3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Help, getting back up (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/224300-help-getting-back-up.html)

Willow324 01-31-2011 12:10 PM

Help, getting back up

I did great on Phase 1. I was really nervous about phase 2 and noticed that I wasn't even doing it right. I was sticking to 2-3 servings of carbs but it wasn't always the right kind. Then what did it for me, I went out for Indian food for the first time and that was it...I was off track from Thursday til Sunday. I am really disappointed in myself and the weight set backs.
I really need to get out of the mentality of 'diet' and 'no diet'. Today I physically feel sick.
anyways, Im here today restarting phase 1....

uscarchie 01-31-2011 12:31 PM

The transition from P1 to P2 is always tricky. I find it's best (and I've done this a few times myself) when you fall off the wagon to do a few days of P1, and then restart the transition.

So I like to do a really slow transition into P2- most here call it P1.5. The goal is to eventually be able to have 1 fruit and 1 serving of grain at each meal.
So week 1 of P1.5: Everything's like P1, but you add in 1 serving of fruit at the same time each day. See how you do. Does it give you cravings?
Week 2: Keep up with the fruit, and add in 1 serving of grains. Does it give you cravings? See how your body reacts.
If things are still OK for you, then add in 1 more fruit. Then add in 1 more grain... so on and so forth.

Eventually you'll get to a point where you're pretty content- you don't need any more fruits/grains and you're still losing weight. Once you get there, stay there until you plateau. Then up your exercise and maybe reduce your grains/fruits until you break the plateau.

And you're going to have days where it just doesn't work out the way the plan wants it to be. Do a day of P1 to balance it out, and go right back where you were.

LADY WINDSONG 01-31-2011 01:15 PM

Set a small goal for yourself. Get a calender and some stickers ad place one on each day that you do what you need to be doing. You can do this. I am :cheer: for you. :mouse:

TallandThin 01-31-2011 01:20 PM

Good morning Willow, :wave: nice to meet you. Here's my hand, grab on and climb back up on the beach. Together, we can all do this. Again, I firmly believe that a "can do attitude" is most important when trying to eat healthy. After that, you need to return here for support and information as often as possible. There are some wonderful supportive folks who have and continue to help me along this learning path. Good luck and hope to see you often.

catluviv 01-31-2011 01:24 PM

Hi everyone,
Just wondering what you are up to. Better yet what you are down to.
Well I am checking the posts and am trying to get my act together to stat my P1 tomorrow, my big thing is to get moving. Gee I am a slug...lol
Well back to reading all about it, I am good at this,
Love cathy

Willow324 01-31-2011 05:09 PM

thank you all (very sweet tallandthin)
I think its really about one day at a time
My first goal is to get back on the plan and incorporate exercise. I want to start the 30 day shred.
I'm going to focus on getting below 200!