South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Chat for Tuesday, Feb. 15

Hey, am I the first? Ruth, have you been able to sleep later these days?

I'm sort of struggling along with some emotional issues around my parents these days. Somehow I feel I could be a better support to them/kinder to myself if I were able to give up my emotional attachment to feelings about my childhood (I know - wouldn't we all?) But I'm 44 years old and it's really time for me to let those things go and live my own life and help them out without constantly feeling triggered and angry. (sigh).

On a more positive note, I'm happy to say that everything else seems to be going well for me. I'm on plan, and have had several nsvs in the clothes department so that's great. I'm REALLY hoping for a loss on the scale this week. It should be a relatively quiet week, and hopefully I can get a lot done at work. Still have to hand in my 3 month report though. I'll try to work on that today...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Matilda. Congratulations on the nsvs with clothes. I love those more even than the lower numbers on the scale. Fitting into clothes is a much more tangible reward for hard work and healthy habits.

I've been wondering about Windsong. Did I miss a post saying that she'd be gone for a few days? And I'm wondering how Okie's trip to CA went. I guess it's my morning for wondering.

Better to wonder than think about today's weather in the mountains of Maine. It's another very cold and windy day today, with a wind chill advisory saying it will feel below 0 most of the day. Inside recesses the week before vacation again... It's going to be a long day! lol

Have a healthy, happy on plan Tuesday, friends!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:12 AM   #3  

Morning everyone...it's a very early day for me today so hope to stop back by later this afternoon....
Old 02-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyChicks.

Thanks for cranking us up, Matilda. I fully understand your stress over your parents. Even now, at 72, I still think about how we should have handled things and it's just about time for my kids to start stressing about me.

Heidi, we are very brrrrr here too today with a windchill below 0ºF. Tomorrow we go soaring up to nearly 50ºF. February and March are such crazy months! Maybe the snow and ice will melt off the outside garlands and I'll be able to bring them indoors to dry and then be packed away.

at Litar. I hope your day goes well so you can pop back in. We'll save you a space on the beach blanket.

Yes, Windsong is among the missing but Okie has arrived safely in California according to the last post on yesterday's thread.

Today's a busy one! I'm off to get the car maintenance done and my front wheel/steering checked. Then I'll pack the Good Food Boxes and distribute them. Jazz and I do one-on-one therapy this afternoon and I have a meeting tonight. I'd much rather quilt, read and pet dogs but duty calls.

Happy V-Day plus one. By the way, the cabana boys won't be around today. I gave them the day off as they worked really hard for V-Day.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Matilda and Heidi and those to come.

It's a cold and windy morning here, too. But at least the snow is finally melting away.

Matilda, there's nothing quite like the feeling of an NSV, and that's great that you're seeing results! You are doing so well with combining points plus with SBD, and I'm happy that it's working for you!

Heidi, I'm not sure where Windsong is, but Okie posted in yesterday's daily last night that she's happily getting settled in her new home. I sure hope everything works out for her and think she made the right decision. Did you and your class have a fun Valentine's celebration? Make sure to dress warmly today with that windchill!

Morning, Litar! I hope your day goes well! See you later!

Since it's so cold and windy outside, I think I'm going to put on a pot of chili before I leave the house this morning. That will sure be something tasty to look forward to when I get home. I'm planning to make myself comfortable in front of the fireplace in the kitchen all morning and polish silver. That's a task I actually enjoy doing. The girls have gymnastics after school this afternoon, so I'll have to remember to bring along something to read. It looks like a pretty easy day, so far.

There you are, Ruth! I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with your car. Too bad you gave the cabana boys the day off, though. Maybe they could have fixed it for you.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-15-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all! It's another rainy day in Germany. This weather is making it easier to plan our move. I have really enjoyed our time here, but the gray skies haven't been my favorite. My belly is all out of whack today. It's my own fault. I just wish the things that make me feel yucky also tasted yucky. That would make life a lot easier.

Matilda, congrats on the NSVs! You rock!

Heidi, I hope your kids aren't too crazy. Do you have a book of indoor activities to give you new ideas, or do you have a mental arsenal full of good things for them to do?

Lisa, have a great day!

Ruth, good luck with the repairs. I hope they aren't too costly! Enjoy your therapy time with the pup!

Linda, have fun with the silver! Are you doing your own or Cindy's?

I got the chores done early today and Lukas and I got in a walk, despite the rain. Connor should be home in a couple minutes and then we have to go get the girls from school and get our lessons finished before Daisy Scouts and Connor's basketball game this evening. Have a great day!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Thanks Ruth and Linda, I missed Okie's post from yesterday.
I'm glad to know she arrived safely.

Ruth, around here people seem to leave their outdoor Christmas decorations up until Easter. Relax and leave your garland alone.... (I can say this smugly because all we do are evergreen wreathes. lol)

Cottage, we did have a great Valentine celebration at school yesterday. Lots of hugs and smiles and excitement as they opened their valentines and lots of fun with heart themed centers all day. We ate "healthy" at our party, too. Red and white food - apple slices to dip in vanilla yogurt.

Kara, my son spent most of his first 5 years in Germany. Both kids have lots of great memories of those years, but Dan says what he mostly remembers is walking in the rain with his rubber boots and raincoat. I hope your belly settles down.

I have a nice, big classroom and we do lots of active games and movement activities. The thing that's hard about days like this is that it's so bright and sunny outside - the kids look out the window and don't understand why they can't go out and play on the snowbanks and slide down the hill. It LOOKS so warm in the sunshine!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-15-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Had a busy day yesterday, not Valentine's related. Today, the same. Off soon to take DH for a routine colonoscopy. Hopefully I can be motivated enough to exercise in the afternoon.

Have a great one all!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/243/160 5lbs gone yay

Goodmorning ..... I started my first time on SB today and just joined this site yesterday... looking forward to leaving work here in about 45 min and going home to my old friend the elliptical ive been playing around on this site little bit yester seems really great and full of such very awesome welcoming motivators.....and finally some life out there like me,... im ready to do this with u guys..
Old 02-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hey chicks,
Yesterday was busy for me too, also not Valentine-related. We ended up at the retirement home last night playing bingo with the seniors for DD2's Scout-related community service. It was lots of fun. Those seniors are out for blood when there's a $5 McDonald's card prize. I am happy to see 80% of my yard out from under ice and snow, should all be gone by the end of the week, woo-hoo! Today will be busy but I'm still ahead on work hours, so I'll have to knock off a couple of hours early this afternoon. I've got to figure out what to do with my bonus time!
Confession time - I've been engaging in some binge behavior lately, not just off-plan eating, but really out of control like I haven't done in a long time. Candy everywhere yesterday didn't help. I'm off to plan my menu for the day now and hopefully I can get these demons back under control. I want to report back tonight that I have had a 100% on-plan day. Just one day at a time.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Bout of insomnia in the middle of the night so I'm just reaching the able to type point. I'm so glad I'd already planned a WFH day today.

Mathilda- I went through the same process when my brother moved and I stepped in with my parents. It has gotten better over time for me. Once I could really identify triggers it got better. I go out for a walk or just remove myself from the situation for a few minutes and remind myself that I am a grown-up now.

Heidi - Isn't it a crazy week? Warm, then freezing, then warm again - gotta love February in New England

Lisa

Ruth - I am almost willing to hop in my car and drive up there for 50ºF!

Cottage - I was thinking about chili this morning too. Just listening to the wind made me want a pot

Kara - Hope the tummy settles down. I had the same experience yesterday with some unfortunate items made with wheat.

Karen- Have a good day. Hope you have a good book to read.

goalfinisher

Schmoodle - I still fall into binges now and then too. It's so frustrating. Planning the day out and sticking to it will help. I'll be looking for you tonight.

Late start this morning so it's time to make my work plan and get moving. I'm sure I'll be back later (I love working at home!).

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-15-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

goalfinisher, to The Beach! I love your username, BTW. It shows true determination to succeed! You'll find plenty of support here to help you reach your goals, too. We're glad to have you on board!

Schmoodle, I'm holding you accountable for a 100% on-plan day and will be looking for your post tonight. You can do it, girl!

Karen, I hope your DH's colonoscopy goes well and you feel energic this afternoon! How are you feeling these days?

Kara, when I think of Germany, I think of rain. The 2nd time we were stationed there, it rained 13 weeks in a row when we arrived! But it makes you really appreciate the green, green grass and all the colorful flowers when the sun finally comes out.

Cyndi! At least this job lets you work from home. Have a great day and enjoy your chili!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-15-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good Morning!

Yesterday ended up being interesting. I got a call to my classroom that my son was throwing up. Yipee. He goes to school with me. Luckily, my mom was able to come and get him for me. He seems much better now. He is fighting a cold and I have a feeling it was just the phlem collecting in his belly. He has a tendency to do this. I do feel bad because he missed his Valentine's party.

Hopefully, life will be calmer today

Have a great day!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

So the ticker is up 1.8 lbs.... grr.... my own fault though. Valentine's Day is over so there's no more "here honey, I got you your favorite! Mint Meltaways!" Now back to normal. God bless my sweet man.

He did make me a HUGE pot of veggie soup last night (red peppers, celery, mushrooms, asparagus, carrot, onion, garlic) even though he made noodles and all kinds of other stuff for them. Sweet man.

Starting the day off right today with a pot of green tea. Yesterday it was just a Vanilla Coke Zero. Gotta hydrate. Should be nice and busy today - heading out to Chris' parents' house to try to fix Chris' dad's computer, then picking up Voodoo's Heartguard and Comfortis at the vet, and taking her through the DOG WASSSSHHHH. We tried on Sunday but there was a HUGE line so we thought it would be better today.

Anyhoozle, gonna pour myself that first cup of tea and look into a fake bacon sandwich. Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

Lisa
Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Heidi, I'm glad your classroom is big. I want to be one of your kindergarteners!

Karen, good luck to your husband!

goalfinisher, welcome to the forum!

Schmoodle, I think you have a good idea setting a plan. Sometimes I have to take it one meal at a time because a whole day sounds overwhelming. You can do it.

Cyndi, sorry to hear you're having sleep issues still. Have you ever tried progressive relaxation? That helps me get to sleep when I can't seem to otherwise.

Linda, you're right in that I do appreciate all the sunny days a lot more than I used to!

Tannersmom, I hope your son (Tanner???) is feeling better soon!

Lisa, that Chris is a catch. Does Voodoo enjoy the dog wash?

I just fed the kids lunch and did Kadyn's math and violin with her. Connor only has his history and the rest of his math to finish and then we're off for the afternoon. I got both fridges cleaned out today. Wasn't on the agenda, but needed to be done. I didn't actually scrub them, but I dumped all the I-don't-remember-when-I-served-this food and the kids and I had the salvageable scraps for lunch.

Back to work!
Closed Thread