South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #1  
Mous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Dr. Agatston on TV!
Watch preventive cardiologist Dr. Arthur Agatston on the nationally syndicated The Dr. Oz Show, where he discusses how to maintain a healthy heart and heart disease prevention. Tune in on Tuesday, February 8th to catch the show. Check your local listings.
From The South Beach Diet (TM) Newsletter

Awoke to another 6 inches of snow. Our main roads were clear yesterday so we ventured out.

Debbie I have wanted to try celery root so you will have to share your experience.
We really like fennel and it has an amazing anise flavor. Cooked or raw it is yummy.
I also like leeks.

Had some gummy bears yesterday and I found that they didn't have the appeal that they did! Don't you just love it when this happens?

Will check back in later.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning. I woke at four when the plough went by and my brain switched on. I forgot to take it out again when I went to bed. I hate when that happens!

Marcie, I love celery root too but it's gotta be the ugliest vegetable in the world! I hate peeling it but sure love celeriac remoulade. Fennel has always been my favourite. Fennel, orange and black olives make a great salad. Just for the record, I still love gummi bears!

My desk is piling up again and I think that's why my brain won't turn off. (Does this messy desk make my butt look big? Probably!) Before I head for Church at 8:30, I'll try to sort it out a bit. I wish I could find the person who keeps putting stuff on it when I'm not around.

Aside from Church this morning, I have a 2 PM service to attend at the Baptist Church when they install their new pastor. Then at 4 there's my own Anglican Church AGM followed by a fun dinner party. I really need Monday to rest up but that's not gonna happen. Oh well ... I'd rather burn out than rust out!

Time for breakfast. I have some great Florida strawberries to put on my Fibre 1 and yogurt this morning. That should brighten up my snowy morning. I hope yours is bright in every way too! first!!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Wow that's a day full of church Ruth! We will also be there this morning.

Let's just say I didn't stick to my plan last night with the Chinese food - it actually wasn't the Chinese food that did me in (although I did have some noodles and wontons, not much though) as the appetizers that came before. Enough said; I'm back on plan today.

After church I guess we'll come back here and have lunch and then I need to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to get a wedge pillow, which I hope will help to solve my sinus issues which seem to come up after they get clogged during the night. Other than that, it's just getting ready for the week ahead. Hope everyone has a great day!

ETA: does MSG cause bad dreams for anyone? Because I've not been eating a lot of prepared or processed foods, last night was the first time in a while I've probably encountered MSG and I had some AWFUL dreams. Like dreams where I am trapped by street gangs and mentally ill homeless. They were really disturbing!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-06-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #4  

Good morning! Yesterday I learned that I have no rhythm at all....I borrowed a copy of the Zumba Cardio party from a friend at school to try! It was quite comical but I did get the ol' heart rate up that's for sure. I only got through about 40 mins. of it! Wish I had the moves down- I really think it would be fun if I could do it! Anyway, heading to church myself in a bit! Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.
MmcKellan- I am thankful for new starts today myself. Last week I got really off track with all the sickness here but I am really looking forward to a good on plan week!
Marcie- Thanks for the heads up on the Dr. Oz show....I would love to see that!
Ruth- Have a great busy day!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Sunday morning!

I don't believe I've ever had celery root, but I love fennel and have it often. I make a salad with it (similar to Ruth's), and I like to dice some up and toss it in with white beans while I'm sauteeing them.

Yesterday was a long and boring day, but the sun is shining in a bright blue sky today and I plan on getting out of the house for a while. We're going to go look at paint colors at Home Depot for our bedroom, and I have to pick up a few things at the supermarket. I'll stop by Mom & Dad's on the way home for a short visit. The kids will be here later for dinner, and I'm looking forward to that.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I to am going to follow in the trend and go to church this morning. This afternoon Tanner and I are headed to see Camelot. Where he performs on Saturdays is doing Camelot as their dinner theater right now and on the first Sunday afternoon they do it we get to go for $5. Tanner loves any kind of play, so it should be fun. Afterwards it will be time for the cleaning and getting ready for the week.

litar-I am also not a dancer. Any time I go to a group class you can be assured I will be the one turned the wrong way

mmckellan-sorry you had all of those rough dreams. I am not sure if MSG will give you bad dream or not.

marcie- I am going to set my DVR. Thanks!

Have a great Sunday!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

I got a bit confused by the chats today. Seriously, some days reading the chat title is the only way I know it's Sunday. Or whatever day.

Tall and Thin - Thinking of you

Marcie - Thanks for the Dr. A alert. I record Dr. Oz. I don't watch every show but now and then he has something pretty interesting. I'll be sure to watch on Tuesday.

Ruth - LOL about your desk.

Matilda - I had bad dreams last night too. Maybe it's the moon stage. Didn't someone tell us about that once?

Lisa - I took Zumba at the spa last summer and was sooo uncoordinated! And I could not remember the routines.

Linda - The sun makes such a difference IMO. Enjoy your time with the family.

So my teen got his first, and hopefully last, speeding ticket. He is broke so maybe this will finally motivate him to get a job! He's been researching how to fight it. Teens. He had his dance last night and I could not believe the high heels the girls were wearing. HIGH. Poor things in their skimpy dresses with no hose or coats in the freezing cold. Brrr.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning! We had 'thunder snow' here last night. First time I've ever seen/heard it, although I'd heard of it before.

We just finished shoveling. I'm cooling off a bit before I hit the shower and get ready for church. Lots of cancellations this morning but our church never cancels and we've got 4 wheel drive. The roads should be in good shape by the time we're heading home.

I've never had celery root. I'm going to have to google.

Ruth, your desk sounds like my dining room table. I clear it off and the next thing I know there's mail and magazines and sales receipts covering it again. I can't stand it when it's all cluttered up, but that doesn't keep me from stacking things on it......

We went out for supper last night and I'm afraid I undid any benefits I might have gained by all my exercise yesterday. But I'm trying to look on the bright side - imagine if I hadn't done the exercise before we hit Pat's Pizza?

Enjoy your Sunday friends.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Karen - about the speeding ticket.
My son got one 89 days after he got his license - so his license was suspended. (Any violation within the first 90 days means suspension here.)

We were relieved in some ways, figured it would make him a much more careful driver in the long run. And he was good about it, blamed only himself (he was on his way to work and was running late). But the insurance company coded it as a suspension, not a speeding ticket and he's still suffering the consequences. His insurance rates are sky high.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The cats actually let me sleep in today. It was so nice to wake up to sunlight.

We had thunder sleet last night so the fundraiser was kind of a bust. The music was great (all three musicians made it) but the audience was tiny. Can't really blame anyone it was ugly out there but I feel bad for the shelter.

The snow is so deep now the squirrels can just hop past the baffles and onto the feeders. They are happy but the birds are definitely not

I'm planning a relaxing day of cooking, cleaning, maybe some reading and a quick trip to see snow buntings and horned larks. I am going to avoid opening work email because I know there will be work in there and I am taking this day off!

Happy Sunday friends
Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #11  
Mous

Oh my! I just got my spices that I ordered and I am amazed at the aromas!

Here is what I ordered:
Paprika Smoked

Beijing Rub

Paradise Fig Blend

Berber Spice Mix

Caribbean Rub

Pig Powder

Be well, be safe and be happy.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I tried something new and refused to get up early. Too bad since I have lots to do, now I need to get going...hopefully with rewards for extra rest.

It's snowing like crazy here and we're supposed to leave at 930 to take my Mom to brunch. I just checked and the road is open but there doesn't seem to be much ski traffic. Maybe the skiiers are staying home!

Have a great day everyone! I'll let you all know about the celery root. I'm going to put it in my soup this afternoon. Kirk has to shovel both our place and Moms so I told him I'd work in the house while he did that. I'd rather shovel but he's not a great organizer.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190.5/190.5/140

Thanks for letting us know about Dr. A on Oz. I'm going to pre-tape that now. I heard Dr. A has a new book coming out in September, titled The South Beach Wake-up Call. Since I have all his books, that's next on my list! I'm glad he's keeping the series going.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

TallandThin - Just read the rest of yesterday's posts! Praying for you sister.

It's SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! We stocked up at the store yesterday and have our snacks (some OP, some not so much.) No alcohol though, so I shouldn't have too hard of a time staying OP. Going to make stuffed mushrooms, bean and cheese dip, and sweet & sour meatballs. Chris and Anna have summer sausage, pepperoni, brick cheese, Ritz crackers, and cheese-dogs to wrap with crescent rolls and bake in the oven. Hooray!

Anyhoozle I'm going to get cleaned up a bit. Hope everyone is having a lovely morning!!!!

Lisa
Old 02-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #15  
Mous

It is MY fault about the chat topic but I completely forgot that is was Saturday and I cannot change or alter the topic area once posted. Again I am sorry.
Closed Thread