SBD chat for Wednesday, March 2

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello all,
    So far, March is going well. I was on plan yesterday and within reasonable points. Also exercised which is great. Today should be a good day too...I don't have much else to say! Have a great day everyone.
  • Not much to say here either, Matilda, but I am sticking to plan. Still not back at the gym but have been doing the treadmill. My life these days seems to revolve around taxes and dogs.

Coffee is badly needed.
  • Good morning I've got some coffee here Ruth, I'll pour you a big mug.

Mathilda

Just another work day. I'm supposed to be training the person who took one of my counties off my plate but she has a meeting midday so not sure how useful that will be. I've got PT in the afternoon so a big chunk of my day will be spent on my laptop at my in town office (the coffee/bagel shop with Wifi and comfy chairs). The next two and a half weeks will be crazy so a slow day is okay with me. I just hope my broken window stays where it is. I'll drive extra slow just in case.
  • Mmmmmm. Jake got up before me and had the coffee ready when I came downstairs.

March seems to be starting off on the right foot here, with the promise of good things to come. I've been almost totally OP for the month of February, and I know I lost weight since my jeans are loose, and I even have one pair of slacks that are too baggy to wear anymore. Now, if I could only get motivated to get back to exercising. My daughter gave me a good reaming out about that last night.

Kara, thanks for the explanation of your eye treatment. I did giggle a tiny bit, imagining how you managed to do it, but then common sense took over.
  • Good morning, Cyndi! Enjoy your calm day. It sounds cozy, being able to set up shop in the coffee shop. That's such a shame about your broken window! I hope you can get it fixed soon. How's Julie's new job coming along?
  • Good morning Cottage So far Julie is liking the new job. I hope it's as good a fit as it looks like it will be.
    Hooray for loose pants!

I bet your Wii misses you. I was so bad about exercise I had to go back to the 10 minutes/day goal. It did help though.
  • Morning, all! I'm celebrating three weeks at this 140 plateau today. I figured that getting angry with it wouldn't help anything, so I might as well have a good time with it. I'm staying the course and hoping something will give soon. Clothes don't seem to be fitting any differently either. It'll happen. My body must just be confused.

Matilda, here's to another strong on-plan day. Go March!

Ruth, hope your coffee is wonderful!

Cyndi, I laughed about your "in-town office". Enjoy your slow day!

Linda, I'm happy to have given you a chuckle. I've been getting the milk in a cup and then dripping it on my eye from a spoon. Figured that was easier than the hose-in-the-air technique. All thanks to Lukas for sharing his liquid gold. My eye isn't swollen any more and I think I see some white poking through today so hopefully we're in the home stretch.

I have to figure out a snack for Connor's Cub Scout den for this evening. Be back later!
  • Good morning!

Linda - Woo hoo for loose pants!

Not much happening for me today except for hair cut and color. Yesterday was exciting for my teen: he met with a prosecutor to get his speeding ticket changed to a non-moving violation and later had his highest scoring basketball game. Maybe he was working of his anger at paying for his little speeding mistake!
  • Good Morning all..and what an early morning it is..It was 4 am when i woke up this morinng..just couldnt sleep. According to the weather people, we are expecting an incoming hurricane force storm expected to his our part of the island and the wind has already picked up even though they say the warning is for this afternoon..I guess i better get the candles, flashlights and batteries handy just in case, and i guess if our power goes out, i can stick our food outside in the snow to keep it cold.. Mmm..coffee sounds good though i dont drink it.. i will stick to my sugar free homemad hot chocolate..Well, things look like they are looking up..My 8month old baby girl Kaiya is doing a little better..She has a nasty bout of Bronchitis which hasnt been fun..its meant a lack of sleep for me and her..since this is the first time she has been sick, its really shown me just how hard it is as a parent to watch your child go through something..Never had to experience that till now..and no wonder parents say its so difficult and stressfull..Always worrying..Now that she is doing better, i feel a lot less stressed and i can sleep better..

As for March..its looking up..I confessed my food issues in February, and this is a new month now..I had an amazing clean phase 1 day yesterday..I used that amazing alfredo recipe that Ruth posted somewhere on here and had it over prawns and beans for dinner last night..It was amazing! I also made some sugar free ruhbarb sauce for dessert and managed to make some flaxseed foccacia bread which turned out great, so i can make myself an open faced sandwich for lunches..ive been missing my sandwhiches..Anyone know a good tomato soup recipe? I think for me, i realized that on top of being un-easy about my daughter being sick(she was born pre-mature which makes her immune system not so good and much more likely to have respitory issues) and TOM showing up all in the same week, i realized i need to learn how to deal with my stress..usually its with exercise but as of this past week, its been a lot harder with my baby girl being more demanding of my attention and TOM making me feel like crap...on the positive..Im happier, feel better..much better..and i found a good sugar free treat to induldge in that will curb my sweet tooth when that nasty TOM shows up again..Im looking forward to 2 clean weeks..Diversity is the key i believe..Thanks again Ruth for the alfredo post..i could not get over how amazing it is.. i think you changed how i look at my cooked veggies from now on!
  • Good Morning

I'm running behind this morning, but the pups have been out and I've at least had some coffee. Yesterday s**ked, for lack of a better word, but I'm grateful that I'm always ready to start another day cleaning up my act, foodwise.

Today I need to get my paperwork done and then we're going to a basketball game in Denver tonight. I was planning ahead for a semi off plan dinner but will need to rethink that now. The one and only place to eat (sports bar next to the arena) just doesn't have alot of choices for a semi-vegetarian beacher. They do have a plain baked potato, which doesn't give a big rise on my excitement meter. Maybe just a salad and bring my own dressing.

Have a great day everyone!

Porthardy, glad to hear your DD is doing better!
  • Good morning!!

The alarm went off this morning and I really had high hopes it was the weekend, but sadly it is only Wednesday.

The book signing last night was really good. Can't wait to read th book. Today is just another day of fun at work.

Porthardgurl-I totally understand stressing about a sick child. My son has asthma and he will have nights when he coughs constantly. When he was little they really scared me. He to had problems at birth that I swear are the related to his health issues now.

Jasmine
  • Good morning,

Got a meeting in 10 minutes so this will another quickie.

Awana started last night, it went really well considering everyone is pretty new to it. The commander told me I had more experience with Awana then everyone else combined...yikes lol (My two oldest already went through the program from cubbies-they didn't have puggles then to T & T. They didn't do Journey)

On another note, has anyone ever experienced toothpain on a tooth that had a root canal and has a crown on it? I can't decide if it's my allergies acting up or if there is a problem with the tooth. I am giving it a few days and taking allergy medicine to see if that relieves it.

Natasha, somehow my Windshield got a crack in it when we were gone to Gatlinberg in December. It has been slowly expanding but it's on the passenger side so I am going to wait a bit before replacing, we don't have much luck with windshield they are always getting cracked so I figure might as well a bit.

Okay better go, DH is leaving today for Florida and won't be back til Tuesday. I want his schedule

Have a great day everyone.
  • Morning everyone! Glad PHG's DD is doing a little better, and that we all seem to be in the swing of things for March already. In like a lion???

Long night last night... I posted on quitting smoking as some of you have seen/replied, and I woke up at 4 AM with vertigo. I had never experienced it before and man, when you feel it, you FEEL it. I couldn't focus my eyes on anything as the whole room was spinning, but closing my eyes gave me motion sickness. I thought I might get sick for a second, and tried to sit up, only to lose my balance and flop back onto the bed. I had pretty killer heartburn too. Oh well! That scary experience is over and I'm feeling MUCH better this morning, even though my eyes are sore from the whole ordeal, looking for something still on which to focus.

I've started coughing out all the nastiness from my throat and lungs already (TMI... sorry!) and feel that this quit attempt will be successful! My goal today? 5k on the dreadmill, 1 load of laundry, 1 load of dishes, and ZERO cigarettes!

Cheers, chickies!

Amanda

Oh, and the scale didn't budge one way or the other today either. Stupid stupid monthly bloat. Grawr.
  • Morning fellow beachers. It's raining here this morning and with this cold have decided that it isn't a good idea to walk today so for the first time will crack open the DVD that I bought a while ago and have a go at it. Think it is something like Weight Training For Dummies. Will let you know how it goes. After that need to go into the lab for blood work plus a few errands and groceries of course. Will be back later to read everyone's posts. Take care and make yourself your number one priority today (I know, easier said than done but try)
  • EEEEK! Just got a phone call from a woman requesting an interview, but the job is essentially mine. I have been looking for a YEAR without so much as an interview. Only thing is that it's in Virginia Beach, my home town which is great, BUT I don't have the ~$200 it will cost me in gas, a needed new tire, and on-the-road food. And I don't know where I would live if I got it. I'm FREAKING out with both good and bad stress. I keep looking at the cig stash and looking in the fridge. AHHHH! How am I gonna swing this? I need to let her know something by tomorrow...

</vent>