South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question On South Beach and noticed "Bead diet"... Skeptical?

So here i am on South Beach, busting my butt to lose all this weight, when i come across this forum called "The bead diet" Its of course, all about Accuweight bead diet. People say that on that diet, you have days where you eat just veggies and fruit and then days where you drink just milk or eat yogurt.. People are claiming that this works and that they are losing on average 15 pounds a month.. and that the company says thats the average per month till you get down to your goal weight..

Well, i dont mind the Beach diet...it takes a long time it seems and i have a long way to go..but tell me..if this "Bead diet" works and its healthy, then how come everyone isnt on it? Or is it healthy? does it really work??? I guess in a way, it frustrates me to no end to see myself working really hard only to see other people losing weight that quick..is it really realistic???
I mean i can easily live off veggies fruit and milk..thats not difficult..i have no cravings anyway..
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out "Does It Work". I imagine most of the Beachers will say that South Beach is a long-term and sustainable way of life.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

diets come and go. south beach is one of the few that i've seen around for years. fad diets pop up, people claim to lose a million pounds and then they disappear...and i can only assume that is because they don't work as magically as they are advertised.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

im sure the "bead" diet works but so does every fad diet. but the SBD is a new way of life. a new way of eating. sure if you just want to lose those 15lbs for a month or so it would be great but i bet the moment you stop that you would probably gain it back plus some. but thats just my opinion.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the others. I would be worried not about whether or not it works (I'm sure it does), but rather is it sustainable -- will you be able to keep off the weight you lost? From the sounds of it, I'd say no, because, at least for me, the idea of eating nothing but fruit and veggies one day then consuming nothing but diary another wouldn't be something I'd be able to do long-term
Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

South Beach isn't a "diet". It's a new way of eating that you will follow the rest of your life. It is good for your heart and your digestive system and will give you the full range of nutrients your body needs. The weight comes off slowly. Believe me, I know. Some MONTHS I only lose ONE POUND. I've been around this forum for over four years now, on and off, and you know what I've noticed? The regulars who are here consistently are losing weight and keeping it off. I'll fall off the wagon and come back and see that they've lost five or ten pounds in the four months since I've been away. No, it doesn't sound like a lot, but they are down twenty, thirty, fifty pounds since I started coming here. This is a real way of eating and you can do this forever. We all want a quick fix but the reality is that we need to learn how to eat healthfully for the long haul, and this is the answer.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

A diet where you eat only vegetables and dairy is not healthy. Why not try the grapefruit diet, the scarsdale diet, the master cleanse, or any other fad diet out there? Also, no one is losing 15 lbs. each month, every month. It's not humanly possible. If you are looking for a quick fix, then SBD is not for you.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-11-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #8  

Well, you loose 15 pounds in a month...Then you gain it back in 3 weeks...plus you gain an extra 5 pounds just because you were in a hurry to loose and then, you gain 5 more just because...LOL
These quick fixes are just that and they do not work..Stay with your slow SBD and the weight will stay off...because your body has a chance to get used to new habits....
Old 02-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
South Beach isn't a "diet". It's a new way of eating that you will follow the rest of your life. It is good for your heart and your digestive system and will give you the full range of nutrients your body needs. The weight comes off slowly. Believe me, I know. Some MONTHS I only lose ONE POUND. I've been around this forum for over four years now, on and off, and you know what I've noticed? The regulars who are here consistently are losing weight and keeping it off. I'll fall off the wagon and come back and see that they've lost five or ten pounds in the four months since I've been away. No, it doesn't sound like a lot, but they are down twenty, thirty, fifty pounds since I started coming here. This is a real way of eating and you can do this forever. We all want a quick fix but the reality is that we need to learn how to eat healthfully for the long haul, and this is the answer.
I completely agree with Kara.
I'm the one who falls off the wagon, comes back and I make exactly the same observations as Kara. This is a sensible plan, based on good nutrition, and it WORKS if you do it consistently. Our regs are doing great on this plan.
I struggle for many reasons but SBD is the one I come back to and it reminds me of all the years I spent trying to give up smoking. I tried and tried and tried, I never gave up trying to quit. And one day it just clicked and I stopped smoking. For me it's the same process with SBD. I didn't do it once. lose all the weight and stay on it and maintain forever. That's a pity. But I keep coming back to it, because I truly believe in this plan, and I will keep on trying until I succeed.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Closing this as question answered.
Closed Thread