push my body down!

Right now I'm battling it out with the 190s- I want to see the 180s soon dammit!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I'm stuck, too. I'm three pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I totally feel your "weightloss purgatory". Um, at least we have company?
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

199 was the most frustrating time for me. It literally took weeks after I'd been losing steadily for months. Perhaps you'll try some of the suggestions and they will help. I can tell you that once I got to the 199 side it really wasn't any different than being on the 200 side.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #8  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Howdy Southlake, good to see you posting. First of all you have just got to know that everyone else around you is not losing weight.............I am in the same boat that you are. My next mini goal is to reach 250 lbs and I am so close I can reach out and touch it but it hasn't happened yet and my target date is fast approaching. The scale is also playing games with me by letting me think I'll reach it and then packing on a lb or two. But I'm determined and know I will get there sooner or later. Hang in there, it will happen for both of us if we just don't give up. I'll be watching for your post claiming victory!

Last edited by TallandThin; 03-10-2011 at 07:31 PM.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote