South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default SBD Daily Chat - Fri. Feb. 18th

Happy Friday Chicks! I'm just pouring my first cup of coffee (easy to tell because it took me multiple tries to type that!) and thinking about my day. What's on the agenda for you? I love starting my day with a stop in here with all of you. It helps me stay grounded and remember to focus on my health.

I'll be back after I get some caffeine in my system
Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Cyndi! I'm still waiting for my coffee to finish brewing, but it should ready pretty soon.

It's supposed to be in the low 70s today for my day off! I'm eager to throw open the windows and give the house a good airing out while I'm cleaning. I have a few errands to run and have to get groceries and will probably stop in to visit my parents, then I'm hoping to get outside in the yard and peek in the flower beds if it's not too muddy. Most of the snow has finally melted and it's the first time I can see the ground since December.

TallandThin, I'm so happy that the defribrillation finally worked and that you're feeling so much better again.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Cyndi, I look forward to checking in here each morning for the same reasons. I've worked hard to loose my weight but I give you ladies the credit for keeping me motivated and on track. Now I'm counting on all of you to help me maintain my loss!

TallandThin, What great news. I'll keep you in my prayers as you gain strength and start feeling good again.

We're looking at another nice warm, day too - though not as warm as yours Linda! 70 degrees in February? I can't even imagine it. Enjoy your day - I wonder if you'll go for a walk?

I'm still dragging today, but it's the last day before vacation and whatever this bug is I figure I picked it up at school, so I'm heading in this morning.
So many staff members were out sick yesterday that I imagine it would be tough to get a sub today anyway.

Enjoy your Friday friends!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

I'm back after doing a little work That's okay, now I'll be a slug for an hour or so.

Cottage - It won't be as warm here but I'm happy with anything above freezing. Enjoy your open windows!

Heidi - Hope the bug moves on so you can enjoy your week off. There are two nasties all over the place here. So far I've been really lucky, not easy being in and out of child care programs all day.

Tall & Thin - Thanks for sharing the good news! Here's to more energy today then yesterday

I'm working from home this morning then working from the auto dealer this afternoon. My car finally said it needed a tune-up so off we go. I love a mechanic with WiFi. I'm not taking the long weekend, I'm going to save my day for another time. It's still a relaxed weekend (mostly) so looking forward to two whole days of cooking, cleaning, a Trader Joe's run, and playing with my Kindle.

Time to plan breakfast. I love at home days when I actually have time to cook something. Happy Friday friends
Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, I hope you start feeling better in time to enjoy your vacation. A walk today sounds good, especially since I won't have to skirt around the ice.

Cyndi, it sounds like you have a pleasant day planned. I think I'm going to do some cooking today, too, especially since I've just been whipping up anything I could put together fast and easy all week. Monday will be a regular work day for me, but I'm looking forward to spending all day with my girlies. My granddaughter, Amber, wants to come with me, and we're thinking different projects we can plan for the day.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, it is warm here too in UP of Michigan, but there is another woosh of coldness coming soon. It was so beautiful out on wednesday. I wish it was 70 here like Linda is going to have. It is making me have spring fever. Not to much today going on just off to school playing some raquetball later on. This weekend the parents are coming up so hopefully all goes well. Hope you all have a swell day.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another morning of wakening to daylight! I love to see the days "gaining" weight! We are supposed to hit 50ºF today. I know it won't last but I'll take it. It's raining but, if it lets up later, I will shovel the snow off the back deck. As long as the snow is there, the Doggage think it's OK to do "lazy potty".

Donna didn't show yesterday but will be here today. At least the house stayed tidied up! She'll be here this morning and I intend to leave her in charge of the dogs and head to town. I have a big printing job to drop off and still can't find a special type of quilting thread! I also want to check out some fabrics before the big clearance sale at the end of the month. Cotton textile costs are going through the roof this spring so I need to stock up - not that I need more fabric!

Heidi, I'm sorry you haven't shaken the bug. I think it's amazing that teachers aren't sick more often - you all should get danger pay!

Cyndi, it took me a minute to figure out how wii could fix your car. Duh! More coffee needed.

Cottage, I love the crocus picture. I so envy you bare ground! There is just an edge of the deck peeking through the snow but the side porch steps have melted off. I'm hoping the next few weeks are mild and more goes. The lads at the diner were talking tapping yesterday.

This is a long weekend here - it's Family Day on Monday. It's a day the government initiated to force families to stay together! I'm not sure it's working although some folks are planning skating on the Canal and tobogganing if there's still enough snow after a weekend of rain. Don't you Americans have a stat holiday Monday? President's Day?

At any rate, TGIF and TGFC!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello there and Happy Friday! We are supposed to have beautiful weather again today and a long walk is on the agenda first thing. I walked for over an hour and a half yesterday, and boy was I tired last night - I fell asleep reading at about 7:30. Of course, DD woke me up to tell me she was going to bed at 9:30, so then I was up 'til all hours. We've got a vet appt this afternoon, and the kids are out 2 hours early today. Pizza night at my mom's tonight, I guess. Maybe I can sneak out and get the grocery shopping done before the weekend too. Yesterday we killed 7 stink bugs and the kids are freaking out - they can't even enjoy the nice weather because they've decided that this year's infestation will be way worse than last year (and they are probably right). They HATE those things. I have to look through their rooms before they'll go to bed. I think they're a pain but they don't bite or sting or carry diseases, so I just squish and flush 'em (bugs not kids).

I had Rachel Ray on yesterday afternoon and she was cooking a low-carb meal for all her friends on "those low-carb plans like Atkins and South Beach." She was cooking for a guy that's had great success with SB and she was using ground turkey, but then she said it was okay to add butter and pork bacon because "all those plans say go ahead and eat the good stuff". I had to chuckle. I've been doing this all wrong! Thanks, Rachel.

Ruth, we have President's Day and the kids are off, but I'm not sure that I am - better check, thanks for reminding me! I think that may be one of my floating holidays and I'd rather work and save it for something fun anyway.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-18-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I would however like to crawl back in bed. My back and head are killing me. However, it is off to work I go. Just like Heidi I know there are probably no subs. It feels like half my school is going to be gone anyway. I will just cross my fingers the kids are well behaved today.

Have a great day!!

Jasmine
Old 02-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

TallandThin, great to hear from you and glad you're feeling better!

Prayers for our friend, Pat, from Alaska. They were in Virginia visiting family and were involved in an auto accident. His wife suffered only bruises but his neck injury is dire...he is paralyzed with a 2-10% of any improvement. I will focus on keeping food on track. Very sad here today. He was the best man at our wedding many years ago.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

TallandThin - Glad to hear your good news

Debbie -

I have not been eating well and am feeling a bit down on myself. Exercise is good, but I don't know what's going on with the food piece. I guess I need to commit to PH 1 again! Heavy sigh. I'm feeling like a broken record. And that record might just be "Oops, I've done it again!" Okay, whine over. Just felt I needed to get that off my chest. Particularly because when I am doing poorly I tend to not want to join in here!

I'm going to eat my nice SB friendly beans for breakfast now...

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #12  
~Kit~

S/C/G: 220.8/171.0/160

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - sending prayers your way!

Karen - I can completely relate to you on when you are somewhat off track you don't feel like contributing. I hope you have a great OP day and weekend!!

I somewhat just keep a rough count of calories I take in while on SB and found myself to be super short last night. After exercise my net calorie intake was just over 700 calories! Way to low for my comfort. I really try to get in AT LEAST 1,000. I also have completely failed the last couple of days at getting in my 4 1/2 cups of veggies...this is the hardest part of the plan for me

I have to go and get a prescription filled on lunch so I plan on going to the store and also picking up some more veggies I can snack on during the day. Realizing I'm going to have to plan my meals better next week to insure I'm getting my veggies in!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday!!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Wan2B - No worries, it'll all come eventually. Lots of trial and error. Make a veggie soup! (Or come over to our house - Chris makes good soup!) I have a good recipe too..... I'll have to dig it out at home for you.

Still holding steady. Not making good decisions this week. Really trying to be EXTRA good so I can drop a bit more before month-end.

Busy at work today (that's the trend lately!) so I'd better cut break short. Hope everyone's having a great day!

Lisa
Old 02-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Debbie to you and sending healing thoughts to your friends. My cousin broke his neck and recovered significantly more than doctors predicted. Hope a good recovery for your friends.

So my day just got a little more stressful, not the day itself but anticipation of stress. I've pretty much made a career out of empowering others and helping them grow as leaders. I'm very much a behind the scenes kind of person. I just got a call that they want me to give testimony at the statehouse Wed. Now I've done that sort of thing long ago in another lifetime but it's not where I like to be. I'd much rather support and encourage someone else to do it! I will now try not to waste time getting stressed. I did go to my closet to figure out what to wear though. That seems like a reasonable thing to worry about
Old 02-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Cyndi - You'll be fine! What have you decided to wear?
Closed Thread