Had a serving of bread - first time in months!

• Since being on Phase II (or 1.5) I've added back a bit of fruit, carrots - innocuous stuff. Today, for the first time, I had a bread! It was a whole wheat english muffin (with a piece of swiss cheese and canadian bacon). I have been so scared about trying to add any types of bread back into my diet!

So far, so good. I thought it would send me in to a craving whirlwind immediately! No such thing happened!

I'm still not going to have more than one serving a day, if that, for a while. It does take a load of my mind that it would undo me!
  • Good stuff! having it with protein was a good idea. With sugar free jam, it could have set off cravings.
  • Good job! Sounds like you had put some thought into it before just jumping in. Bet you feel better now that the first step is behind you with no cravings. So far I haven't added any grains but someday will and must remember what you said Ruth, about having them with protein.
  • wow..ive become so accustomed to finding recipe without the use of flour or sugar in them,that making a flourless sugarless recipe for bread..fills the spot..but yes..the protein is key to keeping blood sugar stable and cravings at bay..Good job!