Cant seem to break this last barrier

• I have been on phase one for almost two weeks now. I have cheated twice-one time I ate candy (oopsies!) and another time I went out and had a few beers with friends. Other than those two slip ups, I have been on plan.
    I feel like I have been constantly battling to cross from the 150 some boundary into the 149 and below. I been working out everyday through crossfit bootcamp. I have even added 2 more glasses of water a day to my 4 normal glasses.
    I am hoping to extend phase 1 into another week, to make up for my mess ups and possibly cross into the 140s.
    Has anyone else got stuck at a plateau like this? Thanks for the support!
  • Low 150s and high 140s
  • Ug! I hate plateaus!

There are two main things I do to break a plateau.. First, with eating -- I increase my Calories for a day or two.. Add an extra serving of olive oil to your food (I think it's 120 Calories per tbs, but don't quote me on that), or maybe a serving of low-fat cheese (around 90 Calories).. Sometimes our bodies greedily hold on to fat because our Calories have dropped too low. Adding slightly more of an "approved" food for a day or two is often enough to nudge things in the right direction.

The second thing I do is follow the FIT method for exercise. That is, Frequency, Intensity, and Time -- frequency would be adding an extra session per week, intensity is adding resistance (I like those strap-on weights myself), and time is exercising for longer each time. Often one or all of these are enough to kick start things when they stall
  • I agree with Mum2Monkeys about the FIT method. What I can also suggest is patience. It seems like the barrier from one weight "decade" to the next is always a big one for me too, and can sometimes take a week or more to get through it...but without fail, i always do.

hang in there!
  • It is very common for weight loss to stall or plateau after that first part of PH1. Into PH2 sometimes as well. It can be frustrating Hang in there.
  • 2 weeks does hardly a plateau make, my dear. I agree w/ the advice given, though. And don't forget, you could be putting on muscle and therefore disguising your fat loss w/ muscle gain.