South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218.5/211.1/175

Height: 5' 4"

Default Join me in Phase 1?

I lost focus in phase 2 and, as I have read elsewhere in this subforum, incorporated way too much fruit and way too many carbs (even tho they were brown). I have been stuck at around 205-206 since October 2010. I finally have committed to "re-starting" the SBD, which really works for me when I follow it (what a concept, to actually follow the diet!).

Are there others out there who need to go back to phase 1 to re-kick-start their weight loss? I would really like the company! Like most people, I am not crazy about phase 1, but it does work and it will only be for two weeks.

I am SO glad this forum is here with all the good information about the SBD.

Sharon

Last edited by jicarilla; 02-20-2011 at 06:15 PM.
jicarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hi Sharon , the same as you , I have been in the same weight actualy I gain 5 pounds , went from 128 to 133 since oct.
I will love to star SBD whit you, when are you planing to star.
I was thinking Tuesday since is a long weekend here in Canada , but let me know. Jessica
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8

Hi!

I am starting phase one too. I've never been on South Beach before, maybe we could start a thread / use this one and write our meal plans and how we are doing there? Would be great!

I'll be starting tomorrow! We had a party last night and starting a diet with a hangover is brutal. I'm cooking the quiche on the go from the South Beach book at the moment and making excel spreadsheets to make sure I stick to the allowance for beans etc.

Claire
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #4  
A chick on a mission!

S/C/G: 229/ticker/145

Height: 5'4.5

For those of us wanting to start the South Beach Diet, what material/book would you suggest. Thanks!
Ladybird1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ladybird, I would suggest reading the newest SBD book, SouthBeach Diet, Supercharged, since it's the most up-to-date with the latest food lists for each phase, and it also includes an exercise program. But the orginal South Beach Diet book is fine to use, too, and you can get the most recent changes to the food lists here in our FAQs.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

im on the s.b phase 1 right now..just cause i can?? i wasnt ready to get off phase 1 yet and move on..so i will join ya.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/161/135

Height: 5'2

I am starting tomorrow as well! I have the original book, though I read it about 5 years ago and dont recall using it! But I definitely need support as right now I have none, so I would love to join you all!
sja80123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #8  
SGeranium

Height: 5"8

Default I just started phase one on Wednesday

I'm only 5 days in and would love some group support.
SGeranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/307/150

Height: 5'5"

I've started today on Phase 1. I could really use the support, too. Hi ya'll.
justmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'll be back on Phase 1 next week (just got my tongue pierced so I'm living off of NSA apple sauce and smoothies lol), so I'll jump in then too
Mum2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #11  

Wow! I am so glad there are so many of you out there. I started today (Sunday), but why don't you all pile in whenever you feel like it. As far as what the diet is and how to do it, there are lots of stickies and areas of the SBD subforum with great messages in them. If you aren't familiar with the diet, just take some time before you start to sit and read about it . For starters go to SBD FAQ forum and read the thread Phase 1 Revised May 2008--that is what I am following. Any of the books will tell you the science behind the diet and all I need right now is the food list. All the books have recipes if you are into cooking, but if you don't want to buy them, just use the SBD recipes posted on this forum for awhile instead.

So far so good--I had eggs and bacon for breakfast and a spinach salad with mushrooms and garlic shrimp for lunch. I'm having baked chicken, broccoli and more spinach salad for dinner. My snacks today are celery and cream cheese and hard boiled eggs. I started before I had done a really good shopping for SB so I am kind of using up stuff in the fridge. I do my shopping on Wednesday and will get better prepared for variety then.

Sharon

It feels SO great to have so many people doing this together--I usually am on my own.

Last edited by jicarilla; 02-20-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: add the tracker
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8

Today was my first (ever!) South Beach day, after eating exactly what I wanted for two weeks. I went from 152.6 on Atkins to 145.6 (was the lowest I've ever seen it). Well I'm back up to 152.2 now, but i'm not too bothered about that. My tight jeans (that didn't fit before Atkins) still fit, so I think some of that is water weight. Anyway, I don't trust the scale to tell me all I need to know, so i've bought some callipers and a measuring tape as well. I'm waiting for my bf to come home from work and measure me, romantic!

My meals for today are:
B: Quiche to go x 2 from the SB Supercharged book
Coffee with a bit of milk
Little bit of V8 juice (urgh!)

S: 2tbsp nuts (mixed)
Half a red pepper cut into slices

L: Provençale soup (white beans mainly, I added a can of tomatoes) with a sprinkling of Parmesan on the top
2 more quiche to gos (I was starving! I was delayed at work and didn't eat lunch until 3pm)

S: 250ml natural yoghurt with a dash of almond essence

D: Pesto baked chicken with mozzarella and lots of roasted veggies and salad)

Sweet treat : Cocoa with milk allowance and a bit of artificial sweetener

+ LOTS of water

Will post my stats after the boyf comes home!

Claire
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #13  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Lets see..yesterday...

Breaky: 2 eggs scrambled with a dash of cinnamon and sugar free maple drizzled on top..

Lunch: 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt mixed in with 2tsp of sugar free strawberry jam(its allowed on phase 1 according ot the new book..i reccomend it to spice up those who hate plain yougurt) plus 2 cups of veggie cocktail(low sodium) BLEH! and 1 can of diet rite cola(splenda sweetened)

Snack: 1 laughing cow cheese triangle with celery and cream cheesy jello(sugar free strawberry jello mixed with a tsp of light cream cheese and then set..)

Dinner: 8ounces of cooked chicken breast over green salad drizzled with a Newmans light olive oil and vinegar dressing..only has 1 carb per serving in it..

Dessert/Snack: 3 minute flourless chocolate cake(yum) and 1 diet rite cola(im a cola addict still)..thank goodness there is no sugar.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233/218/160

Height: 5"4'

I will join you too. I started SBD on Jan 18th. Got to phase 2 and went off track with too much grains and fruit as well. I am on day 2 of phase 1. I hate phase 1 so I am going to need lots of support!
rachelrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #15  

Default Welcome everyone...

Welcome to Rachel and porthardygurl.

I'm going to mention food only "by exception". Today I stayed completely on Phase 1, except I snacked on many more than 15 almonds. I mention this only because I am trying to be accountable--I need someone to be accountable TO, and it's you guys! Ah, well, as Judith Beck (see Judith Beck Subforum) would say, time to move on...

I am really trying to adopt some better habits this time around, which includes drinking more water, which I am extraordinarly bad at and to get some exercise, which I am even worse at. I had planned to exercise today, but haven't managed it. I did park as far as possible away from the Wal-Mart entrance today so got a spontaneous short walk to the store and back. [This is called grasping at straws ]

One other thing is that I have been weighing myself every morning and this, for me, is not a good idea. A once-a-week weigh-in is the way is best for me--otherwise I let those little increases discourage me. I almost always lose something in a week, if only 1/10 of a pound, and I need that reward.

What habits do you guys find helpful?

Sharon