SBD Chat for Thursday, March 3

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning. I am NOT sipping coffee while posting and it feels really strange. I have fasting bloodwork at 8:15 so am stuck sipping hot water instead. It sure is NOT the same! I'm a "difficult draw" as the nurses noted on my chart so sipping the water may help by thinning my blood. Wish me luck this morning so I don't have to go to the lab in the city.

Aside from my usual workload, nothing much "fun" is happening around here. I am going to town next week for a day or two to get caught up with my sister and cousin Cathy. It'll be sort of a mini-vacation which I think I need.

I just went up and changed the title from Wednesday to Thursday. Having no power on Monday really screwed me up! Now I'm on track and one day closer to the weekend!

Enjoy your day and think of me when you sip your coffee.
  • I've been there and will be again on March 12 when I have a complete physical. I can go without eating for a couple of hours in the morning, but don't take away my coffee!! Hope it all goes well for you Ruth...
  • Wishing you lots of good luck this morning, Ruth. The thought of drinking warm water isn't very appealing to me, but now I understand why you're doing it. I hope your day gets back on track, once your blood work is over.

It's cold today! With the milder weather we've had, my heavy coat got pushed to the back of the closet, but I'll have to retrieve it for today!
    I think it's a butternut squash soup night, tonight.

Happy Thursday, Matilda!
  • Good morning!

Ruth, good luck this morning. Gulp that water - the paperwork my Dad used to get from his clinic always said, It's easier and quicker to work on 'well hydrated patients'. I don't drink coffee but I sure miss my hot tea on bloodwork mornings.

It's cold here too, Linda. Another inside recess day today. The hardest part for the kiddos is the bright sunshine. It just doesn't LOOK cold. LOL

We had a great time celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday and Read Across America yesterday. I amazed my students and their reading buddies by reciting the entire Dr.Seuss ABC book from memory. I've read and reread it so many times over the past 30 years that it's burned itself into my memory. It was the first school celebration I've faced without my sugar free gum. *gulp* I munched walnuts instead and did pretty well.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!
  • Good morning chicks! This week has totally kicked my butt so far. Today I am running an all day webmeeting/telecon for about 30 participants from all over, and I am fingers crossed that there are no technical issues. I am NOT Miss Tecchy. I am new to these clients and things really have to go smoothly. At least I can run it from home - I was supposed to go the govt site, but the logistics of using the govt system was too problematic. It will definitely be a challenge, as we need to get concurrence from all these different subject matter experts from all the services. Wish me luck!

Anyhoo, kids go in 4 hours late today for PT conferences, and DH will be home tomorrow by lunch! Hope you all have a good coast into the weekend.
  • Good morning! I don't mean to brag or anything but I am pretty much awesome at maintaining 140. Three weeks and one day! Hope I'll be as good at maintaining at goal...

Ruth, good luck with your appointment this morning!

Matilda, hope you have a good Thursday!

Linda, bundle up and enjoy your soup! We had butternut squash soup on Monday. Mmmmmm!

Heidi, I have _Horton Hatches an Egg_ memorized. As the story goes, I used to ask for it before nap and bed every day and my parents have a cassette tape of me, at about two years old, "reading" the book. So sweet!

Schmoodle, fingers crossed for your teleconference this morning and have a great time with your reunion tomorrow!

I'm about off to pick up the girls and then Connor has his violin lesson and then martial arts class. Busy day!
  • We are having another nice weather day today sandwiched between below-average temps so I might try to get out later and take a walk in the sunshine. But I'll still do my morning elliptical inside. DH and I are pretty consistent now with 90 minutes (him on the treadmill next to me) which is about two recorded TV shows. Sure wish the exercise was showing up in a weight loss!

Have a great day everyone.
  • Good morning!!

Life took a turn for the south yesterday, my uncle is not doing well and ended up being put in a medically induced coma. Which meant a unexpected drive to Denver. His chances don't look good. I just can't imagine what my aunt is going through. I know she never thought this would be happening to her. I don't know if I had mentioned eariler, but my uncle is only 45.

My eating has been horrible, I am definately not on plan.

Have a great day!!
  • Good morning Another WFH day this time waiting for the auto repair glass guy. Looks like work is just going to be crazy until 3/20. I'm definitely taking a little more time once we are through that.

The sun is out but it's ridiculously cold. I'll enjoy it from inside with a cup of tea in hand Have a good day friends. I'll be back later.
  • Good Morning

We are recovering from our late night basketball game last night-fun, but a definite change from our usual boring schedule. Today is Kirk's birthday and we don't have a big plan yet.

Jasmine(tanner's mom), I'm sorry to hear that your Uncle is not improving. My DH was placed in a medically induced coma many years ago...it was of assistance while the Dr's were working on stabilizing his condition. I didn't realize he was only 45. What a difficult situation to understand. Take care!

It is a beautiful day here....guess I'll get to my chores.
  • Karen, how fun that your husband exercises with you! Tom and I tried running together once but it did NOT work out. He's 6'2" and I'm 5'4" and we have very dissimilar stride lengths.

Jasmine, I'm so sorry to hear that your uncle isn't doing well. Prayers for your family!

Cyndi, hope the glass guy gets to you quickly!

Debbie, happy birthday to Kirk! Enjoy your day!
  • Ruthie - Good luck with your tests!

Jasmine - Praying for you and your family.

Quick fly-by. Things have been very hectic at work this week. At least it's Thursday already! And I get my hair done tonight! YAY!

The 2 lb "whoosh" I wanted between Monday and Tuesday came between Tuesday and Wednesday. Close enough. So 5 more lbs to go this month. It might be tricky but I think I can do it.

Had a stuffed pepper last night and it was DELICIOUS. Mixed a serving of MS Crumbles, FF refried beans, and 2 T. salsa together, stuffed it inside the pepper, and topped with 1/4 cup LF Mexican blend cheese. After baking 30 minutes, put on a bed of lettuce and cilantro, and topped with 2 T. LF sour cream. Yum. And SO filling. May have to reduce how much I fill it with next time.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Lisa
  • Quote: Karen, how fun that your husband exercises with you! Tom and I tried running together once but it did NOT work out. He's 6'2" and I'm 5'4" and we have very dissimilar stride lengths.!
    Mine is 6'4" and I'm not quite 5'3"! I don't run but when we take walks together he needs to slow down and I need to speed up! Truth be told, other than biking outside, I didn't like working out together at first. It was "me" time. But now I love it for the extra motivation. Usually at least one of us has enough mojo to get us started.

Tanner's Mom -
  • Good afternoon,

Ruth- Hope your tests went well

Jasmine- so sorry to hear about your uncle not doing good.

Debbie- Happy birthday to Kirk

TallnThin- Mine name is actually Rose my nickname in HS was Pearl giving to me by one of my BF Dads. Thanks for your reply and Port's regarding my mouth.....it is actually all better now so I really think it was allergies crazy as it sounds.

I have been doing good eating wise so I am hoping for a woosh at this weekends weigh in. Jillian has been kicking my butt as I am doing 30 day shred again. It is amazing how different parts of your body feel when you switch up the workout routine. I like to switch out every month and do a different series so my body doesn't get used to it.

Schmoodle- I am excited for you, with your hubby coming home tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone
  • Hey ladies! Pressed for time but wanted to check in. I caved and had a cigarette under a high high stress situation. I think I'm going to smoke--just sparingly--until after this road trip I have to take. Big job interview 6 hours away on Monday and I'm on pins and needles. I've been unemployed since the banking crisis hit in fall 08 and if it weren't for staying in my parents' small guest bedroom with my son since my ex left the country on us, I would have wound up in a shelter. I NEED this job. It's a perfect fit and I'm praying it goes well and I get it. It's about time I'm able to get back on my feet!!!

Scale was down 1.8 today, which makes for a happy girl. I'm guessing it had to do with aunt flo taking a hike and letting me de-bloat, haha. I'll take it anyway.

I'll be a bundle of nerves until Monday so I'm not sure I'll be able to be around. Have a great weekend ladies!!!

Amanda