South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sophie, that's an excellent article on yet another one of the evils of McDonald's. Thanks for sharing the link!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! Where's Debbie? I no longer have a personal computer for me to use, so that's why I haven't been on as much. I will buy a laptop for myself for my birthday.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, BellaLucia. Debbie (Lexxis) posted early yesterday morning. How's CA? Have you become a Valley Girl yet?

The memorial service for Maureen was great yesterday. We had people in our Church who had never been inside it or any other Church. Claire and I served coffee and cookies to the multitudes and there was lots of talk about Maureen's life. She was a biker, had worked in a circus and her father was a pro wrestler. I found homes for her dog and her five cats. Whew! I sure didn't want to see them go over Rainbow Bridge.

Church this morning, some desk tidying, two loads of laundry and then a fruit salad to make - an easy day after the past week's pressure of getting tax stuff out to the Mill staff. Tonight we "girls" get together again for dinner which is always nice. (Joanne is still in slight shock after Wade's suicide but it seems to help to laugh and drink wine with us once in a while so we're making this an ongoing Sunday evening tradition - not every Sunday but once a month at least.)

Just let Disney out again and realized it's snowing! This is getting ridiculous but I don't know where to address my complaint.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLucia View Post
Hi everyone! Where's Debbie?
When I'm at the house on the Eastern Slope I have very little internet on the weekends. Early morning is fine, but as soon as the multitudes start heading to the ski areas my connection dives...I tried, and couldn't even sign on last night.

I went for a nap yesterday and slept right through...I figure about 14 hours. I know I needed it. I don't know what's in store for today. I did go to the library before it closed and picked up a few movies. Weekends without internet are especially difficult right now, especially since it is how we get news regarding our friend and his recovery.

The pups have been out. I think I'll wander and find another cup of coffee.

Ruth, I'm glad to hear Maureen had a great send off and that her critters all found home.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, at least it will be once the coffee is ready.

It's going to be an at-home day for me. I want to get out in the back yard to poke around in the garden and see how the compost pile is doing. I got lazy and haven't been adding anything to it all winter. Who wants to trudge through a foot of snow every night? But I may try to give it a few tosses with the pitchfork and hope it will be ready to spread on the garden this year.

Coffee's done! I'll be right back!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #21  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hey, it's snowing again. What a surprise

Ruth - I'm glad the service went well and the critters all have new homes that aren't with you.

Debbie - Sorry about the internet challenges. Hope the news is positive.

Cottage - Our compost bins are buried in snow. That's DW's project so I just ignore it most of the time (unless I need new compost). Speaking of compost, is it too early to start a garden thread? I need something to distract me from this snow!

Bella - Looking forward to hearing your CA update!

It's going to be a mellow weekend day around here - some errands once the snow lets up, cooking, cleaning. Yesterday I actually went out for a walk. It was lovely.

Today would be my brother's 48th birthday. I haven't been able to imagine him over 40, he will always be the kid that didn't quite grow up. I still miss him. Maybe I'll spend a little time with photo albums today.

Hope your day is everything you need it to be.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: maintaining

Kara - thanks for asking. I took it easy and it was great. We are adding a second time per week for a while.

Confession time - I went off plan yesterday and have no idea why. And when I go off I still have the stupid all or nothing mentality. I know I did not really eat enough calories to have gained two pounds over night but suspect it will now take me two weeks to get that back off. Kicking myself. Arrrgh.

Had to do some blog techy stuff today and I hate that. I am clueless. Still trying to figure out the changes. So I guess I'll spend time playing around with that today.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #23  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Morning all..

Ruth? What is Cabana Boys???

Cottage: I hear ya on the snow..North Island BC is getting hit with snow up here last night and today..I think our rosebush is frozen or dead..will find out when its not covered in snow.

Lexis: Nice! I love the ski mountains..and your right..connection tends to such when everyone shows up..its soooo slow.

Cindy: I hear ya on the snow too..Its nice to know im not the only one experiencing wacky weather..

Schmoodle: Sweet deal! I love kitchen cookware..i love to shop for stuff like that..especially when its not my money teehee :P

Matilda: Lucky ducky..a vacation summer rental place sounds nice..wish i could afford such a thing..let alone a vacation this summer..my hunny is working this summer without vacation because he has to play acting manager while the boss goes down island cause his partner is having her baby..which means...2 summers in a row without summer vacation..so little port hardy we stay in..maybe if we are lucky..we can go away on a weekend..I would luck
out even more if my parents take our daughter for a couple nights!

Me: Let me see..its only 6:30 am in the morning and it feels to early to think..ive been up since 5 am because my 7 month old baby girl has a nasty cold and she is teething at the same time..which means it was time for some more tylenol..and then she decided she wanted to stay up and play..guess she thought it was party time.. Meanwhile, ive had a rough night..TOM showed up and has made me bloat like a balloon..this month seems worse then usual cause i feel like a mack truck ran me over..the lack of sleep the past couple nights doesnt help..Was going to go to church this morning..kind of wondering if it will be cancelled..cause the church has no heat in it to begin with..the boiler , i guess..blew..and its snowing outside..which means one of two things..either the heat is off and people will freeze in church cause its a big church with a small congregation..OR.. it will snow too much and people wont bother to try and drive let alone walk..and considering that no one seems to understand the point of a snow plow..the roads never really get cleared.. And me..well..im thinking staying at home in my pj's all day and watching Joyce Meyer on TV might be a better option..especially considering baby girl is not feeling well and i dont want to expose anyone else to her cold, or make her worse by taking her out.So inside it is i guess..

I could use a cup of Joe right now..even though i think maybe i should go back to bed cause baby girl is asleep..maybe its cause the tylenol finally kicked in..if only i felt tired now.. What a blah day..a snowy blah day..

Kara: Pizza sounds yummy..and tea..I love tea..got tons of it stashed everywhere in the house..never thought about going out for tea..maybe i should do that some time...usually its all about going out for coffee..
Old 02-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #24  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Okie! Glad you checked in!

Ruth, I'm so glad the memorial went well and the pets found homes!

Debbie, sorry about the internet troubles.

Linda, good luck getting to your compost!

Cyndi, thinking about you today.

Karen, I have that all-or-nothing mentality, too. So many issues...

Port, when I do eat pizza I like to toast whole wheat tortillas and then load them up with veggies and sprinkle a little cheese on top. The kids LOVE this!

We're home from our busy Sunday - church, Sunday School, and AWANA. Tom's making dinner tonight so I get to relax until it's time to eat. Yay!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

Today is my turn to sit at the hospital. Hopefully, nothing exciting will happen. I have my laptop and nook. I am set

We found out yesterday that my son will be the Dormouse in Alice in Wonderland. He is pretty excited about it.

Have a great day!!

Jasmine
Old 02-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #26  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Oohh, it feels so good to be here on the beach with you all. The sun is just the right temp to warm my old cold body. Got my shades on and plan on just relaxing and perhaps taking a bit of a nap.

Ruth, serves me right for not stopping by yesterday, guess I missed the cabana boys! Seriously, so very glad you were able to find homes for her fur babies. Good job!

Annie, love your bracelet and hope you add many beads. Congrats on your 50 lbs. That is my mini goal that I'm working on.

Karen, I have that "stupid all or nothing mentality" too and since having my heart problem, I've been slipping more and more each day and then a couple of days ago, fell completely off plan................so today I'm back to phase one, measuring, posting my food log and returning to the beginning. I simply refuse to come this far and lose it all.

I'm a bit under the weather right now with the old winter cold so am not going to push myself to walk in this ice cold weather outside. Instead, going to just take it a little easy and do inside things today. Plus, enjoy my time on this nice warm beach!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, ladies!!! I really need to go back and read everybody's posts so I can do personals...I'll try to do that in a little bit. I just posted a new recipe in the Phase II side dishes forum. I tweaked Brian Boitano's Bacon Cups w/ Sweet Potato Hash and made it for dinner tonight...OMG, yum!!! That followed up an hour long hike at the Ocmulgee National Monument Indian Mounds. It was a beautiful day for a hike and I hadn't been to the mounds in DECADES. I really enjoyed it. Last night my roomie and I roadtripped up north to Griffin, GA to see my favorite band in concert. It was a strange crowd (I got told by a very nice old biker that he loves me, though, so yay me) but a good show. Only downfall is that when we were having dinner at the Vortex in Atlanta I accidentally parked in the 15 minute parking for 23 minutes. When I realized it and went out to move my car, it had already been booted. Parking enforcement 1, Me -$75. Oh well, lesson learned.

Anywho, I'll come back in a little bit. Hope you ladies are having a good night!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Lexxiss - Ooooh, you have quite the patience waiting for your hubby for the first cup of coffee. Now THAT is true love!!! You tell him I said he better not let you slip away b/c a woman that'll wait to have the first cup of coffee w/ you is a good one, for sure!!!

annieoh - I love the bracelet idea...what a great way to keep track of your progress AND keep you motivated!!! And congratulations on the 50 pounds...awesome work, girl!!!

Mmckellen - Hope you were able to find you a good rental for the Summer...and yay for the rebate check. I love getting money!!!

Schmoodle - I'd be willing to be the prednisone is the chief cause of your weight gain...it's HORRIBLE for that!!! If I remember correctly, though, it's mostly water weight and should go away pretty quickly.

Cyndi - I sure hope your shoveling days are going to end soon!!! If I could send you the 80 degree weather I had today to help you out, I would. Hope you get some good chuckles and relive some good memories by going through your brother's photo album. *hugs*

tomandkara - Good for you for staying strong and getting that salad. I've always liked the salad bars at pizza buffets, anyway...why are salads so much better when you don't have to do all the prep??? LOL I like the whole wheat tortilla pizza idea. I use whole wheat pita bread w/ a homemade NSA pizza sauce. Pile up w/ spinach, red onions, turkey pepperoni, Canadian bacon (sometimes) and low-fat mozzarella...YUM!!!

Cottage - Sounds like you had a nice day w/ your parents. It's always nice to be treated to lunch. My roomie felt bad for me last night and paid for my dinner at the Vortex. She said "wellllll, you got booted, so I'll get dinner." LOL

WaistingTime - Mmmmmmmmmm, spaghetti squash!!! It's SO good!!! I haven't had the chance to watch Social Network yet, but I want to...I've heard it's good.

tanner'smom - Oh my!!! Good luck...I hope, for your hair's sake, your acquaintance IS good, LOL

NicoleInCt - Hi!!! Welcome to the forum!!!

sophie - Sounds like you're keeping super busy. Interesting article on McDonalds' oatmeal...not that there was ever any doubt that it would be complete junk anyway, LOL Amazing to see just how BIG of a pile of junk it is, though...more sugar than a Snickers bar!?!?!? YUCK!!!

Okie - Oooh, a new laptop is a good birthday present!!! When's your birthday??? I for one miss your posts...so I hope it's soon, LOL.

Ruth - Oh wow...awesome job finding a home for all 6 animals. That must've been quite the chore!!! I'm sure Maureen would be very pleased to know that you were able to find them a loving home. Sounds like she led quite an interesting life, for sure. So sorry for your loss, hon. *hugs*

TallandThin - I too am fighting a cold, but it's almost done. Hope yours is on the way out as well!!! I took a few days off from exercise, too, b/c I found it too difficult to breathe while exercising and, well, it's kind of important to do that. LOL

Okay, yay, I got personals done!!!
Closed Thread