South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Is Cool Whip Free in America the same thing as Cool Whip Fat Free in Canada?

So im guessing that Cool Whip Free is an American thing cause i cant find it anywhere here in Canada..so would our Cool Whip called 95% FFree Cool Whip be the same thing as Cool Whip Free?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I moved this to the main area so more people would see it. I bet someone knows the answer. I don't touch the stuff at all so am no help
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #3  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

thanks..cuz im still wondering? yah..truly i probably shouldnt touch it either but when it comes to eating bean-y brownies..i like something a little creamy..tried some yogurt on top of my brownie last night..not bad
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

In the USA, there are three varieties of "diet" Cool Whip: Cool Whip Lite, Cool Whip Free, and Cool Whip Sugar Free

I found some info on the kraft foods website

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/coolwhi...ipProducts.htm

You can see which matches your ingredient and/or nutrition label.

In summary

The light and the sugar free have 3g of carbs, 0g, of protein, and 1g of fat and 20 calories (per 9g serving)

The free has 3g of carbs, 0g, of protein, and 0g of fat and 15 calories (per 9g serving)

The nutrition information is so close, that I personally would consider them all virtually interchangeable. For that matter, regular Coolwhip only has 25 calories per 9g serving and is actually lower in carbs (1.5g of fat, and 2g of carb, and 0 protein).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

It would probably be a little better just to whip up some real cream or half and half and not have all the additives. If it is just for a bit on top of a bean brownie, you can probably go for the good stuff. I noticed that they sell ff half and half in the supermarket now. I wonder if that would whip up well?
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It's possible to whip low-fat, but it's difficult and it breaks more easily than cream (which doesn't hold up all that well, either). It's why the CoolWhips and Whipped Cream in a can were invented, because to use a dollop here and there, just isn't possible when you whip cream yourself. It falls apart too quickly. So you can't just store it in the fridge and use a little here and there. You've got to make it right before you serve it (I've heard people say it can last 2 to 3 days in the fridge, but I've never had mine last even 24 hours).

I learned that the hard way with a beautiful key lime pie I made for a dinner party (I finished right before guests started arriving). The whipped cream looked gorgeous when I piped it onto the pie, and slide the pie into the fridge, but when I went to pull the pie out a couple hours later, the whipped cream had broken and was a weeping, awful mess.

When you whip cream, you've got to use it fairly quickly.

That's why I don't really worry about the additives in Cool Whip. I use it so rarely, that I'm not concerned. In fact, I store a tub in the freezer, and just scoop out a few tablespoons into a tupperware container. That way one tub lasts for months. If I used it regularly, I'd buy whipped cream in the can, but since I don't I just don't worry about the Cool Whip).

I'll buy real whipped cream occasionally but I buy it in the pressurized can (usually for guests, because even in the can, I don't use enough of it to use it before mold starts to grow around the tip).

Last edited by kaplods; 02-06-2011 at 07:15 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote